Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK CHRISTMAS

Started by idunnosomename, September 10, 2020, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Are the cabinet under the impression that Christmas is an actual magic day?

Last night on the news the advice was "absolutely no christmas parties". Sure, get three households together in the same house with loads of booze and food and music on Christmas, but please ensure it does not spill over into some sort of party scenario.

JamesTC

Whoopsy daisy. Father Christmas got Covid and died. No presents for you Timmy. EVER AGAIN

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Jollity on November 24, 2020, 11:43:48 PM
As a tiresome pedant, I feel obliged to say that it's not precisely a free for all. Not literally

So presumably the idea is that the virus will leave people alone if there aren't so many people there? Or something? I don't know.

Reducing risk. Acceptance that people will travel anyway, and we can't stop them due to massive numbers compared to other communities, so reduce the number of people in close proximity. Not as basic as "does the virus stop working on Xmas Eve?!??!"

Beagle 2

I don't really get this "people will travel anyway so what's the point trying to stop it" thing. Absolutely loads of people will follow the rules as set by the government. Most people have all the way through this.

idunnosomename

Fucking kids calling him santa because all their american tv shows. In GREAT BRITAIN we ccall him FATHER CHRISTMAS.

THOUGH I SUPPODE THR LEFTWAFFE WANT HIM TO IDENTIFY AS MOTHER CHRISTMAS NOW FOR GENDER EQUALITY. RIDICULOUS. YOU COULDNT MAKE IT UP

Bernice

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 25, 2020, 12:11:56 PM
I don't really get this "people will travel anyway so what's the point trying to stop it" thing. Absolutely loads of people will follow the rules as set by the government. Most people have all the way through this.

Yup:

Blue Jam

I wonder how many people who usually do Dry January are planning to sack it off entirely in 2021.

Not for me thanks. Nah mate. If the pubs are open it'll be LEDGEanuary.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 25, 2020, 11:45:03 AM
Are the cabinet under the impression that Christmas is an actual magic day?

Last night on the news the advice was "absolutely no christmas parties". Sure, get three households together in the same house with loads of booze and food and music on Christmas, but please ensure it does not spill over into some sort of party scenario.

Jet from Gladiators to host a low-key Christmas get together with two other households at her house. Properly policed. Must not, repeat, must not turn into a right old knees up.

JamesTC

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you don't believe in Santa.

Marner and Me

Quote from: bgmnts on November 24, 2020, 11:59:50 PM
Imagine not wanting lots of vulnerable people to die like lol
If they're vulnerable, they shouldn't be going out then should they.

frajer

Father Christmas, the ultimate capitalist. Small wonder Boris has his fucking contact details, I bet they've got a WhatsApp group where they just send each other that dollar-eyed smiley and the aubergine emoji.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Marner and Me on November 25, 2020, 01:05:36 PM
If they're vulnerable, they shouldn't be going out then should they.

Oh God, another one.

Marner and Me

I just think it is a lot of bollocks for a virus that isn't that bad, I mean if we could goto the pubs til 10, then it isn't that bad. Covid suddenly isn't going to start coming into the pubs and restaurants at 22:01.

Alot of beds and the temp wards got made and not a single one was used. 99% of people recover from it. It only really affects you if you have underlying health conditions anyway. Someone somewhere is making fat stacks out of these useless face masks, hand gel and the tests. Just scaremongering shite on social media. If it was really that bad why have China not been punished for letting it spread.

boki

Quote from: Cursus on November 25, 2020, 11:39:39 AM

Do it yourself, Bozo - you know plenty about emptying a sack, after all.

imitationleather

Monti probably is one of his kids.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 25, 2020, 12:11:56 PM
Mark Drakeford basically said "better this than a free-for-all, we can't enforce the rules anyway, nothing to do with me, la la la la" *runs off*

But even though people aren't entirely following the rules now, most people are mostly following them. It's obvious that people having little at-home gatherings today aren't suddenly going to become law-abiding over the festive period, and if you relax the rules, people are going to bend them even further. Four families, five, kids off to meet their friends, hug all your aunties...

At least if there were rules, then you could say "Sorry I can't visit, it's the law." And they could close or limit transportation and other businesses for a few days to enforce it. Now you have to tell gran "Sorry but I'm a killjoy and I don't care if you're happy to die in January if you can see me for Xmas dinner, I'm not." And they can say "Ah but we've only invited 2 other families" even though you both know it's a massive lie.

Icehaven

Who the HELL spells it Monti? Barri, Tommi, legend Gari. I'm just jealous because the little spod's handwriting is better than mine's ever been.

Sebastian Cobb

No creases in that letter, and I'm guessing it wasn't sent in an A4 envelope.

Cuellar

Monti you terrible cunt!

frajer

Monti's follow-up letter asking for a scrap of food summarily binned.

Cold Meat Platter

Grow up Monti you selfish little cunt.

Will you not apologise to Monteh?

non capisco

Quote from: non capisco on November 24, 2020, 11:34:27 PM
Currently drafting in my head the best way to tell my folks I really don't think it's a good idea if I come over for Christmas this year, despite what the rules now are. What if I come down from germy old London for one day with an asymptomatic case and end up mullering the pair of them, literally just before all the people in their age range get vaccinated in January? Cheers, government, a-fucking-gain.

Turns out they were fine about it. Momentarily forgot my dad is a pragmatic person who'd rather not, y'know, catch COVID and die right before he's up for vaccination. So this'll my first Christmas Day ever not round the folks' place. Might order a curry.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on November 25, 2020, 01:40:12 PM
I just think it is a lot of bollocks for a virus that isn't that bad, I mean if we could goto the pubs til 10, then it isn't that bad. Covid suddenly isn't going to start coming into the pubs and restaurants at 22:01.

Alot of beds and the temp wards got made and not a single one was used. 99% of people recover from it. It only really affects you if you have underlying health conditions anyway. Someone somewhere is making fat stacks out of these useless face masks, hand gel and the tests. Just scaremongering shite on social media. If it was really that bad why have China not been punished for letting it spread.

We don't allow The Sun editorials to be posted here

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on November 25, 2020, 03:27:20 PM
Who the HELL spells it Monti? Barri, Tommi, legend Gari. I'm just jealous because the little spod's handwriting is better than mine's ever been.

I think I detest Monti more than Tom Moore at the moment. He's just been offered a job in my team at the Civil Service too, prick.

BlodwynPig

Actually knowing now how No 10 comms work, I can pretty much guarantee that Monti doesn't exist.

Cuellar

Monti does exist. You are Monti.

jobotic

Quote from: Marner and Me on November 25, 2020, 01:40:12 PM

Fucking Ada.

If it's that bad why did they tell us to eat out? They wouldn't give us bad advice would they?

frajer

The Full-of-shit Monti.