Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Never Mind The Buzzcocks Returning On Sky

Started by Malcy, September 10, 2020, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: mjwilson on September 20, 2020, 12:21:19 PM
Wait what? If a marriage is a publicity stunt aren't both parties supposed to know?

Seems her comments were a bit different from what I remembered. And at the time, I didn't know the marriage had an "exclusive £300,000 deal each with OK! magazine", which might have made me a bit more cynical. Still, it doesn't seem be was very nice.

g0m

Quote from: mjwilson on September 20, 2020, 12:21:19 PM
Wait what? If a marriage is a publicity stunt aren't both parties supposed to know?

dissolute ocelot

If it does return, will they take 2 minutes at the start of the first episode to explain what the title means to all the viewers under 50 who're unfamiliar with The Buzzcocks and the Sex Pistols? Or update it to a Billie Eilish reference?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 22, 2020, 09:46:31 PM
The Daphne & Celeste episode!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7odaec

Good episode, that. Mark Lamarr seems genuinely won over by the likeable D & C.

Sebastian Cobb

Hang on, is this 'kes' chat jupitus is coming out with before or after Craig David became a Bo Selecta staple?

non capisco

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 24, 2020, 12:17:16 AM
Hang on, is this 'kes' chat jupitus is coming out with before or after Craig David became a Bo Selecta staple?

The Bo Selecta 'Kes' thing is more or less nicked from Shooting Stars anyway

Malcy

Officially confirmed today with Greg Davies hosting and Noel Fielding & Daisy May Cooper as captains with Jamali Maddix as a regular panellist but not sure who that is.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6451/greg-davies-hosts-never-mind-the-buzzcocks/

DrGreggles

Quote from: Malcy on July 14, 2021, 04:37:15 PM
Officially confirmed today with Greg Davies hosting

Thought that said Gary for a moment.

up_the_hampipe

Phill Jupitus has finally been vanquished!

thr0b

I would be on board with that if Noel Fucking Fielding wasn't involved. He stunk it up for years and it got axed.

imitationleather

Noel Fielding and Greg Davies must be about thirty years older than Lamarr and co. were when the show originally launched.

lankyguy95

Quote from: imitationleather on July 14, 2021, 05:00:42 PM
Noel Fielding and Greg Davies must be about thirty years older than Lamarr and co. were when the show originally launched.
Wikipedia tells me Fielding's 48 and Davies is 53.

Lamarr was 29, Jupitus 34, Hughes 31 when the first episode was broadcast.

Spiteface

Quote from: Malcy on July 14, 2021, 04:37:15 PM
Officially confirmed today with Greg Davies hosting and Noel Fielding & Daisy May Cooper as captains with Jamali Maddix as a regular panellist but not sure who that is.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6451/greg-davies-hosts-never-mind-the-buzzcocks/

He was on a recent series of Taskmaster, but that's all I've really seen of him.

BeardFaceMan

Davies is in that small group of people where I would watch anything they're in. Or so I thought, this sounds awful.

Utter Shit

No idea on their music expertise, but Greg Davies and Daisy May Cooper pretty much guarantee that this will be funny, despite the presumably myriad limitations of the format and my own interest in current music.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 14, 2021, 05:56:50 PM
No idea on their music expertise, but Greg Davies and Daisy May Cooper pretty much guarantee that it will be funny.

It might be, but it won't be Buzzcocks, will it? Just another panel show. It needs a host that's genuinely broken inside.

Utter Shit

Does it need to be exactly like the old version? A music panel show should be pretty much an open goal for comedy given how silly much of the industry is, so getting away from the walls of the old format might be a good thing.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 14, 2021, 06:00:23 PM
Does it need to be exactly like the old version? A music panel show should be pretty much an open goal for comedy given how silly much of the industry is, so getting away from the walls of the old format might be a good thing.

It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but it needs the same attitude. Otherwise it's just another panel show with all the same comics having friendly bants. We've got enough of 'em!

Small Man Big Horse

The 45 minute running time fucks me off, panel shows by law should be 30 minutes and under (discounting Taskmaster, which I don't really think falls in to the category anyhow, though, um, I don't know what category it should be under).

Pink Gregory

Jamali Maddix is a thoughtful and entertaining interviewee and I've not seen a lot ofnhis actual standup.  Not sure how he'd be suited to a panel show.

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 14, 2021, 04:38:02 PM
Thought that said Gary for a moment.

Gary Davies was on the radio at the weekend, standing in for Rylan after Pick Of The Pops,

He discovered Radiohead you know. And he's also very small.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jockice on July 14, 2021, 08:49:23 PM
Gary Davies was on the radio at the weekend, standing in for Rylan after Pick Of The Pops,

He discovered Radiohead you know. And he's also very small.

"He's definitely a twat, but he's not a cunt."

jobotic

What music will they be quizzing about? Tik tok mumblecore instagram autotune rappers of which they, like me, know bugger all about?

Or old Suede albums?

Hat FM

Greg Davies and Daisy Cooper strike me as two people who know nothing about music post the late 90's. is this going to be the sthick for the whole series? just them being clueless.

the science eel

Daisy Cooper's a fucking pain in the arse

Captain Z

None of them strike me as music-y, and all of them strike me as ye olde Taskmaster bunch that get recycled across every Dave-style panel show.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Hat FM on July 15, 2021, 11:18:24 AM
Greg Davies and Daisy Cooper strike me as two people who know nothing about music post the late 90's. is this going to be the sthick for the whole series? just them being clueless.

It's going to be an endless parade of 'Greg introduces a clip of a band, a young person on the panel asks Greg who they are, Greg looks humorously clueless' moments, isn't it?

Quote from: the science eel on July 15, 2021, 11:41:31 AM
Daisy Cooper's a fucking pain in the arse

Phew, glad it's not just me. People were losing their fucking minds when she said a list of swear words on Taskmaster, I don't really get her at all.

petril

Quote from: jobotic on July 15, 2021, 09:49:23 AM
What music will they be quizzing about? Tik tok mumblecore instagram autotune rappers of which they, like me, know bugger all about?

Or old Suede albums?

probably talking about how they've not heard of it because they were busy making a hole in the wall with their fist

with none of the aggression of Lamarr so the gag fails