Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:53:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neil Buchanan is not Banksy

Started by Butchers Blind, September 07, 2020, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

BlodwynPig

wooders1978

Well he would say that wouldn't he?

What's next, the fella from massive attack gonna deny it too?

The Mollusk

Captain Z

Art Attack what a show they wouldn't show that on the BBC nowadays with their anti-British woke PC agenda. RIP.

jobotic

I wish him no ill will and I hope he lives to a ripe old age, but if Buchanan doesn't die of a heart attack when he goes, I'm going to feel very cheated.

Fr.Bigley

I thought everyone thought is was Robert Del Naja.

idunnosomename

He was actually smart arty on zzzap! though

Shit Good Nose

I didn't realise that Buchanan had ever been a Banksy suspect.  One for the fuck my hat thread.

In any case, us Bristolians have known for years (long before the Fail "broke" the story) that Banksy is non-celebrity Bristolian Robert Gunningham.  It's the worst kept secret locally.  It's also been proven that it isn't Robert Del Naja as Massive Attack have been on tour in different countries when several Banksy pieces have been done.

Thursday

Banksy has never done anything anything as good as an episode of Art Attack, I'd be disappointed in Neil if it was true.

Ha! It's literally the Google auto suggestion.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Alberon

I refuse to deny that I am Banksy.

Bazooka

Quote from: Captain Z on September 07, 2020, 11:54:49 AM
Art Attack what a show they wouldn't show that on the BBC nowadays with their anti-British woke PC agenda. RIP.

Especially as it aired on ITV, multichannel identity politics gone mad!

Captain Z

No doubt they'd have to make Morph into a brown, gender-neutral blob these days.

Bazooka

Based on the accent I thought it was common knowledge of who he is, here he is being arrested for drawing a picture of a policeman mouse on a school.

The Mollusk

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bazooka on September 07, 2020, 02:29:58 PM

Based on the accent I thought it was common knowledge of who he is, here he is being arrested for drawing a picture of a policeman mouse on a school.
neil buchanan's let himself go

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ If any graffiti appears that says "Cream my back, you bitch" then we definitely know it's him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A funnier proposal for Banksy from Children's TV would have been an early 90s Blue Peter presenter. Not a rogueish one like Leslie - don't try it - one of the unfashionably CofE ones that came from a Tory production line, a completely innocuous vessel of nothing, a condom, a void. Stuart Miles reveals via Methodist TikTok he is the great one! Oh, your Excellency, I am struck down and prostrate before you! My great cocker of snooks, satire rendered flesh, spray-canned moral conscience on the decay-skag walls of severed Albion. To be in your presence is to know life itself remoulded in the dazzling embers of your aura!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on September 07, 2020, 12:03:18 PM
I thought everyone thought is was Robert Del Naja.

What, Neil Buchanan?

Was Daddy G Pat Sharp?

idunnosomename

I'm Neil Buchanan and so's my wife

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

If I was Banksy I'd want to keep it quiet too. He is rubbish.

Pinball

I thought it was well-known. Even the Daily Hate's journos can use wikipedia, surely? Now pay attention 007:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy

"Banksy is commonly believed to be Robin Gunningham, born on 28 July 1973 in Yate, 12 miles (19 km) from Bristol.[16][17][12] Several of Gunningham's associates and former schoolmates at Bristol Cathedral School have corroborated this rumour, and in 2016, a study found that the incidence of Banksy's works correlated with the known movements of Gunningham.[18][19][20][21]

According to The Sunday Times, Gunningham began employing the name Robin Banks, which eventually became Banksy. Two cassette sleeves featuring his art work from 1993, for the Bristol Band 'Mother Samosa', exist with his signature.[22]

In June 2017, DJ Goldie referred to Banksy as "Rob".[23]".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Goldie letting the side down with that there. Thanks Goldie.

ProvanFan

Quote from: Pinball on September 07, 2020, 09:55:23 PM
I thought it was well-known. Even the Daily Hate's journos can use wikipedia, surely? Now pay attention 007:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy

"Banksy is commonly believed to be Robin Gunningham, born on 28 July 1973 in Yate, 12 miles (19 km) from Bristol.[16][17][12] Several of Gunningham's associates and former schoolmates at Bristol Cathedral School have corroborated this rumour, and in 2016, a study found that the incidence of Banksy's works correlated with the known movements of Gunningham.[18][19][20][21]

According to The Sunday Times, Gunningham began employing the name Robin Banks, which eventually became Banksy. Two cassette sleeves featuring his art work from 1993, for the Bristol Band 'Mother Samosa', exist with his signature.[22]

In June 2017, DJ Goldie referred to Banksy as "Rob".[23]".

Nah it's Anstis

idunnosomename

it's incredible how anyone still gives a shit about banksy

i bought one of his prints from POW for 150 quid when he just started out, ended up selling it for a tidy profit a few years back.  Cheers Banksy.

ProvanFan

I've got the original bottom lip from the Motormouth set.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on September 07, 2020, 10:48:16 PM
i bought one of his prints from POW for 150 quid when he just started out, ended up selling it for a tidy profit a few years back.

How could you verify it was his? Was it signed "N Buchanan"?