Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2020 - 2021

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 08, 2020, 09:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Sorry wrong Fantasy Football Forum.

My Premier League one is doing godawful. May just buy in a load of players from teams I hate and players up against my team to try to see if my curse will continue.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 28, 2020, 11:49:40 AM
That's what I'm fearing, so I'm keeping him in for now. Similarly, if I bring a player in when they're doing well and they suddenly turn rubbish.
I replaced Werner with Calvert-Lewin at Everton, so I'm sure you know what happens next.

Poobum

I'm sticking with Werner for now, he should suit the Prem. Did correct my mistake of having a Leeds defender and replaced Dallas with Klich, despite the clean sheet. My loyalty has payed off though, knew Bamford was gonna blast off straight away. Totally did. Not a single City player in my squad this time, feels completely the right decision, terminal decline now, Pep gone end of season.

The Culture Bunker

I watched the second half of WBA/Chelsea at the weekend, and barely noticed Werner at all, which made my decision to bin him. He seemed to be out on the right wing, with Abraham at CF - and given the latter scored, I worked on the assumption he'd keep his place at the weekend. Bonus that C-L is a couple of million cheaper, which brought in some much needed funds for a new midfielder, which I may need given that Solskjaer doesn't want to play van de Beek from the start of PL games. 

Blinder Data

Wildcarded, should've done it sooner. Werner is rubs. Where is Aubamayeng?

My midfield is now Son, Salah, Rodriguez and Mahrez. Phwoar

The Lurker

KDB out injured. Get those transfers in, lads. Or don't if you're up against me in the head-to-head league.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm giving you one more chance, Werner. Minimum two goals today or it's over between us until I give you another chance next week.

Poobum

The Chelsea winning 4-0 and Werner doing fuck all was last chance for me. I'm sure I'll be vindicated come the end of the season.

Ferris

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 17, 2020, 12:17:40 PM
I'm giving you one more chance, Werner. Minimum two goals today or it's over between us until I give you another chance next week.

Mate ship him out quick. He's a donkey, will be lucky to crack double digits this year.

El Unicornio, mang

But he promised me he's changed! Sent big bouquet of flowers and everything.

Ferris

The Lurker

VVD off injured after 10 minutes. Just one normal week of Fantasy Premier League. It's all I ask for. Will never happen.

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 17, 2020, 12:17:40 PM

Called it!

El Unicornio, mang

Fixed him! All his past behaviour is forgiven.

Poobum

I feel what Timo Werner is doing right now is nothing more than a targeted personal attack. :(

The Culture Bunker

I did switch out Werner, but brought in Calvert-Lewin and then used the spare cash for Son, so hopefully not a bad move. However, I did bench Adams from Southampton and now hope one of Zaha or van de Beek doesn't play so I can get those goal + assist points.

Ferris

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 17, 2020, 04:37:50 PM
I did switch out Werner, but brought in Calvert-Lewin and then used the spare cash for Son, so hopefully not a bad move. However, I did bench Adams from Southampton and now hope one of Zaha or van de Beek doesn't play so I can get those goal + assist points.

I have Zaha in but think he's injured so he'll be subbed out for Calvert-Lewin.

Lovely stuff.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 17, 2020, 04:42:53 PM
I have Zaha in but think he's injured so he'll be subbed out for Calvert-Lewin.

Lovely stuff.
Alas, Zaha starts, so looks like Adams' 11 points will go to waste on the bench for me, unless Costa at Leeds sits out the game on Monday. Doh.

Ferris

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 18, 2020, 01:28:52 PM
Alas, Zaha starts, so looks like Adams' 11 points will go to waste on the bench for me, unless Costa at Leeds sits out the game on Monday. Doh.

Bollocks

RDRR

Didn't realise in previous years just how easy it is to game team value, i.e., point-chasing isn't a complete waste of time. There's also something fun about the people vying to have the most valuable team making 5 transfers a week. Wonder about a strategy where you do that in some form for the first few games to rack up £ then shell out on the big hitters.

Just took the -4pt hit to get Kane in for Jimenez, with VDV as the makeweight. Of course now he will get a freak midweek training injury.

holyzombiejesus

I just fucking give up. Every single decision I make is wrong. Sold Werner, benched Digne, kept hold of Mitrovic. Worst performance in this since my nephew got beaten by his horse's team.

The Culture Bunker

Having Son as captain, 28 points thank you, then seeing Spurs collapse after he was subbed was a lovely bonus at the end of the weekend. Could do with WBA keeping a clean sheet tonight, which seem unlikely.

Still kicking myself over leaving Che Adams on the bench.

Poobum

Werner did make way for Son, so I'll take it.

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 19, 2020, 12:40:55 AM
I just fucking give up. Every single decision I make is wrong. Sold Werner, benched Digne, kept hold of Mitrovic. Worst performance in this since my nephew got beaten by his horse's team.

Let me tell you a story of how my carefully reseached team shat the bed in week 1 so I had a collapse of confidence in my decision making and WC'd out Kane (21), Son (24), Ings (11), Barnes (13), Mitro (12). In WK2 my team scored 50 and previous team scored 100. Or how about my free hit in about WK4 when I did basically the same taking out Rodriguez (18), Wilson (13) etc etc and a bunch of other players who scored 60 and my FH team scored 35. I'm now about 50 points behind where i'd be if i'd gone into a coma on day 1 and i've used my WC, FH and a half dozen hits.

I will win nothing pleasing but that is officially the most catastrophic WC of all time so there is that victory. My friends have started actually cash betting against my decisions such is the consistency of every single thing I do being the opposite of what i should have done

hello my name is phes i'm bald, unemployed and I live with my parents

never known a season like it

Beagle 2

Lads, I'm top. I don't think this has ever happened before.

phes

I brought in 3 villa players, jorginho and kane this week. Villa players dutifully dispatched to a net loss of -7, not accounting for what the players they replaced could get

Get your bets on for missed penalties by jorginho and kane and Burnley 0 Spurs 0

Locked in, lads

Ferris

Quote from: phes on October 24, 2020, 02:40:27 PM
I brought in 3 villa players, jorginho and kane this week. Villa players dutifully dispatched to a net loss of -7, not accounting for what the players they replaced could get

Get your bets on for missed penalties by jorginho and kane and Burnley 0 Spurs 0

Locked in, lads

I also started to #believe, so in came grealish at great expense and Dallas & Bamford on the bench. 20 points going begging. Furious.

The Culture Bunker

Pretty much at the last moment, I stuck Costa from Leeds back in my XI and got an assist out of it. Replacing Allison with Ederson - not quite as canny a move.

Poobum

Am loyal Leeds fan, been rewarded. Always believed in Bamford. Happy dance.

Mantle Retractor

I see Rodriguez is starting today. Rejigging my whole fucking midfield to accommodate his absence was time and points well spent.