Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pls Like Series 3

Started by The Lurker, September 08, 2020, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Quote from: Ludicrous Display on January 28, 2021, 03:17:45 PM
The dump ghost bloke is used too sparingly in this series, the boxing episode is comfortably the strongest in my eyes. Loved the Logan Paul style podcast he has which always starts out with good intentions.

Mad that, as it's comfortably my least favourite episode by far, in fact I thought it was rubbish. Didn't understand why we were supposed to care about this pedestrian boxing match scenario or how it was a relevant comment on internet culture (with the huge qualification that I realise that may very well be my fault for not being aware of what it was a take on, hopefully: if anyone can set me right with context for this I'd be grateful ). The rest of the series was pretty good though, thought it got significantly better in the last half of the run.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 29, 2021, 05:17:58 PM
Mad that, as it's comfortably my least favourite episode by far, in fact I thought it was rubbish. Didn't understand why we were supposed to care about this pedestrian boxing match scenario or how it was a relevant comment on internet culture (with the huge qualification that I realise that may very well be my fault for not being aware of what it was a take on, hopefully: if anyone can set me right with context for this I'd be grateful ). The rest of the series was pretty good though, thought it got significantly better in the last half of the run.

It was taking the piss out of KSI vs Logan Paul, specifically the second fight when Eddie Hearn got involved. Pls Like nailed the fake beef thing, and as mentioned already, Tim Key was definitely channelling Hearn. But I totally understand why it's tough to care about the fight in the episode if you're unaware of what it's satirising. I mean I'm barely aware of TikTok and didn't know VSCO was a thing.

Captain Z

I haven't watched any of S3 yet, but Stormzy is always 'Bombzy' to me after the character in the previous series.

AllisonSays

I'm not sure if I like this show but I do like how he writes the original two vlogggers, the couple, who always seem like decent and sweet and thoughtful people rather than one-dimensional idiots even though they have to be that for the joke quite a lot; that's hard to do, and it'd have been much easier to just make them silly. And Tim Key is class in it, of course.