Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK CHRISTMAS

Started by idunnosomename, September 10, 2020, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

BoJo's own rules will make it impossible for him to spend Christmas with all of his kids. How convenient.

Dr Rock

New Year's Eve's gonna be buggered too, yay!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 13, 2020, 02:05:03 PM
BoJo's own rules will make it impossible for him to spend Christmas with all of his kids. How convenient.

lol

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 13, 2020, 02:15:14 PM

No Hogmanay Street party in Embra, and no Airbnb twats in my building, yay!

Now we just need to cancel the shit Christmas market:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/disaster-waiting-happen-readers-react-plans-edinburgh-christmas-market-2020-2966756

Sebastian Cobb

haha, people in edinburgh might be able to celebrate it without being allocated a ticket to something happening in their own street.

Blue Jam

If we're lucky Edinburgh will stop being the UK's biggest theme park and revert to being an actual livable city.

BlodwynPig

Back to paganism on desolate hillsides

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 13, 2020, 02:47:24 PM
If we're lucky Edinburgh will stop being the UK's biggest theme park and revert to being an actual livable city.

For 11 months of the year.

Zetetic

Claimant count probably reaching towards mid-'80s levels if that's what you're hoping for.

Rizla

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 13, 2020, 02:49:11 PM
Back to paganism on desolate hillsides
Ahh the old ways. Daubing yourself up with white face paint, doing your nut to the sativa drummers on a heroic dose of the shrooms, then all back to the walk inn for the 6am disco. I miss the 90s sometimes

Blue Jam

I'm guessing the Torchlight Parade won't be happening, and that's something I actually will miss. Standing on the Royal Mile, watching the big hairy Shetland Vikings bellowing, followed by pipers and drummers with fairy lights wrapped round their pipes and drums, and thousands of twinkling lights stretching all the way to Calton Hill. Then a pint in a nice warm pub. It always feels a bit magical.

Dex Sawash

I gave you the 'vid
The very next day
you were put on ventilator.

JamesTC

Oh I wish I could get Covid every day
When the cough is sputtering and your smell has gone away

idunnosomename

COVID

COVID

COVID

Another Lockdown for our Christmas
With no Brexit deal to come
All the paedos have broken free
You'll never guess what you've got from me

(the Coronavirus!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

poo

No Christmas? Thank you coronovirs!

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 13, 2020, 02:15:14 PM
I spent New Year's Eve last year in a field with 3 other people, so I should be set. (We weren't camping, we'd just taken fizz to the park to watch very distant fireworks because we couldn't find anywhere decent to go.)

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 21, 2020, 12:42:18 PM
I spent New Year's Eve last year in a field with 3 other people, so I should be set. (We weren't camping, we'd just taken fizz to the park to watch very distant fireworks because we couldn't find anywhere decent to go.)

Spelt "wiz" wrong love. glad you had a ripping good time though.

BlodwynPig

In the bleak midwinter...

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Also apart from the Welsh cheese stall and the German hot chocolate stall the markets are SHITE.

Anyway, Merry Digital Christmas, Scotland!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54643340

bgmnts

I know i'm depressed to the point of toxicity but I'm looking forward to low key christmas. Watch my christmas films, listen to my christmas songs, get tips, eat a big roast yum!

kittens

if we are in total lockdown it might just be the best christmas ever. house to myself, don't gotta go nowhere, pissed by 10am. christ i miss lockdown.

Attila

Quote from: kittens on October 22, 2020, 03:26:41 PM
if we are in total lockdown it might just be the best christmas ever. house to myself, don't gotta go nowhere, pissed by 10am. christ i miss lockdown.

My ideal Christmas -- on the 24th, as it's meant to be (in the evening), cosied up, enjoying the silence, maybe taking a walk. Presents in the evening. Maybe some film or something I've seen a million times but I like, so fuckit. Then going to bed knowing you can sleep in the next day and just faff around.

To me, Christmas Day is just the recovery day -- you have something in the oven that's ready by midday, and just gnaw on it most of the day. I'm not into traditional roasts/turkey; I like to make a really thick, cheesy lasagne from scratch.

One of these years I'll get to do it again, but in the meantime, Mr Attila works up until late on Christmas Eve, and wants to mess about all day long on Christmas cooking a roast. Dude. Just once, give me my version of Christmas.

But yeah, totally not into the big, loud social gathering; nix on family stuff, and especially nix on having to get up early to drive for ages on congested roads to be a guest at someone else's Christmas stuff.

Leave me keep Christmas in my own way, and I'll let everyone else keep in in theirs.

Oh yeah -- and deffo cake and/or chocolate for breakfast on the 25th. It's fucking Christmas Day, why not.

[Shivers in excitement that the kick-off day for the best part of the year comes this Saturday, when the clocks go back...mmmm darkness.]

George Oscar Bluth II

I don't get this Christmas hysteria. Surely no-one actually fucking likes spending an entire week of the year traversing the country seeing relatives. It's awful and an excuse not to do it would be great.

ASFTSN

It's more the having to explain what is going to happen and why to relatives that's filling me with dread.

"Surely it won't matter if it's just us breaking the rules."

shagatha crustie

There's a part of me that would like the novelty of solo Christmas in my flat. Get a nut roast in the oven, morning prosecco toast to myself, have a little walk and say Merry Christmas to people in the street, call my parents, films and tunes in the eve. However visiting my family acts as a good 'mental reset' between one year and the next - not sure how my brain will respond to an unbroken winter.

Hand Solo

Yeah fuck it, the world's gone to shit, put cyanide in the Christmas pud and spare the wife and kids any more of this horror. Take your boxing day shit posthumously. Less gobble, gobble, more Goebbels, Goebbels.

Camp Tramp

I might be spending my first Xmas away from family if I can't travel to my parents for Xmas.

Cornflakes in Baileys is supposed to be a nice breakfast treat.