Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK CHRISTMAS

Started by idunnosomename, September 10, 2020, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 25, 2020, 06:40:16 PM
Actually knowing now how No 10 comms work, I can pretty much guarantee that Monti doesn't exist.

And that they'd name a fictional child created for PR Monti says more about them than almost anything else.

BlodwynPig

ALL TOGETHER, GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS

"KILL MONTI, KILL MONTI, KILL MONTI"

idunnosomename

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 25, 2020, 06:40:16 PM
Actually knowing now how No 10 comms work, I can pretty much guarantee that Monti doesn't exist.
Incredible.

Cold Meat Platter

Bernice

Quote from: Marner and Me on November 25, 2020, 01:40:12 PM
I just think it is a lot of bollocks for a virus that isn't that bad, I mean if we could goto the pubs til 10, then it isn't that bad. Covid suddenly isn't going to start coming into the pubs and restaurants at 22:01.

The point of allowing pubs to open for a limited time is a trade-off between restriction/economic interest and public health. To a degree such a trade-off is always going to be arbitrary. Many would argue that allowing pubs to be open at all is unwise. Nobody would suggest that the logic is that the virus lies dormant during opening hours.

QuoteA lot of beds and the temp wards got made and not a single one was used.

Because lockdown 1 managed to avert the worst case scenario.

Quote99% of people recover from it. It only really affects you if you have underlying health conditions anyway.
Sure, fuck the vulnerable, overwhelm the NHS, allow tens/hundreds of thousands of deaths. After all, the likelihood is that I wont day of it so who gives a shit.

QuoteSomeone somewhere is making fat stacks out of these useless face masks, hand gel and the tests. Just scaremongering shite on social media.
Someone somewhere is always making fat stacks. Generally the same type of people in most places and most circumstances. Meanwhile, lockdown has fucked the economy.

QuoteIf it was really that bad why have China not been punished for letting it spread.
I'll suggest they get put on the naughty step at the next UN meeting

Dr Trouser

In Glasgow it's pronounced 'Monti Fuck' and is an encouragement for one to 'come on'

Blue Jam

Official govingment advice: Avoid board games this Christmas:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55107473

This advice should apply to every Christmas tbf.

chveik

yeah getting tediously drunk is such a better activity

Blue Jam

I never understood the appeal of board game cafes. Surely you'd need something stronger than tea of coffee to make board games tolerable?

I'd rather stay sober and do fuck-all than get drunk and play Monopoly tbh.

beanheadmcginty

Special edition Cluedo where all the murder weapons are covid.

Icehaven

Quote from: chveik on November 27, 2020, 10:03:02 PM
yeah getting tediously drunk is such a better activity

Amen.

George Oscar Bluth II

I think this time next year the Xmas rule relaxation will look absolutely fucking bananas. We're so fucking close to the end of this shit lads.

Bence Fekete

Aren't you technically allowed to shoot someone trying to hand deliver christmas cards this year as an existential threat?

imitationleather

Quote from: Bence Fekete on December 13, 2020, 01:07:53 AM
Aren't you technically allowed to shoot someone trying to hand deliver christmas cards this year as an existential threat?

Thought I'd gone into the Cyberpunk 2077 thread by mistake for a second there.

Blinder Data

got a bit teary watching a Gavin and Stacey Christmas special yesterday and being reminded what normal Christmas is like - everyone arriving one by one and laughing and singing together in big groups. desolation.

still, would much rather people didn't go fucking mental this Christmas if it meant we don't see a huge spike in January, which seems inevitable now.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 13, 2020, 02:26:54 PM
got a bit teary watching a Gavin and Stacey Christmas special yesterday and being reminded what normal Christmas is like

If normal Christmas involves James Fucking Corden in any respect then I hope my last Christmas is spent gasping for breath hoping the Dog eats my corpse before the rats do.

George Oscar Bluth II

Spoke to two friends yesterday, both had been guilt tripped into promising their parents (late 60s) they'd come for Christmas, both were hoping for London to be put into tier 3 this week so they'd have the excuse not to go. Feel like the govt telling us all off and telling us not to go home would save a lot of horror in January and February!

Alberon

Doesn't it not matter what tier you in, we all get a five day break to spread the virus Christmas cheer?

buttgammon

Unsurprisingly, the medical journals don't agree with the unbelievably stupid plan to give the virus a five-day headstart over Christmas. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/british-medical-journal-health-service-journal-christmas-bubble_uk_5fd880f8c5b6218b42ebf965

I haven't seen my family all year and I'm not going home for Christmas; admittedly, I would be breaking the rules as non-essential travel outside the country is still not allowed here, but this would be a lot easier if there weren't politicians in both countries giving people the green light to do whatever they want because it's holiday.

Open the blackout blinds and chuck your gas masks in the fire - it's Christmas!

George Oscar Bluth II

Does feel like the tide is turning against the Xmas relaxation doesn't it.

Beagle 2

My olds are really cautious about it and the other half of the family are overseas, so we're clear. My dad did turn up to fling some presents at me yesterday virtually in a hazmat suit, bless him.

frajer

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 15, 2020, 12:30:54 PM
Does feel like the tide is turning against the Xmas relaxation doesn't it.

It's just so fucking bonkers whatever angle you look at it from. I think that's the key to the tide turning, there's just not even a scrap of logic to support it. "We know this will cause an increase in cases and deaths but, come on, it's Crimbles."

Even faithful Number 10 lapdog Auntie Beeb is biting the hand that's trying to feed it turkey.

Droplets falling,
All around me,
Grandma's coughing,
Up a lung

It's the season, for pandemic mishandling
Merry Christmas everyone! ♫

Blinder Data

baby's due date is this Sunday. in-laws due to arrive three days later from disease-ridden west London. might ask them to self-isolate as much as possible beforehand? it will be enormously difficult to ask them not to come at all when it's their first grandchild.

if they can't come up, it'll probably just be us two for Christmas Day - or three, at a push (LOL)

unfortunately, the rules seem to go out the window when it comes to new babies and family wanting to come see

poo

please I beg you Boris, please, please, please lock me in for Christmas.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 15, 2020, 01:14:35 PM
baby's due date is this Sunday. in-laws due to arrive three days later from disease-ridden west London. might ask them to self-isolate as much as possible beforehand? it will be enormously difficult to ask them not to come at all when it's their first grandchild.

if they can't come up, it'll probably just be us two for Christmas Day - or three, at a push (LOL)

unfortunately, the rules seem to go out the window when it comes to new babies and family wanting to come see

I mean this is the reason that people who can visit people for a bog standard Christmas lunch shouldn't, so it's safer for more important stuff like this to happen.

Blinder Data

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 15, 2020, 01:59:42 PM
I mean this is the reason that people who can visit people for a bog standard Christmas lunch shouldn't, so it's safer for more important stuff like this to happen.

Thank you.

Did you hear that everyone? You simply MUST have a lonely Christmas so that my oblivious newborn gets cooed over by boomers. Dem's the rules.

GMTV

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 15, 2020, 02:06:34 PM
Thank you.

Did you hear that everyone? You simply MUST have a lonely Christmas so that my oblivious newborn gets cooed over by boomers. Dem's the rules.

Hoopy hound toy and baby grow with larsson on the back nestling safely under the tree as we speak

Sebastian Cobb

Just declined the invitation for a Zoom christmas works do with quizzes and stuff.