Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead Ending & 2 Spin-Off’s Announced

Started by Malcy, September 09, 2020, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

It's weird how this comes back and hardly any one even realises any more.

Are they still doing those Rick prequel movies? And the Daryl + Carol spinoff? Is "Fear Of" still going? They did a youth spinoff as well didn't they?

El Unicornio, mang

It's technically not out til the 28th, but AMC Plus have it as an early access thing, so of course it's all over the net and I'll be watching it illegally tonight.

Bazooka

Bleh, definitely watch in the background fodder whilst I do something else. I really have no interest in Maggie.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Oh, boy, for a short run of transitional episodes, they have definitely piled on the clichés.

Newly introduced characters that are randomly killed within minutes and then casually dismissed by some protagonist who had supposedly bonded with them during years: check.
Lauren Cohan, looking contractually better than during her previous run on the show: check.
A scene entirely lifted from the ending of Full Metal Jacket: check.
Hand grenades explode in mysterious ways: check.

But the funniest thing was just coincidental. Both The Walking Dead and American Gods closed their latest episode, which premiered on Sunday, with the same song,
Spoiler alert
Leonard Cohen's "You Want It Darker" (the original for AG, a cover for TWD).
[close]
At least, that's something that Zack Snyder won't use in Justice League.

El Unicornio, mang

It's become one of those shows that I just have on while I'm doing something else like browse my phone. I don't recall much that happened except Daryl saying something and Maggie saying something and some deaths occurred.

Gulftastic

Don't forget they ran into a mysterious new enemy. Again.

kitsofan34

Hat FM

i think its time 'the group' had a look at themselves and wonder why they constantly encounter these other 'baddies'

great job avoiding that grenade. if only people had known about the old 'duck!' trick during the war.

Bazooka

Didn't (hate) watch last week's because it was just Daryl and Carol poncing about having a natter, but this week's guest starred none other than the T-1000 himself.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Bazooka on March 15, 2021, 10:24:11 PM
Didn't (hate) watch last week's because it was just Daryl and Carol poncing about having a natter, but this week's guest starred none other than the T-1000 himself.

I actually quite liked last week's. Half of it was flashbacks featuring a new character who is quite relevant to Daryl's backstory.

Bazooka

Fair enough, I don't dislike those characters but they've been going through the motions with them for an eternity.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 15, 2021, 10:27:45 PM
I actually quite liked last week's. Half of it was flashbacks featuring a new character who is will be quite relevant to Daryl's backstory spin-off.

FTFY.

kryton2.0

I remember trying to give the previous one, Fear the walking dead? A chance. And they killed off the best characters in the first two or three series or so?
I remember at the time how refreshing it was to see a drug-addicted character, a non-suburban, his equally conflicted yet chemically pure mother, completely beige.
Yet it worked, far, far more interesting than Rick Grimes and the gang.

Bazooka

CArrul was a good boy he never touched the dope.

Malcy

Quote from: kryton2.0 on March 16, 2021, 04:31:57 AM
I remember trying to give the previous one, Fear the walking dead? A chance. And they killed off the best characters in the first two or three series or so?
I remember at the time how refreshing it was to see a drug-addicted character, a non-suburban, his equally conflicted yet chemically pure mother, completely beige.
Yet it worked, far, far more interesting than Rick Grimes and the gang.

Fear currently has my favourite characters of the whole franchise in it.

Gulftastic

El Unicornio, mang

The season finale of this was actually really good, top 10 all time TWD episode for me. An entire episode devoted to Negan's backstory, flawless de-aging, great acting from Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Gulftastic

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 19, 2021, 11:17:07 AM
The season finale of this was actually really good, top 10 all time TWD episode for me. An entire episode devoted to Negan's backstory, flawless de-aging, great acting from Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

It's nice that they humanised the rapist. Fans were crying out for it.

El Unicornio, mang

I mean, he also threw someone in an oven and bashed a non-threatening guy's head in with a baseball bat among other horrific crimes. He's a bad guy, but it happens to otherwise relatively "good" (aside from cheating on his wife and beating up a guy in a bar) people in such circumstances like war and zombie invasions.