Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doncaster Racecourse - spectators to be allowed back

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 09, 2020, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

In another example of Matt Hancock favouring the racing industry, the "pilot event" at Doncaster Racecourse is still going ahead despite rising infection rates both nationally and in Doncaster.

QuoteAs the government tightens restrictions on social gatherings in England form Monday, more than 2,500 spectators are expected at Doncaster racecourse later.

The crowd at the first day of the four-day St Leger meeting will be the first at a British horse racing fixture in six months.

Racing has been held behind closed doors since resuming on 1 June after a 10-week suspension because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Up to 3,640 people will be permitted entry on Wednesday, and the racecourse says more than 2,500 tickets have been sold. A limit of 6,202 is planned on the other days, including Saturday, when the Leger, the world's oldest Classic race, is staged...

It seems utterly ridicious to go ahead with this. The website says face masks must be worn "On arrival, exit, when in a queue, visiting the bar, bookmakers or a lavatory" but I presume this means that they can be taken off at other times.

The fact that there is a bar means that alcohol will probably be served - after a couple of pints are racegoers going to remember to social distance while watching this horrible sport?

What happens if the weather is bad? How will social distancing be maintained in indoor areas?

Chollis

imagine a world without Doncaster Racecourse though. you can't, can you?

Fambo Number Mive

Good for Dr Suckling. No doubt today's in person meeting will still cause a rise in cases, but it will be a lot less had local health officials not done this.

The Health Secretary will be furious. No doubt he will get on his high horse.