Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Exotic Foreign Muck

Started by Tony Tony Tony, September 09, 2020, 10:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Bloody Canada. They want to be ashamed of themselves, it's actual fucking tree cum up there. They have to take it from the tree or it swells up and bursts overnight which is very embarrassing for the tree. It's so dense in their brown skies that half the time the stuff literally falls from clouds. And yet they still use the cheap stuff.

steve98

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 10, 2020, 07:59:02 AM
these sausages are about 10% pig.

INGREDIENTS: Monosodium Glutamate (1%), Shit (89%)

ADDITIVES: Pork (10%)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 10, 2020, 08:36:33 AM
Bloody Canada. They want to be ashamed of themselves, it's actual fucking tree cum up there. They have to take it from the tree or it swells up and bursts overnight which is very embarrassing for the tree. It's so dense in their brown skies that half the time the stuff literally falls from clouds. And yet they still use the cheap stuff.

Not everywhere, but they do price the real stuff. Like the fucking 'ice wine' which tastes like shit but goes for 50 dollars minimum for a couple of thimbles of the stuff.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on September 10, 2020, 08:37:00 AM

Only 10% a cannibal though and they taste MIIIIIGHHHHTTTY FIIIIINNNNEEE.

pigamus

Quote from: flotemysost on September 09, 2020, 11:09:16 PM
exactly like the smell of human shit

Lovely bit of iambic pentameter, ironically

NoSleep

I was always curious to sample the Icelandic delicacy hákarl (AKA rotting shark) but I no longer eat animal products.

QuoteFermented shark contains a large amount of ammonia and has a strong smell, similar to many cleaning products. It is often served in cubes on toothpicks. Those new to it may gag involuntarily on the first attempt to eat it because of the high ammonia content. First-timers are sometimes advised to pinch their nose while taking the first bite, as the smell is much stronger than the taste. It is often eaten with a shot of the local spirit, a type of akvavit called brennivín.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hákarl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYqznD0R5M

Buelligan

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 10, 2020, 08:36:33 AM

I like maple syrup a lot.  A nice person once gave me a small box of maple sugar leaves, I think they were from Vermont, very good.  But you only need a teeny taste.

The Mollusk

It is the master of syrups. I like to bang it in my overnight oats with chia seeds and mashed banana or grated apple.

imitationleather

Quote from: NoSleep on September 10, 2020, 08:45:56 AM
I was always curious to sample the Icelandic delicacy hákarl (AKA rotting shark) but I no longer eat animal products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYqznD0R5M

When I was in Iceland I got the impression that only tourists eat that shit.

Buelligan

Að fylgjast með þeim hlær okkur gegnheill. Jafnvel þegar veður er skítt.

NoSleep

The Icelanders prefer picking at a sheep's head.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: steve98 on September 10, 2020, 08:37:00 AM

It is pig shit to be fair.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Inspector Norse on September 10, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
It is pig shit to be fair.

happily eat pig shit compared to human or dog. I worked with pig shit for my Masters project. Sweet with only a hint of sourness, add a bit of straw and you've got a decent 'end days' banquet. Best eaten warm.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 10, 2020, 08:22:09 AM
The standard of syrup in America has got to be similar to coffee, right? At least in terms of wholesale shit you get in diners. They barrel that garbage down your neck at such an alarming rate it must be the most cheaply produced Orwellian dribble. Plus IIRC instant coffee granules are much less of a thing in America and a lot of it is drip coffee, so if that standard is applied both in the home and wholesale that probably serves to thin out the quality even more.

Coffee (along with chocolate and syrup and probably a lot of other things) is something Americans are really connected to, and it's great that they think they've got it so good when they really have not. Hell yeah as much coffee as you can drink for $2 in any diner! But you are drinking black sputum water, nice one.

Drip coffee's a lot better than Americano though tbf.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 10, 2020, 09:43:26 AM
happily eat pig shit compared to human or dog. I worked with pig shit for my Masters project. Sweet with only a hint of sourness, add a bit of straw and you've got a decent 'end days' banquet. Best eaten warm.

That's breakfast sorted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is there anything more off-putting than mashed potato presented in scoops like it's ice cream*. There's a deep sensory wrongness at work. I can even faintly taste the crappy claggy mush from looking at it.

