Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dangan Runner

Started by Pink Gregory, September 13, 2020, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

https://thequietus.com/articles/28841-film-dangan-runner-japan-run-lola-run

Watched this last night after reading the above write-up.  Straight-to-video film that serves as a coincidental precursor to Run Lola Run.

A yakuza henchman chasing a drugged-up cashier chasing a failed bank-robber through a smoggy 80s Tokyo, becoming more and more delirious with tiredness while Yakuza and Police go to war behind them.

A lean 80 minutes, stranger and more comical than I was expecting.

Small Man Big Horse

That sounds intriguing so thanks for the heads up, shall give that a go soon.

Small Man Big Horse

And I did. And it's fun, too, very, very silly, and perhaps a little too contrived and daft by the end, but I can't deny that I enjoyed it because I did.

Also, as an aside, but one of the character's in the film wears a swirly black and white shirt throughout the film - and it's a shirt I too own! Now this is probably not of interest to anyone, but it's a shirt I've never seen elsewhere, and one that has been insulted on many occasions. Despite buying it in the mid-nineties I still have it too, so that's this year's fancy dress party outfit sorted.

And because I'm that sad, here is said shirt:

BlodwynPig

Is that your Tulpa over your left shoulder?

Small Man Big Horse

No, my Tulpa was on holiday that week.

Blumf

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 28, 2020, 08:02:12 PM

Gotta say, the film bloke is wearing it better. It's the apron and hair, you'll need a wig.

Pink Gregory

Ha, ace.

I don't know if the whole yakuza shootout thing really added anything beyond more farce (which is enjoyable either way); but then that ending is great.