Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Having a fondness for Xanax

Started by derek stitt, September 13, 2020, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek stitt

Benzos in moderation is just like having four or five pints,nice and cosey like . When I get my silly little
cravings for more than just a few pints the urge for irrational behaviour is strong, driving into oncoming lorries or off bridges just fucking stupid stuff that's feels brilliant at the time. Those poor bastard lorry drivers and their families. I am a grown man for fucks sake  with genuine responsibility. Such a fucking prick. Don't want to be responsible for myself or some other poor fucker to suffer institutional life  or worse.

I never will but I can see why people turn to Jesus. Have a mate who is into the cardiacs, I think they the band are atrocious but, it's something if I pretend to like them.

This is a good country and western song.

A melancholic song about a life destroyed by not being able to face KFC gravy again because of a body covered in it by a dragging a suicide out if a river , I would buy it.

Donnas Cakes

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 13, 2020, 03:08:27 PM
Isn't Xanax a bit American? I've heard people reference it in films and stuff, but don't really know what it is. Same as Ambien, or biscuits and gravy.

Ambien is their branded version of Zolpidem.

I would avoid it, its pretty nasty stuff.

Dr Rock

I've just taken four. No joke. It's my pain medicine.

Dr Rock

Janie Jones

Quote from: Thursday on September 13, 2020, 04:06:54 PM
That's what I thought, just seems like one of those things I've only ever heard Americans talk about because of their weird over the counter drugs system

Yes, quaalades or something as well, they seem to knock them back a lot, what are they and how do you get them over here?

How are you people getting hold of Xanax? They can only be prescribed privately in the UK, not on the NHS.

Quote from: Donnas Cakes on September 14, 2020, 08:42:25 AM
Ambien is their branded version of Zolpidem.

I would avoid it, its pretty nasty stuff.

I like Zolpidem, nice short half life. I can't use Zopiclone due to overuse in the past and I'm dreading the time that Zolpidem stops working.

A CaBber very kindly gave me an online UK Meds link but they are always out of stock of Zeds and you still have to obtain a prescription.  My GP has stopped prescribing Zolpidem because they are so very concerned for my wellbeing, this is the doctors who spent a year telling my friend's mum to stop bothering them with a bit of normal age related joint pain when she was dying in agony of undiagnosed cancer that had spread to her bones.

derek stitt

Not being nasty to you mate but,  if anyone on this site gives you the wherewithal to get dark web access to drugs I will personally kick their heads in. Leave them alone.

Its too late for me I am a cunt, your not. Avoid and take most of the misery.

Flouncer

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 14, 2020, 09:24:25 AM
Yes, quaalades or something as well, they seem to knock them back a lot, what are they and how do you get them over here?

How are you people getting hold of Xanax? They can only be prescribed privately in the UK, not on the NHS.

I used to get dodgy black market ones off a mate of mine who also sold loads of charlie. He's in the big house now. Doing a bid. That's what happens to you if you go around acting like Sheffield's answer to Pablo Escobar.

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 14, 2020, 09:24:25 AMA CaBber very kindly gave me an online UK Meds link but they are always out of stock of Zeds and you still have to obtain a prescription.  My GP has stopped prescribing Zolpidem because they are so very concerned for my wellbeing, this is the doctors who spent a year telling my friend's mum to stop bothering them with a bit of normal age related joint pain when she was dying in agony of undiagnosed cancer that had spread to her bones.

I'd just like to respond to this by saying how much I hate doctors, the gaslighting cunts that they are.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 14, 2020, 09:24:25 AM
You don't get a hold of quaaludes, even in the US. Afaik the only person who manufactures them now is some African warlord. They aren't made by pharmaceutical companies any more. They got supplanted by benzos.

You can get anything you want on the internet.

I got modafinil from the clearnet, I just had to tick a box saying I had narcolepsy.

