Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Movie scenes that make you physically puke

Started by Absorb the anus burn, September 13, 2020, 11:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

Talking Pictures screened the swinging 60's satire 'Smashing Time' a few days ago with Rita Tushingham and Lynn Redgrave. I'd seen the film as a child and enjoyed the dotty script and antics of the groovy twosome trying to make it big by acting like twats on Carnaby Street.

A 2020 rewatch actually made me wretch, specifically the first [nb]The first food fight. There are others.[/nb]food fight in the Camden cafe.

All the ingredients were there...

- A fag ash greasy spoon.
- Probable Child molestor Arthur Mullard.
- Spray cans of horse shit.
- Gaudy colourful wipes in the edits.
- Rent-a-Grot actors like Geoffrey Hughes and Sam Kydd.
- Dead flies in rice pudding.
- Rita Tushingham's fucking eyes.

What films (or scenes in films) make you want to chunder?

Egyptian Feast

I thought I was well hard, watching shit like Cannibal Holocaust, Man Behind The Sun and Far and Away without vomiting, but when I had some mates over to have a curry and watch a hooky DVD of Super Size Me I had to excuse myself and puke my guts up after a few seconds of the surgical footage.

Incidentally, I never used to eat at McDonald's or Burger King before I saw that film or read Fast Food Nation, but I'm a cunt for that stuff now.

Egyptian Feast

The bit with the fried egg sandwich in Withnail and I is retch inducing, as is the bit in the video for The Style Council's 'Welcome To Milton Keynes' where the little girl eats Mick Talbot's American death burger and the ketchup spurts out and spoils her frock.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on September 13, 2020, 11:51:10 AM
I'm a cunt for that stuff now.

I was in Mcdonalds this week and saw the triple cheeseburger had been added as a new addition. I thought I better just get two.

TheMonk

Sebastian Cobb

There's a bit in the not-very-good film Def Con 4 where the baddie has crippled someone who has the brains to figure out his plan, and he has him in some harness upside down, and unable to help himself has this foamy dribble on his chin that makes me feel unusually queasy.

Brundle-Fly

Quite a few moments in the I Spit On Your Grave (2010) remake and two sequels. What happens to
Spoiler alert
Joe Absolum's nads
[close]
in one film did make my stomach go on spin cycle. 

The
Spoiler alert
shitting
[close]
bit in The Human Centipede (2009) The end of that film repeated on me for a few days after.

The penis song from The Sweetest Thing (2002) Almost cringed up my ring.

C_Larence

The Bridesmaids diarrhea/vomit scene. I think I was coming down with something anyway, but I had to pause the movie and go to bed for 2 days.

Puce Moment

I have a very solid gag relfex indeed. I think it was being a kid and absolutely hating puking so I managed to supress it and now I just really don't gag at all.

However, I would say the only scene in any film that actually made me come close to retching was the custard eating in Brain Dead. If you've seen it you will know what I mean.

QDRPHNC

Fire Walk with Me, the close-up of the mouth sucking creamed corn off a spoon. The most disturbing shot of Lynch's ouvre.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: C_Larence on September 13, 2020, 02:27:51 PM
The Bridesmaids diarrhea/vomit scene. I think I was coming down with something anyway, but I had to pause the movie and go to bed for 2 days.

That scene makes me laugh a lot.  I'm laughing now just thinking about it.

studpuppet

My wife can't stand hearing/seeing people vomiting without it setting her off as well. I've consequently never sat her down in front of Team America:

https://youtu.be/tvMduWKHNpY?t=120

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 13, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Fire Walk with Me, the close-up of the mouth sucking creamed corn off a spoon. The most disturbing shot of Lynch's ouvre.

but the score to that scene is sublime

Pink Gregory

Plastic surgery scene in Liberace - Behind the Candelabra.  All Matt Damon getting his nose chiselled and such.

QDRPHNC

phantom_power

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 13, 2020, 03:29:14 PM
I have a very solid gag relfex indeed. I think it was being a kid and absolutely hating puking so I managed to supress it and now I just really don't gag at all.

However, I would say the only scene in any film that actually made me come close to retching was the custard eating in Brain Dead. If you've seen it you will know what I mean.

I would add the similar scene in Bad Taste where the aliens eat

Egyptian Feast

The Mollusk

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 13, 2020, 03:29:14 PM

I was thinking about that scene recently apropos of nothing and it made me wince, even though the memory is vague as it's been over a decade since I last watched it. I just popped it on YouTube to job my memory and fucking hell it's even more horrendous than I thought. The bright red fake blood swirling into the custard and the ludicrous proto-Tim and Eric dubbed slurping/crunching noises genuinely do churn the stomach. Also is it just me or is a bowl of fucking custard with nothing else to go with it just disgusting?

Christ. I need to go and have a shower now, I feel revolting!

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 13, 2020, 04:02:35 PM

Yes. Bloody horrible. I can't bear seeing people eat in real life anyway, especially wet and creamy food. I have to leave the room. My dates are never dinner dates.

beanheadmcginty

Dan Aykroyd eating the hot dog in Nothing But Trouble.

thenoise

I'm afraid as a dumb teen I was a bit of a fan of Jackass. Certainly had it's fair share of vomit, nasty injuries and tastelessness, but somehow managed to stay the right side of watchable, thanks in no small part to the personalities of the participants and their relationships to each other.

So I watched the first episode of the hyped up 'British version', Dirty Sanchez. Fucking hell. A really grim council estate bullying atmosphere, a load of desperate looking cunts who seem to hate each other inflicting sickening, obvious, permanent injuries to one another, seemingly for no reason (other than a paycheck, I guess). Depressing, empty and pointless.

Any of it could qualify for the thread.

El Unicornio, mang

Anything involving poo. The scene in Schindler's List where the kids have to hide in the toilets, Shawshank where he's crawling through the sewers. I can't even watch the bit in Pink Flamingos where Divine eats dog shit. I can just about watch the bit in American Wedding where he does it, it's funny enough to be worth watching.

Dr Syntax Head

The only thing that makes Society bearable is that it's hilarious

The Mollusk

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on September 15, 2020, 01:45:29 PM
The only thing that makes Society bearable is that it's hilarious

I thought you were on about the film as a whole then and was going to be like WHAT. But then I remembered this is a "scenes" thread. God damn that film is so good.

Puce Moment

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 15, 2020, 01:41:55 PMAnything involving poo. The scene in Schindler's List where the kids have to hide in the toilets, Shawshank where he's crawling through the sewers. I can't even watch the bit in Pink Flamingos where Divine eats dog shit. I can just about watch the bit in American Wedding where he does it, it's funny enough to be worth watching.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 15, 2020, 02:06:07 PM
I thought you were on about the film as a whole then and was going to be like WHAT. But then I remembered this is a "scenes" thread. God damn that film is so good.

Brilliant film

Lordofthefiles

NurseNugent

The horse's head as eel fishing bait in The Tin Drum.

Marner and Me

The girls cleaning themselves up in Kevin and Perry Go Large. Fucking gipping.

ElTwopo

Never actually puked due to a film, but the closest I've ever got to doing so was during Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom. It affected me to the extent that hearing someone speak Italian in the following weeks after I saw it made me feel physically ill.