Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK CHRISTMAS

Started by idunnosomename, September 10, 2020, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on December 19, 2020, 06:59:37 PM
If you aren't familiar with them, be warned with those bastard cards. Spend it ASAP. Even though they have an expiry date on the front for three years away, the small print states that if you don't use it within 18 months of purchase, they start charging you an "admin fee" of something like £8 a month until it's empty.

I'd saved up a few of them so I could buy something decent closer to expiry, only to find out that I'd basically flushed £60 away. Cunts.

canadagoose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 19, 2020, 06:35:56 PM
Posted in the Jockdown thread, but my old man just rang me saying Sturgeon has tightened the borders.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/scotland-travel-ban-lockdown-nicola-sturgeon-b1776619.html

The plan was they were going to drive up tomorrow to a cottage in Moffatt (low-tier to low-tier) and pick me up nearer the time. TBH the idea of this made me a little uncomfortable but they were being cautious.

The information is being dripped out - so they don't really know what to do, and sort of said 'will you see us if we come up?' and I think my stance on that is is 'yes I will if you choose to' but I'm not sure they should.

I'm starting to feel I might have to get assertive though; they're the ones pushing for it but I'm not the cunt hovering around 70.
Sounds a bit risky / illegal. Is there a chance you could meet on Christmas Day instead, so it's legal? Having said that, I don't know if the border will be open, so...

Bently Sheds

Quote from: jobotic on December 19, 2020, 03:05:11 PM
This is quite scary - Johnson will be well aware that this makes him look like a cunt and even his most fawning fans won't be amused.

So how bad must this new strain be?
According to this Twitter thread by Professor of Computational Biology at University College London, Francois Balloux it's no different to the existing bunch of strains - of which there are many. This suggests the "new strain" excuse trotted out by the Tories is just deflecting attention from their woeful handling of the whole Christmas thing.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on December 19, 2020, 07:12:38 PM
Sounds a bit risky / illegal. Is there a chance you could meet on Christmas Day instead, so it's legal? Having said that, I don't know if the border will be open, so...

They seemed to be trying to probe legal loopholes, but I couldn't really give a shit about the legality of it to be honest. I was quite blunt and said they seemed to be concerned with legality rather than safety.

My Dad's 70 and my Mum is only a couple of years behind. I don't want them to die, they could just sit the fuck down for a year instead of risking it being their last.

Zetetic

Bence Fekete

Full festive flounce today.

Local Sainsbury's had a flyer girl in the lobby, handing out and going right up to people. Scant to nil regard for virus protocol. uh oh! Complained to manager, he basically said they've been told to do it so I could jolly well bugger off if I didn't like it.

Sadface :(

So I came home and phoned up Sains customer service (fucking hate complaining - even though I've already done it twice in this post already), explain to reassuring Scottish bloke nought to do with staff personally but what the fuck, and then he succinctly repeats it all back to me in full ironic Gaelic tones: 'So your complaint is... that there was a member of staff handing out promotional flyers...in the middle of a global pandemic?'

'That's right'

'Right nae worries mate is there anything else?' 

Zetetic

(Blodwyn's name and address in a special ENEMIES OF XMAS pull-out.)

Dog Botherer

been ages since i read one of those rags. has the quality of writing always been 15y/o's third draft of an Avengers fan fiction or has it gotten notably worse in recent years?

Zetetic

"a vocal minority which believes that, in the style of Corporal Jones from Dad's Army, we should be panicking much more frequently" is unapproachable. An actual cognitive hazard.

poo

Bye Christmas mate!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jobotic

Lovely photo of GLEN OWEN there.

Blinder Data

in-laws' visit for Christmas and possibly meet first grandchild is cancelled. we'll hopefully spend some of Christmas Day at my dad's nearby. baby will arrive when baby is ready and maybe in-laws can meet him/her in January?

it is fucking shit, this. cancelling Christmas the Saturday before. absolute clowns

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 19, 2020, 07:03:38 PM
Fucking hell that's an impressive bastardry.

I did contract work for a cunt who actually held a patent for his specific brand of utter cuntery. This was tail end of my finance career before I told them to shove it up their hoop. I won't say who/what it was because I'd be pretty easily searchable, but suffice to say it was the most morally bankrupt thing I'd ever heard of.

It is orders of magnitude worse than that, is all I'll say.

Cuellar

Blue Jam

Not only have we not had a single James Brown-tier celebrity death this Christmas, but THE GÄVLE GOAT STILL LIVES:

https://youtu.be/NtLJHv5RE_s

This is the worst Christmas EVER.

idunnosomename

its twitter account is fun. i wonder what policy they have in place if it goes up?

https://twitter.com/Gavlebocken

I also like singing Gävle Goat to the tune of Agadoo.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 26, 2020, 11:28:06 PM
I also like singing Gävle Goat to the tune of Agadoo.
Gävle Goat, grab your matches join in too
Gävle Goat, flush the ashes down the loo
[subtitles]Come on everybody do the Pineapple![/subtitles]

Head Gardener

non capisco

Close family friend (my mum's best mate since they were teenagers) with a long history of health problems but who always seemed indestructible and indomitable died of covid on Boxing Day. Can't even go down and give my mum a hug and she can't really use the phone too well any more with the ol' dementia. Ahhh man, this all sucks. So, yeah, fuck Christmas this year. Total write off. Also know a load of people my age who've tested positive over the last few days, seems these new strains really aren't fucking about. Stay as safe as you can, everyone. For what it's worth I still think this winter is the final hurdle, as grim as it's got again.

poo

Just heard guy I played cricket with died of Covid (not with - of) on Christmas Day. 55.

MrMrs

sorry to hear that, to both

idunnosomename

Paul Embery and Poolia Fartly Pooer say pah they were old and useless anyway. hooray for shitty fascist plague island