The Mollusk

Quote from: derek stitt on September 14, 2020, 07:37:56 AM
Benzos in moderation is just like having four or five pints,nice and cosey like . When I get my silly little
cravings for more than just a few pints the urge for irrational behaviour is strong, driving into oncoming lorries or off bridges just fucking stupid stuff that's feels brilliant at the time. Those poor bastard lorry drivers and their families. I am a grown man for fucks sake  with genuine responsibility. Such a fucking prick. Don't want to be responsible for myself or some other poor fucker to suffer institutional life  or worse.

I never will but I can see why people turn to Jesus. Have a mate who is into the cardiacs, I think they the band are atrocious but, it's something if I pretend to like them.

This is a good country and western song.

A melancholic song about a life destroyed by not being able to face KFC gravy again because of a body covered in it by a dragging a suicide out if a river , I would buy it.

Reading this made me incredibly anxious. Since no one else has replied to your posts yet, I hope you're doing okay this morning, in spite of the circumstances. Please look after yourself and try to knock the bad habits on the head, we care about you and we're deffo here to help if we can.

derek stitt

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 14, 2020, 10:01:58 AM
Reading this made me incredibly anxious. Since no one else has replied to your posts yet, I hope you're doing okay this morning, in spite of the circumstances. Please look after yourself and try to knock the bad habits on the head, we care about you and we're deffo here to help if we can.

Genuine thanks.

Am still bumping into thing but getting better.  First bit of stupidity is nearly ten years so am doing something almost right.

Made me well up your post, you rotter

The Mollusk

Quote from: derek stitt on September 14, 2020, 10:30:05 AM
Made me well up your post, you rotter

Yeah alright don't flatter yourself too much ;D

Anyway, keep us posted if you're not feeling great at any point or you think you may have another episode brewing up. It's important to be reminded there's places you can go and people you can talk to and this place has worked absolute wonders for me over the last decade-and-a-half.

Bence Fekete

I think there's a learning curve to cannabis, tragically undernourished in our cultural era, that forces people to gravitate to compliance lottery pills designed by hateful megacorps over far less harmful and risky organic substances.

For me, albeit after a decade of solid caning and redefining, weed is the ultimate anxiety relief. It needn't have taken that long. I had to take everything to find out that the first thing was the best. 

JaDanketies

The best anxiety relief is a dissociative like ketamine, but you can't do your normal life when you're on ket. You can do a fair hash of it when you're on benzos. Which helps to make them ultra-addictive.

Cannabis isn't really a great anxiety relief. Sometimes it's given me bad anxiety; I'm sure it's strain-dependent. But take a benzo and then have a small amount of alcohol and cannabis and it feels like there's a big empty space in your body where the anxiety used to be.

bgmnts

Surely the withdrawal you'd get from not taking ketamine would give you immense anxieties?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bence Fekete on September 15, 2020, 06:01:05 PM
I think there's a learning curve to cannabis, tragically undernourished in our cultural era, that forces people to gravitate to compliance lottery pills designed by hateful megacorps over far less harmful and risky organic substances.

For me, albeit after a decade of solid caning and redefining, weed is the ultimate anxiety relief. It needn't have taken that long. I had to take everything to find out that the first thing was the best.

i got me some kashmir ice hash in for a treat. blimey.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on September 15, 2020, 06:34:43 PM
Surely the withdrawal you'd get from not taking ketamine would give you immense anxieties?

There's no ketamine withdrawal, boy.

Goldentony

My mate stopped smoking weed after we started smoking it on a Friday and watching music videos on his fuck off 4K telly because when he woke up he couldn't recall a fucking thing we did, what was real and imagined and he just cut it out. It was really annoying because i'd love to have the nerve to drop shit like that.

i'll keep the lol weed stories brief but we both got really upset by Dumb And Dumber To because it looked like Jim Carrey was acting post production against a green screen of Jeff Daniels just doing the film by himself. That was what stopped him.

spaghetamine

Puce Moment

Quote from: bgmnts on September 15, 2020, 07:09:52 PMOh. Win win then.

