Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK CHRISTMAS

Started by idunnosomename, September 10, 2020, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Wife's been sending me to Costco (america) every other day to see if the wine advent calendar box is out yet.
I gather it is 25 mini-bottles or something.
Probably belongs more in the "fun shit for unfunny people" thread.

Emma Raducanu

Someone asked what I'd be cooking for Christmas dinner this year. Since it'll just be the 3 of us, my daughter doesn't give a shit about food and my partner will say she's not arsed, it feels ludicrous to attempt anything remotely special. Perfect.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: DolphinFace on November 09, 2020, 05:50:05 PM
Someone asked what I'd be cooking for Christmas dinner this year.

I'm gonna order a takeaway from my local Bangladeshi outlet, let it cool down, bung it in the fridge overnight and reheat it for Christmas dinner.

And smoke myself into the carpet when the missus goes over to see her sister.

Happy days.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 09, 2020, 05:48:20 PM
Wife's been sending me to Costco (america) every other day to see if the wine advent calendar box is out yet.

I was very tempted to get a beer advent calendar. Then I just decided to brew my own Christmas pudding ale instead.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: DolphinFace on November 09, 2020, 05:50:05 PM
Someone asked what I'd be cooking for Christmas dinner this year. Since it'll just be the 3 of us, my daughter doesn't give a shit about food and my partner will say she's not arsed, it feels ludicrous to attempt anything remotely special. Perfect.
Beef Wellington is remarkably inexpensive and easy to make but tastes posh as fuck.

SpiderChrist

Brussell sprout curry mate.

idunnosomename

gonna get drunk in my bed and cum in my own mouth

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 10, 2020, 12:23:55 AM
gonna get drunk in my bed and cum in my own mouth

Will that really feel special though?

Cold Meat Platter

Replies From View

Trust me I counted three citrus fruits, which means they must all be citrus fruits in that thing, most probably lemons or limes

alright cheers.  yeah, pop them down as limes

Cuellar

Made a few sprout curries after last christmas, and it's fine, but you end up eating LOADS of sprouts, obviously, but so many more than you'd eat if they were an accompaniment to a christmas or even just roast dinner. I mean, how many would you eat as a side? 5? Sprout curry you'll eat double that, easily.

It's just not viable.

Big Mclargehuge

Currently waiting on my boss to sign off my leave for christmas, 19 days boys. 19 days. if I get the full leave im buying my weight in whisky and a pack of crazy straws and I will NOT be leaving my bean bag till the new year.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 09, 2020, 05:48:20 PM

They do gin ones that cost a fucking fortune.

Mate proposed doing a whisky tasting where he decants a load of different whisky's into miniatures and posts them to us and we taste them over Zoom. Could work.

imitationleather

Can people really not just nail an entire booze advent calendar in one go?

I don't believe they can.

Blue Jam

The booze advent calendar I was looking at was £75 for 24 beers. Some were exclusives brewed just for the calendar, but fuck it, a homebrew kit costs £20 for 40 pints.

Blue Jam

Just put up some tinsel and lights, plus a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump in a Santa hat which I got in Poundland and have put in a Stayin' Alive pose. Very pleased with it but glad it's not life-sized.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2020, 06:45:21 PM
Just put up some tinsel and lights, plus a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump in a Santa hat which I got in Poundland and have put in a Stayin' Alive pose. Very pleased with it but glad it's not life-sized.

Tacky as hell.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 14, 2020, 07:42:46 PM
Tacky as hell.

It's Christmas. "Tacky as hell" is precisely the look I'm going for.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2020, 07:48:57 PM
It's Christmas. "Tacky as hell" is precisely the look I'm going for.

Just checking... ;)

Blue Jam

You should see our tree...

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Jollity

I saw a cheese advent calendar in Sainsbury's. Debenhams had a pork scratchings one last year or the year before.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2020, 08:30:53 PM
Saw this advertised in the window of Subway today. CHRISTMAS DESO:

https://www.subway.com/en-GB/MenuNutrition/Menu/Product?ProductId=9244&MenuCategoryId=756

Kind of want but don't Subway carry turkey meat all year round anyway, would it kill them to lob some of that in there as well?

sirhenry

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2020, 08:30:53 PM
Saw this advertised in the window of Subway today. CHRISTMAS DESO:

https://www.subway.com/en-GB/MenuNutrition/Menu/Product?ProductId=9244&MenuCategoryId=756
Quote...served best in our new Tiger Bread (but don't let that stop you from choosing your favourite carrier).
Is 'carrier' really the best word to use in a pandemic? Or ever for a food product?

Blue Jam

I don't like tiger bread, it smells wrong.

Quote from: Jollity on November 15, 2020, 03:44:08 AM
I saw a cheese advent calendar in Sainsbury's. Debenhams had a pork scratchings one last year or the year before.

I was in Saino's yesterday and saw a coffee pod advent calendar. A cheese one sounds alright, didn't see that one though.

I saw those pork scratching advent calendars in John Lewis last year. 24 bags of pork scratchings. Great if all you want for Christmas is a nice bit of hypertension.

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine having pork scratchings, cheese and port on the go at the same time.