Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Local Lockdown Watch

Started by bgmnts, September 08, 2020, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Closing all the pubs in Bolton is a bit pointless, as it just means everyone piles on the train into Manchester this Saturday night instead.

bgmnts

Well they'll be doing so illegally now no?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bgmnts on September 08, 2020, 06:30:31 PM
Well they'll be doing so illegally now no?
How do you enforce it? Have plod loitering around the train stations/on buses in Bolton asking people where they're going?

Seems to me there's very little chance of Manchester going into measures again, so the danger is you're funnelling the problem into a fairly small area on Friday/Saturday night.

bgmnts

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on September 08, 2020, 06:35:43 PM
How do you enforce it? Have plod loitering around the train stations/on buses in Bolton asking people where they're going?

Seems to me there's very little chance of Manchester going into measures again, so the danger is you're funnelling the problem into a fairly small area on Friday/Saturday night.

Well they shouldn't be out of their houses should they? God knows.

Icehaven

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on September 08, 2020, 06:24:57 PM
Closing all the pubs in Bolton is a bit pointless, as it just means everyone piles on the train into Manchester this Saturday night instead.

That's what happened in Leicester isn't it? All the pubs on the edge of the lockdown area suddenly found themselves very busy.

Phil Colons

Can guarantee that Neath and Port Talbot will follow on Monday. Would be bizarre if they didn't as they are surrounded by lock down regions.

bgmnts

Quote from: Phil Colons on September 25, 2020, 01:03:52 PM
Can guarantee that Neath and Port Talbot will follow on Monday. Would be bizarre if they didn't as they are surrounded by lock down regions.

Yeah good shout. Neath and Port Talbot, Torfaen and Vale of Glamorgan to go into lockdown by 6pm tomorrow.

Didn't want to leave the house anyway.

Fambo Number Mive

Where I live is on amber, 43.9 cases per 100,000. Local paper comments are full of Covidiots insulting people who actually care about fighting the virus.