Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:12:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Banned on the phone

Started by Norton Canes, September 14, 2020, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Hi, here I am, posting happily away on my work laptop, as I can also do on my own PC.

And yet, when I pick up my Galaxy J4+ and attempt to visit CaB using the Chrome browser - this happens:

----------

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Norton Canes, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

----------

Except I'm not banned am I. Just my phone, it seems. And I didn't even know the forum bothers to check which device it's being viewed on. How do I un-ban this ban?

Zetetic

On Wifi or mobile data?

If the latter, what network?

Small Man Big Horse

I've no idea how to fix it but I know you're not alone and at least two other people have had this issue.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Zetetic on September 14, 2020, 11:57:15 AM
On Wifi or mobile data?

If the latter, what network?

Both. I'm on EE.

imitationleather

Used to happen to me on EE too but not now I'm on 3.

Someone who got banned must have been a EE user?

Norton Canes

The thread title is supposed to be a play on 'Band On The Run' by the way but yeah didn't really work.

Endicott

Happened to me on my android phone using chrome. Delete your site settings, and/or site cookies. Then you should be able to log in again from scratch.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 14, 2020, 12:00:15 PM
The thread title is supposed to be a play on 'Band On The Run' by the way but yeah didn't really work.

I just came in to make a joke about it. That's two things you've bollocksed up today.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Clearly smartphone Norton Canes is one badass who we need protection from, whereas pc Norton Canes is the acceptable version.

Shit Good Nose

I get the same message trying to log on when there's no wi-fi and only a 3/4G mobile signal, but it's fine otherwise.  Never bothered to follow it up as I hardly ever use the internet if there's no wi-fi.

Malcy

Couldn't connect to the site most of yesterday on my phone's Safari browser but the laptop worked fine. No message about being banned though. Just said the server was unavailable or missing or something.

idunnosomename

Posting this from my phone while having a shit in the nude

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on September 14, 2020, 11:59:48 AM
Used to happen to me on EE too but not now I'm on 3.

Someone who got banned must have been a EE user?

Quite possibly. There was a time an entire Crown Dependency's IP range got banned, so maybe a similar thing has happened for EE's one.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 14, 2020, 11:56:03 AM
Hi, here I am, posting happily away on my work laptop, as I can also do on my own PC.

And yet, when I pick up my Galaxy J4+ and attempt to visit CaB using the Chrome browser - this happens:

----------

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Norton Canes, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

----------

Except I'm not banned am I. Just my phone, it seems. And I didn't even know the forum bothers to check which device it's being viewed on. How do I un-ban this ban?

You've been banned for discussion of banned posters

shiftwork2

Have you tried blowing it out yer arse?

Flouncer

NOTORIOUS BADBOY NORTON CANES "TOO HOT FOR COOK'D AND BOMB'D," SAYS SMARTPHONE BROWSER

The Mollusk

They should call them STUPIDPHONES who's with me

Glebe

Paul McCartney considers rewrite.

EDIT: Been done.

The Mollusk

Try to keep up Glebe for heavens sake. You're even making Norton look clever

Glebe

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 14, 2020, 01:44:20 PM
Try to keep up Glebe for heavens sake. You're even making Norton look clever

Fuck's sake. Lazy. Sorry.

The Mollusk

It's alright just don't let it happen again, unless you want your access to the site to be unreasonably restricted like what we did to Norton

Glebe

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 14, 2020, 01:48:52 PM
It's alright just don't let it happen again, unless you want your access to the site to be unreasonably restricted like what we did to Norton

:(

The Bumlord

Quote from: Endicott on September 14, 2020, 12:07:41 PM
Happened to me on my android phone using chrome. Delete your site settings, and/or site cookies. Then you should be able to log in again from scratch.

Yes, this. Clear everything. You can test whether that's the problem first by logging in on an incognito tab.

Mr Farenheit

Something similar happened to me, I was banned on my laptop which had somehow changed to the same IP address as the banned poster 'slapasoldier'. Emailed Barry Admin and he fixed it.