Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2020 - 2021

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 08, 2020, 09:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Aubameyang and Rashford in midfield?!

DrGreggles

Worth noting that 4 teams aren't playing in Gameweek 1, due to [insert reason here].

Blinder Data

Packed my team with Leeds players as I reckon they're cheap and I reckon they will be the surprise package of this EPL season #football

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 08, 2020, 10:42:41 AM
Worth noting that 4 teams aren't playing in Gameweek 1, due to [insert reason here].
Both Manchester teams had European commitments after the regular season ended, so they were given this week off.

DrGreggles

The Lurker

monkfromhavana

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 08, 2020, 09:45:57 AM
Aubameyang and Rashford in midfield?!

It's very weird. There are very few big hitters in the striker places (Kane, Aguero, Jesus, Firmino and Werner), and the rest is people you take a punt on or you buy as cheaply as possible to fill a place.

The Culture Bunker

I think in the case of Rashford, it's due to him mainly playing a more wide role these days as opposed to centre forward. In previous seasons, Martial was down as a midfielder for the same reason, but the two of them seem to have switched roles. Tabloid favourite Mason Greenwood has also had this FL position switched from forward to midfield.

DrGreggles

Quote from: monkfromhavana on September 09, 2020, 07:46:26 AM
It's very weird. There are very few big hitters in the striker places (Kane, Aguero, Jesus, Firmino and Werner), and the rest is people you take a punt on or you buy as cheaply as possible to fill a place.

In Firmino's case, he's not even a traditional CF and generally plays much deeper than Salah & Mane - who are both listed as midfielders.

El Unicornio, mang

Not a big fan of the formatting of this version (maybe because I'm used to playing the Sky Sports one) but I'll throw my hat in the ring. The subs option is cool.

Chollis

time for another year where I start off full of interest in this and then gradually just forget about it as the season goes on

DrGreggles

I usually start off eagerly, go on holiday in September, then forget all about it.

No holiday this year!

EOLAN

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 08, 2020, 03:33:41 PM
Packed my team with Leeds players as I reckon they're cheap and I reckon they will be the surprise package of this EPL season #football

As everyone appears to be predicting Leeds to be comfortably safe and many upper-half of the table; will the surprise be them finishing rock-bottom with less points than 2007/08 Derby County.

Emma Raducanu

How are bench boost and triple captain used? Once per season?

holyzombiejesus

Yes. Most people save for when their chosen player or team has a two game week.

Inspector Norse

I am considering signing up but before doing so I would like to know the policy on contrived puns as team names. Are they obligatory or are they frowned upon?

Ferris

Quote from: Inspector Norse on September 09, 2020, 08:48:30 PM
I am considering signing up but before doing so I would like to know the policy on contrived puns as team names. Are they obligatory or are they frowned upon?

Strictly enforced, I'm afraid.

Blinder Data

Was I the only wanker who didn't captain Salah?

bgmnts

Guilty of that myself, he's my vice captain.

Ferris

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 12, 2020, 10:55:22 PM

Me too. I'm used to doing my captains just before the first kick off on the Sky Sports one, didn't realise you have to do it earlier on this one :(

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 12, 2020, 10:55:22 PM

The leader (and second placed) of the C&B league triple captained him!

Thinking of wildcarding for the 2nd week. Had planned to get rid of Salah, Son and A Cheapo to bring in KDB, Foden and Martial over the next two or three weeks but my gamble of bringing in 2 cheapo Arsenal players (Martinez and Saliba), hoping they'd get match time hasn't worked and price drops could really screw things up.

phes

I'm 50th of 50!

Not much can do about Salah hatrick. Very low probability, not much to call between him and Auba. Them's the breaks

Poobum

Totally forget to check who was captain. Timo Werner is my captain, he better play well by golly gosh!

Marner and Me

Seen loads who triple captained Salah

The Lurker

I had Vardy as captain so I'm not complaining too much..

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 13, 2020, 01:09:57 PM
The leader (and second placed) of the C&B league triple captained him!

Thinking of wildcarding for the 2nd week. Had planned to get rid of Salah, Son and A Cheapo to bring in KDB, Foden and Martial over the next two or three weeks but my gamble of bringing in 2 cheapo Arsenal players (Martinez and Saliba), hoping they'd get match time hasn't worked and price drops could really screw things up.

I'd hold on to Martinez if I were you. He's going to be somebody's no. 1 keeper very soon.

holyzombiejesus

Trying to decide whether to go for Werner & Doucoure or Wilson & Rodriguez. Also, is TAA worth the extra 1m over Van Dijk? Would like to keep Aubameyang for the West Ham game but if KDB rises by 0.1, which I think is likely, I'd be screwed.

Ferris

Van Dijk and TAA are much of a muchness. I put VD in because he was cheaper and as long as you've got one you're laughing.

Not sold on De Bruyne - are man city still squad rotation merchants? Lot of money to spend on a player who spends 10 games a season in the bench or whatever.