*I know, 592,921 other things

Shit Good Nose

It's not how I ever serve it, granted, but I can't say it's ever put me off.  Whenever it is served like that, I always immediately mix in a bit of extra butter and salt and pepper etc, so I never eat it whilst it's a double scoop of vanilla.

idunnosomename

Quote from: pigamus on September 10, 2020, 08:40:19 AM
Lovely bit of iambic pentameter, ironically
what a piece of shit is man

The Mollusk

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2020, 09:26:22 AM
When I was in Iceland I got the impression that only tourists eat that shit.

Same. Pretty sure I heard somewhere that the market for eating blubber in Iceland is entirely propped up by tourism.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 10, 2020, 11:10:49 AM
It's not how I ever serve it, granted, but I can't say it's ever put me off.  Whenever it is served like that, I always immediately mix in a bit of extra butter and salt and pepper etc, so I never eat it whilst it's a double scoop of vanilla.

I was going to say this, the only bad thing about scooped mashed potato is it's usually an indicator that it will be bland and not creamy enough.

Although I'm from the Midlands and we add so much pepper it's basically grey.

Bazooka

Quote from: NoSleep on September 10, 2020, 09:34:46 AM
The Icelanders prefer picking at a sheep's head.

I've had that in Inner Mongolia and it's scrumptious, the mash balls are the most disgusting thing on that plate.

Shit Good Nose

Yes, the meat around the head is always tender and flavoursome, and always more plentiful than you'd expect.  Very similar to the meat from the back of poultry and game birds (so what would typically be the underside when you roast it).  Tongue I don't mind either, but I've not had it since my dad died 11 years ago.  I always used to get him an ox tongue at christmas which he'd cook up and then it would be served cold and sliced on boxing day with relishes and that.

I'll try most things, but I've never gone eyeball and don't think I ever could.  I did have sheeps brain in black butter when I was a kid though - a favourite of my grandparents in Wales.

steveh

Was thinking I'd never seen sarsaparilla sodas or other drinks in the UK but according to Wikipedia the Baldwins brand do a cordial that's sold in pie and mash shops and has been made in London since 1844.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: steveh on September 10, 2020, 12:50:43 PM
Was thinking I'd never seen sarsaparilla sodas or other drinks in the UK but according to Wikipedia the Baldwins brand do a cordial that's sold in pie and mash shops and has been made in London since 1844.

You can usually get Baldwins Original in wholesalers like Makro and Bookers, and I've seen it in places like Home Bargains and Poundland.  Never bought it myself though.  I don't think I've ever actually tried it.

seepage

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 10, 2020, 08:37:41 AM
Not everywhere, but they do price the real stuff. Like the fucking 'ice wine' which tastes like shit but goes for 50 dollars minimum for a couple of thimbles of the stuff.

IIRC as a jolly ruse, one producer priced a 'special cuvee' inversely proportional to how many bottles were left unsold. So the first might cost $100 and the last bottle of the same wine, $2,000.

Dex Sawash

Considering ordering in some Angel Delight to see if it lives up to the title. Accustomed to the more modestly named Jello Instant Pudding and Pie Filling Mix.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 10, 2020, 01:42:10 PM
Considering ordering in some Angel Delight to see if it lives up to the title.

I'm a HUGE fan of Angel Delight, but, as per what I said in the Falklands thread where AD came up, make sure you get the powdered mix and make it with semi skimmed milk (or full-fat for "extra luxury"), as the ready made stuff is made with skimmed milk and is a bit watery and disappointing.

BlodwynPig

Don't overdo the AD though, the nausea is unbearable, especially after two tubs of butterscotch.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 10, 2020, 01:55:10 PM
Don't overdo the AD though, the nausea is unbearable, especially after two tubs of butterscotch.

This has got me thinking maybe I should make a batch with cream.  One can only wonder what sort of monster would be created. (memo to BlodwynPig - idea for Minotaur prequel)

greenman

Quote from: MidnightShambler on September 09, 2020, 10:49:43 PM
Twinkies are a let down, Grape Soda is fucking horrible and corn dogs are minging too. Basically all that fucking Yankee rubbish.

Root beer tastes like industrial effluent.