Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

19 years ago

Started by Rizla, September 11, 2020, 02:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It was 19 years ago today
Mohamed Atta went and stole a plane

Butchers Blind

Waiting for the 20th anniversary special edition.  Lots of extra content.

idunnosomename

i was hoping that gender reveal on the burj dubai would mean it ended up telescoping to oblivion

Twonty Gostelow

Is this ruddy weird or am I heartless? Everyone seems to think it's ossum.  https://imgur.com/gallery/0ou7hKQ

JamesTC

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 11, 2020, 11:38:25 PM
Waiting for the 20th anniversary special edition.  Lots of extra content.

Newly remastered in glorious 4K
Commentary from George W. Bush and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
Director's cut featuring a new alternative ending
9/11: The TV Series - Failed pilot for a TV adaption which was set to feature planes being flown into buildings on either the date 9/11 or the time 9:11 but features no reference to the original attacks.

Icehaven

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on September 12, 2020, 12:56:49 AM
Is this ruddy weird or am I heartless? Everyone seems to think it's ossum.  https://imgur.com/gallery/0ou7hKQ

He should probably be going a bit faster, and have acrid smoke and the smell of airoplane fuel and burning flesh piped into the gym. Actually then they could sell it as the "9/11 firefighter experience" and charge a few quid to let anyone have a go, they'd raise a fortune.

Bernice

Every year I die in a fire, to commemorate those who died in a fire in the past.

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

Quote"I was at work when it happened," Bill said. "Of course we didn't have a television there, but we had a radio and a newsflash came across the radio. So of course everything was dead silence."

Bill and his co-workers finished out the day, and not knowing what else to do he said fuck it, let's go bowling, and, man, is he glad he did because it was the best game of his life. He'd never bowled so well in decades of trying. He'd never bowl so well again. Amid the chaos and fear and uncertainty of the world changing in ways neither he nor the rest of us yet understood, Bill Moro went and bowled a perfect damn game on 9/11.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bowling-perfect-game-sept-11-2001_n_5c00074ae4b08506231a79d4?ri18n=true

Flouncer

I think it was good what they done, when they blew up them towers, and I laughed when the man jumped out of the window.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on September 12, 2020, 12:56:49 AM

It is weird. The real lads on the day weren't stupid, so they used the lifts to get there quicker.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 12, 2020, 10:44:21 PM
It is weird. The real lads on the day weren't stupid, so they used the lifts to get there quicker.

They took the quick route down as well.

steve98

I remember the naivety of some commentator on the day saying maybe some trapped victims might have been able to "surf" down to ground level, surf on all the collapsing debris...

Dex Sawash

Can you still buy office parachutes?

Bazooka

Quote from: steve98 on September 13, 2020, 12:42:47 AM
I remember the naivety of some commentator on the day saying maybe some trapped victims might have been able to "surf" down to ground level, surf on all the collapsing debris...

Ridiculous, you fall first and then jump at the last moment onto your feet.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

The hair will come out
Bill Moro
Bet your bottom dollar
Bill Moro
You'll be bald

Bill Moro! Bill Moro!
I love you Bill Moro
Your foreskin
Is tight
As well!

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 13, 2020, 01:32:15 AM
bald

You can't say that for certain. He might have a tuft of hair on the very top of his head.

9/11 makes me think of that terrible airline voted bottom for customer satisfaction.

daimoniac

genuine knock off commemorative t-shirt