Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Never Mind The Buzzcocks Returning On Sky

Started by Malcy, September 10, 2020, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Hence my edit. Imagine thinking that writing toss for the Guardian is a less worthy job then shelf stacker. I guess shelf stacker is bad because the lower orders do it.

Pauline Walnuts

I'm a bit conflickted, that line up line section was 'orrible bulling, really low level nasty stuff, on the other hand it's Guardian Bingo I don't know what to think any more.

Echo Valley 2-6809

It's not just that Squire was famous and recognisable to a lot of viewers and probably Jupitus at least (maybe Scheissenschreiber was imagining Rick Wakeman on the panel at the time too, I've no idea), but that he was still in Yes, touring and recording albums throughout NMTB's 19-year run. Well, except for the last few months in 2015 when he was dying of cancer. Another lazy Guardian hack.

Pauline Walnuts

Tales from Topographic Oceans being shorthand for overblown overlong pretentiousness by lazy writers, who probably haven't heard it, since about 1978.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 22, 2021, 05:17:30 PM
Tales from Topographic Oceans being shorthand for overblown overlong pretentiousness by lazy writers, who probably haven't heard it, since about 1978.
That album, the miners and rubbish piled up in the streets inspired Johnny Rotten to form a band, and the rest is history.

jamiefairlie

I hated it when the miners were piled up in the streets.

Pauline Walnuts

I saw that slightly smug Old Grey Whistle Test documentary that was repeated on BBC 4 last week, Guess who's gold lamé cape was on screen when they said the word 'Pompous'?

Or was it 'pretentious'?

derek stitt

Got about two minutes into the actual quiz and then said this can fuck off. A fair assessment.

Pauline Walnuts

This is terrible. Already had a good sneer at Elton John, which is fair enough, but not when the joke is old people fall over.

And that's the best joke so far.

dissolute ocelot

Came in drunk, turned it on. In 5 minutes Ellie Goulding has told an anecdote about nearly shitting herself, and Yungblud has whittered on for ages about how great his fans are while people mock him for no particular reason. Every 5 minutes there's a question, so far about Rod Stewart or Iggy Pop. Half of the songs on the intros round are from the early 80s. It is very much the exact same as the original show, just 20 years later, so well done guys!

Mike Wozniak is listed as one of the writers in the credits.

Watched the first episode. Not as bad as I expected, but the host is completely the wrong fit and there was far too much canned applause.

I didn't watch it post-Amstell, but what ever happened to roasting the guests?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: thecuriousorange on October 02, 2021, 11:12:28 PM
I didn't watch it post-Amstell, but what ever happened to roasting the guests?

The show's reputation made it more difficult to book guests, and the regulars (Phill and Noel) started to find it uncomfortable.

Malcy

Watched the first one and thought it was alright. Couple of laughs but found it a bit cringey at times and the guests were a bit annoying and seemed to find everything 10x funnier than it was.

Didn't even make it past the guest introductions on episode 2. Fuck that.

beanheadmcginty

I still fondly remember Bob Mortimer's appearance in the first ever series of this during a round where he had to describe a pop star without naming them and he went with "big pink spotty rubber twat".

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 04, 2021, 05:13:29 PM
I still fondly remember Bob Mortimer's appearance in the first ever series of this during a round where he had to describe a pop star without naming them and he went with "big pink spotty rubber twat".

I remember that well. He gets a lot of credit for the WILTY? appearance but he's always been great value on these types of show (or any show, really)

That particular round was something like Bob had to describe song titles without using any of the words in it. One which sticks in my head other than that Mr Blobby one was: "I desire a honey producing unit, I believe there is a striped insect ideal for these purposes", which of course was "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls

MisforMan

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 26, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
Anyone know what Mark Lamarr's up to these days?

I don't know if he's still doing comedy writing.  He's active on Twitter, and a lot of his old radio shows are being uploaded to Mixcloud and good thing too as they were easily some of the best stuff on the radio.   https://twitter.com/lamarr_mark

As for him on NMTBC he was my preferred presenter even if his obvious dislike of some panelists become bullying and uncomfortable viewing.  Down to him, no question, but you've got to wonder how much of that was, if not directed then at least encouraged by the producers as that was common in a lot of the presenting. 

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 04, 2021, 05:13:29 PM

"I wish to procure one of your honey-producing units!" is the one I'll always remember.

sutin

Lammar was the only NMTB presenter I liked. Couldn't stand his little weasely replacement, and as fantastic as Greg Davies is, he's a bad fit.

SteveDave

Quote from: sutin on October 05, 2021, 12:14:02 PM
Lammar was the only NMTB presenter I liked. Couldn't stand his little weasely replacement, and as fantastic as Greg Davies is, he's a bad fit.

Without Simon Amstell we wouldn't have had one of the best NMTB moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8&t=4s

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: SteveDave on October 08, 2021, 12:03:15 PM
Without Simon Amstell we wouldn't have had one of the best NMTB moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8&t=4s

J B 8 years ago
I love that Simon managed to genuinely shock someone like Noel Fielding. Rare.

Ah, yes. The notably hardcore Noel Fielding.

The Lurker

Just watched an episode, Daisy May Cooper has a ridiculously annoying laugh.

imitationleather

It's okay because it's probably not her real laugh.

jobotic

Just watched 5 minutes as I saw Mike Wozniak was on it. He didn't speak once.

Malcy

The guests have put me off each episode so I've gone back to series 1 and started watching from the beginning.

Daisy may cooper is an annoying cunt. Her fake laugh is fuckin murder