Ketamine is a drug to steer completely away from. Whilst I was in the Urology department a few weeks ago with my post-covid kidney nonsense I spoke to two blokes (mates) who were both in their due to not particularly substantial ket use. They had been taking it on and off for about 8-months and their renal systems / bladders were FUUUCKED. Basically these completely normal blokes in their late 30s are going to need all sorts of dialysis, bags and shit because their entire urinary system, is fucked. No booze for their rest of their lives.

Thing is, it's not like heroin or cocaine. It is a very strong dissociative, but was originally (and apparently still is) used as an anaesthetic. It's use in medical procedures was massively increased during the Vietnam war as they came to realise it was not addictive and did not have the same side effects as opiates. It's other affects on the renal system meant it stopped being prescribed. I dabbled in a very small way for a short time a few years ago, but I went off it when my tolerance increased almost overnight. It's a nice way to forget about the problems of the world, but it really wipes you out. It's not funny and trippy like weed, tabs and shrooms - it's also not terribly social. I had two pretty fucking incredible k-hole experiences, but that was all. After that I just felt wonky.

This is my opinion but it is not a drug that's good enough or fun enough for the price you pay for long term use (physically, mentally and financially). I feel I dodged a bullet by growing bored of it after a few grams, having seen what it can do to people.

Heroin and Morphine. Now those are drugs worth fucking up your life for. Lovely stuff.

Goldentony

every lad in matching gucci tshirts, air max and topman jeans ive had to clean the sick up from or force out of a cloakroom during a brawl or anything along those lines has always been the result of someone on ket. someone behind the bar once did so much ket they went into a k hole at the start of a shift.

imitationleather

Don't listen to the haters, kids. Ketamine is the best.

Goldentony

do not listen to this arse, if you inject ketamine you'll be sick all over my floor

imitationleather

My sick would only improve your horrible fucking floor.

JaDanketies

If you take it daily you will fuck your bladder. I vaguely remember seeing something like 100% of people who took 1g a day fucked their bladder and 0% of people who took 1g a week did. (Don't make any health decisions based on what a stranger on a forum told you they vaguely remember seeing).

Really none of the stuff people have mentioned itt is suitable for daily use. Not even alcohol, or cannabis - but they are a gazillion times more suited to daily use than ket or benzos. If you actually need something for anxiety, it's probably therapy and SSRIs unfortunately - nothing that makes Shpongle sound better.

edit: reliable source for the 1g a day claim

QuoteBladder damage. This is common in people who take illegal ketamine recreationally at doses of over 1g ketamine daily.

Puce Moment

I'm amazed that they were able to have a fight on ket. I couldn't even get a glass to my lips properly. You just turn into OctoDad x 1,000.

Zetetic

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 15, 2020, 07:40:02 PM
If you actually need something for anxiety, it's probably therapy and SSRIs unfortunately
Or more fancifully, stable accommodation and meaningful occupation.

Puce Moment

Quote from: derek stitt on September 14, 2020, 09:32:35 AMNot being nasty to you mate but,  if anyone on this site gives you the wherewithal to get dark web access to drugs I will personally kick their heads in. Leave them alone.

Most of the markets have closed due to repeated exit scams. The DDOS attacks have basically worked and the owners just bail with the millions lying in either escrow or sitting in people's accounts. I wouldn't go near a dark market these days.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 15, 2020, 07:48:09 PM
Most of the markets have closed due to repeated exit scams. The DDOS attacks have basically worked and the owners just bail with the millions lying in either escrow or sitting in people's accounts. I wouldn't go near a dark market these days.

SWIM even uses them for weed these days. All they've ever lost is the cost of an eighth from Empire Market. And they got a free 8gs of high-quality coke when it got sent to them instead of ket, and they got the ket later too when they complained.

They tell me they would never buy street drugs again. The quality is worse, the price is worse, the weight is always off, and the customer service is terrible. And adulterants are commonplace. 

imitationleather

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 15, 2020, 07:51:28 PM
And they got a free 8gs of high-quality coke when it got sent to them instead of ket, and they got the ket later too when they complained.

Hey, this happened to me as well!

I don't even like coke but you better believe I took it all.