Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,474
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unlikely pairings in buddy movies.

Started by Fr.Bigley, September 09, 2020, 09:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Gilbert Gottfried and Klaus Kinski star in an 80's romp about a Jewish NYC desk cop who, through finding some descrepancies in pathology files is convinced there are Nazi war criminals still living in NYC today under assumed identities. Is partnered with Kinski as the surly, but vicarious detective "Schinken" who is the only one German enough to infiltrate an upper crust society to weed them out. Both grow to love each others idiosyncrasies eventually culminating in a wry smile from Kinski and the ubiquiotus catchphrase "Ich genieße dich".  Giorgio Moroder did the soundtrack, Jamie lee Curtis is Gottfried's love interest and some interesting sex scenes with hijinxs a plenty.

Shit Good Nose

HS Art and Deeper Into Movies are too old for this shit.

Wonderful Butternut

Generic Black Cop and Generic White Cop team up to defeat some Chinamen or Muslims or something.

Twonty Gostelow

I remember Jamie Lee Curtis's unlikely pairing in Trading Places. Do you know what I mean fellows?!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tango and Cash. They are opposites in almost every way, and have an intense rivalry with each considering himself to be the best, even going so far as to make fun of each others willies in the showers. However, they overcome their differences and combine forces to finally thwart the bad guy's plans for good.

Mr Banlon

MidnightShambler

Arnie and James Belushi in Red Heat. Outstanding piece of Cold War propaganda but I don't give a shit, I love that film. Belushi isn't full on insufferable cunt yet and you can watch him for 90 minutes without feeling bilious and irritated.

JaDanketies

Arnold Schwarzenegger and clone Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 6th Day.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: MidnightShambler on September 09, 2020, 09:33:09 PM
Arnie and James Belushi in Red Heat. Outstanding piece of Cold War propaganda but I don't give a shit, I love that film. Belushi isn't full on insufferable cunt yet and you can watch him for 90 minutes without feeling bilious and irritated.

Dreadful film. I'm sure I've half-watched it about 10 times and always got bored.

Surely all buddy pairings are unlikely to some degree, that's the point of them. A likely pairing would be Riggs and another mad ex-soldier.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Turner and Hooch. Hooch isn't even a human being. See also: Alien Nation.

MidnightShambler

Quote from: monkfromhavana on September 09, 2020, 09:40:06 PM
Dreadful film. I'm sure I've half-watched it about 10 times and always got bored.

Surely all buddy pairings are unlikely to some degree, that's the point of them. A likely pairing would be Riggs and another mad ex-soldier.

Nah, Arnold knocking fuck out of a whole sauna of Russians and Mongolians  and throwing them through windows into the snow and that, then ripping off someone's prosthetic leg full of cocaine and ending up in Queens calling his partner a cunt within the first 10 minutes is exactly the sort of thing we're missing today. No messing about.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: monkfromhavana on September 09, 2020, 09:40:06 PM

That's pretty good. One of my mates ripped the piss out of me for using the phrase 'still didn't like it' when I said I rewatched Existenz and still didn't like it.

bgmnts

Quote from: MidnightShambler on September 09, 2020, 09:33:09 PM

I love Arnie but I barely got through thay film.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 09, 2020, 05:13:07 PM
Tango and Cash. They are opposites in almost every way, and have an intense rivalry with each considering himself to be the best, even going so far as to make fun of each others willies in the showers. However, they overcome their differences and combine forces to finally thwart the bad guy's plans for good.

I got mixed up between T&C and Turner and Hooch while reading this post, which caused me to ponder questions such as 'can a man be the opposite of a dog?' and 'how do a dog and a man make fun of each other's willies in the showers?'

Sebastian Cobb

Now I just want to see The Fly, but it's a dog instead of a fly.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Instead of sicking up on his food and then eating it, Brundledog shocks Geena Davis by lying on the floor and licking his own testicles.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 10, 2020, 12:04:38 AM
Instead of sicking up on his food and then eating it, Brundledog shocks Geena Davis by lying on the floor and licking his own testicles.

This is it! This is the film I'm imagining.

If it was a genetic freak of a dog, like a pug or something, Cronenberg could've still really ran with it.

idunnosomename

Anus Cop and Penis Detective forced together on the one big case... the case of.... Mr Billy Steele

Cerys

Pingu and the shark from Jaws in Happy Teeth.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 10, 2020, 02:45:44 AM
Anus Cop and Penis Detective forced together on the one big case... the case of.... Mr Billy Steele

AC and PD In....The Pampers Strangler

Mr Farenheit

'Oh Shit!' guy from The Sopranos and the dog from Star Wars

Hyena-Swine and the General Lee

Royale With Cheese and the chocolate bar from Caddyshack

Cerys

Cold Meat Platter

Danny Dyer and Anne Widdecombe in Sudden Prolapse.

rack and peanut

Jason Statham and his accent in "The One".