Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Emma Peel

Started by Tony Tony Tony, September 10, 2020, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Diana Rigg has passed away at the age of 82.

RIP Emma Peel

And of course the two things everyone knows (or should) about Diana Rigg;
1. The name Emma Peel was chosen because she had 'Man Appeal'
2. Her daughter is the equally talented Rachel Stirling and Diana played her Mother in Detectorists. 

Gulftastic

Damn shame. Fine actress and fitter than fuck in her day.

Neomod

Tracy Bond Noooooooooooo!

Indeed a superb actress right up until the end. My favourite Bond girl and in those 80's channel 4 Avengers repeats. Yum.

Off to join Steed in the hereafter's penthouse in the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbTVffUQdA

R.I.P. My dear.

El Unicornio, mang

Might seem a bit inappropriate for an RIP thread, but it's how I'd want to be remembered

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 10, 2020, 02:48:55 PM
Might seem a bit inappropriate for an RIP thread, but it's how I'd want to be remembered

Oh you will, you surely will

purlieu

Ah fucking hell. Same year as Honour Blackman, too. Terribly sad. Fantastic actress and all-round brilliant person. RIP.

Blumf

Quote from: purlieu on September 10, 2020, 02:54:41 PM
Ah fucking hell. Same year as Honour Blackman, too.

Linda Thorson must be worried.

Cerys

Diana RIPP.  She had a seriously fantastic elderly woman face, didn't she?  Once she was an elderly woman, that is.  Not before.  That would be silly.  Unless it was a different elderly woman's face and she kept it in a jar.

hamfist

pigamus

Gulftastic

She had legs. She knew how to use them.

Gulftastic

And here's Dame Emma in the SouthStand at Headingley.

shiftwork2

A good egg, a great actress and frickin' beautiful.

RIP.

ollyboro

I knocked one out thinking about her just the other day. I'm off to have a wank about Boris Johnson, you never know. RIP.

El Unicornio, mang

"Heartfelt tributes have been pouring in."

Quote from: ollyboro on September 10, 2020, 04:52:47 PM
I knocked one out thinking about her just the other day.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 10, 2020, 04:03:22 PM

She had legs. She knew how to use them.

Yes but clearly has no fucking clue how to use a chair. I'm glad she's dead if she went around putting her dirty shoes on seats.

Gulftastic

They've all got dirty shoes by the time etc...etc...

bgmnts

Sin Agog

Blumf

Gulftastic

'Och, she's deed, Steed.'

petercussing

Tony Way said she called him a cunt for beating her at chess on the GOT set when i was at the I was there too recording in Londons which is great

El Unicornio, mang

I didn't even recognise her in GoT, probably due to the 50 year gap between it and the last thing I remembered seeing her in. Although she was also in one of my faves, Evil Under the Sun.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: petercussing on September 10, 2020, 05:58:32 PM
Tony Way said she called him a cunt for beating her at chess on the GOT set when i was at the I was there too recording in Londons which is great

With the way she seemed to love swearing in GoT (seriously look at the relish on her face) I believe it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Attila

Quote from: Neomod on September 10, 2020, 02:45:18 PM
Tracy Bond Noooooooooooo!

Indeed a superb actress right up until the end. My favourite Bond girl and in those 80's channel 4 Avengers repeats. Yum.

Off to join Steed in the hereafter's penthouse in the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbTVffUQdA

R.I.P. My dear.

I've always loved the look of adoration whatsisfuss gives her in that opening sequence, as she's straighting the flower in his lapel.

buttgammon

I watched The Avengers when I was about 14 and I think she destroyed part of my brain.

seepage

Off topic, but I thought Tony Way played the builder in the Architects' Fish & Chips episode of Posh Nosh, but apparently it was someone called Stephen Powell.

Blumf

It was Backgammon:

https://twitter.com/tonypaulway/status/1304053613958963203