Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Having a fondness for Xanax

Started by derek stitt, September 13, 2020, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 13, 2020, 03:08:27 PM
Isn't Xanax a bit American? I've heard people reference it in films and stuff, but don't really know what it is. Same as Ambien, or biscuits and gravy.

That's what I thought, just seems like one of those things I've only ever heard Americans talk about because of their weird over the counter drugs system

JaDanketies

Quote from: Thursday on September 13, 2020, 04:06:54 PM
That's what I thought, just seems like one of those things I've only ever heard Americans talk about because of their weird over the counter drugs system

in the UK they typically call them 'diazies' or 'vallies' and I know a fair few people who have discovered them independently. Xanax is very American.

Also better than valium / Diazepam for recreational use because xanax (and etizolam) is short-lasting. Diazepam lasts for upwards of 12 hours. Etizolam is 6ish hours but it still makes me feel wiped out the next day.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's just photocopying mate what's the big appeal

JaDanketies

I used to have half an etizolam and a hit of weed on a Friday morning, and then a pint of beer, a hit of weed and the other half at lunchtime, and then I was about as fucked up as you could be in an office without anyone noticing on Friday afternoon. Can't believe how much of my life used to circulate around getting high and getting away with it.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 13, 2020, 03:41:39 PM
counterfeit xans with fentanyl in are causing the same devastation across the modern hip hop scene as barbiturates did for psychedelic music back in the 60s and 70s

Black market non-prescription drugs laced with fentanyl are what killed Prince. (I don't think he was taking what he thought was Xanax - it was possibly 'Vicodin' - but he apparently wasn't aware that he was taking fentanyl.)

Zetetic

Isn't Xanax a bit American? I've heard people reference it in films and stuff, but don't really know what it is. Same as Ambien, or biscuits and gravy.
Absolutely despise people who use brand names instead of generic designations. Medication is, actually, too good for them.

Chollis

Love the stuff. I don't have anxiety which I imagine it's amazing for but it's great for nullifying a bad hangover/comedown. Don't do it too often obvs!

pancreas

Fabian Thomsett

Best thing Olivia Newton John ever did.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Zetetic on September 13, 2020, 05:57:36 PM
Absolutely despise people who use brand names instead of generic designations. Medication is, actually, too good for them.

Same with food. "Frosties"! Shut up. They're sugar-coated flakes of processed corn, you twat.

Cold Meat Platter

Much preferred Xanax 2: Megablast. Doesn't hold up these days, though.

Blue Jam

When I did jury service at the start of the year one of the barristers, discussing the drug use of a witness, said "I'm sure at least one of the ladies and gentlemen of the jury will have had some experience with valium".

We got back to the jury room:

OTHER JUROR: "So... does anyone here know what effect valium has on people?"

ME: "Yes, I've had valium..."

*shocked silence and a few giggles*

Just me then. Pffffft, what do they know- you can get valium from a GP as a one-off small dose. And you should- bloody lovely it is. Wouldn't want to be on it long-term though, it's probably moreish.

Zetetic

At least as much as booze, I guess.

Was put on temazepam as a child for a bit. Remember the school nurse telling me how she used to abuse benzos when she worked in a hospital.

Dr Rock

Temazepam, Diazepam, Etizolam, Codeine, Alprazolam, anything that has a rep as making you feel all fuzzy and safe or whatever. I've had them all and I don't feel anything much. Is that because of my metabolism or something.

Zetetic

(Codeine is not really like the others there, and also relies on a specific metabolic pathway that doesn't really work properly for quite a few people.)

How do you get on with alcohol?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 13, 2020, 07:32:03 PM
Temazepam, Diazepam, Etizolam, Codeine, Alprazolam, anything that has a rep as making you feel all fuzzy and safe or whatever. I've had them all and I don't feel anything much. Is that because of my metabolism or something.

When I fucked my back a few years ago, all my friends were very excited that I had gotten a load of Percocet. One did nothing and two made me fall asleep. Crap drug.

Blue Jam

With diazepam and presumably the others you have to have a pretty high dose to get a buzz off them. I once had 3g of valium and it did absolutely fuck-all, told my GP this and he prescribed me about 7mg for my next one-off dose and while I didn't get a buzz I did feel incredibly calm and that was lovely.

My GP is great.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Zetetic on September 13, 2020, 07:32:50 PM
How do you get on with alcohol?

I only drink very rarely now, but I used to drink a fair bit. I got/get drunk, but never like the silly drunk stereotype who can't walk properly or slurs all his words. My worst  behaviour came with mixing booze with sleeping tablets but I don't do that anymore.

JaDanketies

what they do is make your brain more receptive to GABA, in comparison to things like alcohol or GHB that flood your brain with GABA. That's why you can take loads of benzos and not die, but if you combine them with alcohol or GHB or whatever then you do.

GF is the same as you. She thinks they're pointless. Presumably you don't have much bassline anxiety to begin with.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 13, 2020, 07:37:24 PM
With diazepam and presumably the others you have to have a pretty high dose to get a buzz off them.

Yes I chucked them all down my neck like nobody's business, but no joy.

Dr Rock

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 13, 2020, 07:42:50 PMPresumably you don't have much bassline anxiety to begin with.

What a swizz.

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on September 13, 2020, 06:22:15 PM
Any love for etizolam?

I've found it's a lot easier to pass as someone not off their head on drugs with etizolam than it is with Xanax.

JarrowMonkey

I thought it was for when you had heartburn

JarrowMonkey

When I had the old bowel and arse cancer, it felt like, and looked a little like I was shitting biscuits and gravy

derek stitt

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 13, 2020, 01:37:52 PM
I'd assume it's not true.
[/quote

I would assumme it was true , the rumble strips of the  m5 northbound brought me round.

Not long woke up either and just fell down the stairs laughing.

Massive row brought the binge on and I just though fuck it. Won't be doing gain in hurry, gotmecdads pension to collect on Monday, can't be that much of a selfish prick.

flotemysost

Temazepam, Diazepam, Etizolam, Codeine, Alprazolam, anything that has a rep as making you feel all fuzzy and safe

Josh Homme considers rewrite

Nothing useful to add re: Xanax but reading about anyone falling asleep while driving is very concerning.

derek stitt

Learnt me lesson kiddies, the relative anonymity of this forum is the reason for my confession, something I ain't proud off and loony behaviour on Drugs, it's something I ain't proud off, thought that horrible but brilliant time on morphine had done the job. For the record the M5 was deserted and I was just seeing I could drive down it with  go with mum eyes closed. Had ideas of going over the side into the Severn for something to do but decided on cold KFC gavy and chips instead.
Tor and all its little babies and brothers a sisters been placed in hessian sack and drown by the village dark web drowner.less importantly only jut waking up properly after nearly thirty hours Is another reason plus, ache like a cunt.

Sonny_Jim

I got locked up for the night at her majestys pleasure after knocking on random people's doors at 2am in the morning asking for rizla.

But the worst thing was when I realised that the 7-8 Bitcoins I used to buy them off the dark web are now worth around 50k GBP.  Instead on a criminal record I'd have a house deposit.