Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'A Pair of Jeans Is A Pair Of Jeans. 15 Quid.'

Started by Dr Rock, September 10, 2020, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: icehaven on September 10, 2020, 11:53:37 PM
Don't get me started on what pants are.

They're fanny packs matey and they smell of Laurence Fox after he's been left in the machine by accident.

A pair of jeans is a pair of jeans, but sometimes it isn't a pair of jeans. Now let me explain that statement before you go all mental and die

A pair of jeans is a pair of jeans, yeah true. But a pair of jeans that maybe your grandad wears isn't a pair of jeans you wear. Because you wouldn't wear a pair of jeans your grandad wears because they look shite. So actually. A pair of jeans isn't a pair of jeans. But it is. But it isn't. It's a different pair of jeans.

You can't wear the same pair of jeans at the same time. Unless you are very very small and your grandad is very very small as well. Or if he is dead and made of ash and you put all the ash down the jeans and it's all covered in dead grandad ash. But when does it become more ash than jeans. Probably becomes useless as jeans almost immediately, but the more dead grandad ash you have on it the more it becomes a dead grandad's ashes. A pair of jeans that is much more dead grandad ashes than jeans.

hope that's cleared things up for you guys

Ferris

thenoise

I remember an article in FHM in the 90s (yeah, well,my brother used to buy it) where they tested different brands of Jean's by pulling them apart similar to in the Levi's logo. I do remember that Diesel won (a pricey brand, although not the priciest). Levi's didnt do that well at all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

paruses

Quote from: icehaven on September 10, 2020, 11:53:37 PM
Don't get me started on what pants are.

As a Birmingham resident do you hear people call trousers pants without them being the kind who would also grab a drink from the cooler? Even my ex-father in-law in his 80s would say pants and he hated anything foreign (even second generation).

The Mollusk

Do you say The Beatles is a shit band or The Beatles are a shit band?

Dr Rock

Sebastian Cobb

The worst jeans I have had are Carhartt, I managed to get a tear at the back pocket simply by hanging them on a peg when I was getting changed at work. After getting that darned, I later ripped one of the belt loops when trying to pull my trousers up a bit.

I tend to get levi's just because they don't fade much and last a while. I prefer button fly as the zips tend to wear out and open by themselves while the trousers still have life in them, but even then it's about 8 quid to get it replaced by a seamstress.

Dr Rock

The Mollusk

I'll let you off for now because my life is too damn busy.

How about parking meters? Is it "Yes I know what a parking meters are" or "Yes I know what parking meters is"?

Marner and Me

Diesel jeans, in black. Don't like Levis as they wear at the crotch. Can't wear blue ones now either.

Ferris

Since we're on it - Levi's 511 black corduroy.

Same trousers since I was 15, still form part of the Ferris uniform. Once every few years they get worn out at which point they become cutoff shorts for pottering around until they completely disintegrate and I buy 2 more pairs. It's a good system.

See also: white low top converse sneakers (summer), chisel tip blundstone boots (winter), tshirts for bands I like and/or breweries.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought some black Levi courdrouys by mistake. Only wanted black jeans for work but couldn't be arsed sending them back. 511 is what I usually get in denim though.

I think my trainer of choice, after a few repeat buys are now Gazelles.

boki

Captain Z

You'd think it wasn't too much to ask for a pair of jeans that aren't a) slim/skinny, or b) full of holes, but the shops I go in seem to disagree.

I actually don't mind the look of jeans with a few fashionable rips, but I've reached the stage where I'd rather just buy an intact pair that last multiple years than a fashionable pair that become unwearable within two.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Captain Z on September 11, 2020, 04:06:45 PM
You'd think it wasn't too much to ask for a pair of jeans that aren't a) slim/skinny, or b) full of holes, but the shops I go in seem to disagree.

I actually don't mind the look of jeans with a few fashionable rips, but I've reached the stage where I'd rather just buy an intact pair that last multiple years than a fashionable pair that become unwearable within two.

Are there brands that offer exactly the same jean(s) in ripped and unripped options?  And, if so, is one more expensive than the other? (presumably the ripped would be more expensive as it would need an extra stage in the process, or Chinese/Indian orphans hacking at them with blunt knives)

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2020, 03:20:05 PM
I bought some black Levi courdrouys by mistake. Only wanted black jeans for work but couldn't be arsed sending them back. 511 is what I usually get in denim though.

I think my trainer of choice, after a few repeat buys are now Gazelles.

My initial corduroy purchase was also an error. Fucking Amazon.

Then I got them, and like... wow. Loved it. Still have denim regular ones but the black cords are the way to go.

seepage

I remember reading an article by Jess Cartner-Morley or Hadley Freeman that said men should never, ever wear black jeans. [partridge_shrug.gif]

Don't like denim. Tend to go for moleskin or, for the few weeks of the year when it's warm enough, that thinner stuff (cotton twill?)

ollyboro

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 11, 2020, 09:58:27 AM
I'll let you off for now because my life is too damn busy.

How about parking meters? Is it "Yes I know what a parking meters are" or "Yes I know what parking meters is"?

Another fucking Remoaner in denial. They're called Parking Yards now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: seepage on September 11, 2020, 04:54:00 PM
I remember reading an article by Jess Cartner-Morley or Hadley Freeman that said men should never, ever wear black jeans. [partridge_shrug.gif]

Bollocks.

thenoise

They look like they smell a bit down theresy.

I always avoid a light wash denim myself, especially not paired with a lumberjack shirt, due to the fact that I do not go line dancing, and I dont want anyone to think I go line dancing.

Sherman Krank

The correct term is a pair of Jeans as they are named in honour of 7th century French tailor Jean-Paul Trusaire who came up with the revolutionary idea of encasing each leg in a separate bit of material. Previously all pants just had one big leg and were more commonly known as skirts.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on September 10, 2020, 08:06:17 PM
Primark charge £8.00.
dont the Primark cheaper ones have something else in them, always feel like elastic to me, still those little Bangladeshi kids can't half knock 'em out

JamesTC