Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:50:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

First day of "rule of six"

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 14, 2020, 04:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Already the government are trying to dissuade people from following it, if you want to shoot birds you are exempt from the rule. Can't offend some of the people who fund the Tories can we?

El Unicornio, mang

I don't think I could get a group of six people to hang out together these days if I tried.

There was a load of different groups of 10+ students on the beach earlier, tossing their balls around and frolicking in the water. I have a feeling this rule isn't going to be getting followed well.

Fambo Number Mive

It'll be another way the government can shift blame.

Alberon

One minister is already calling on the public to snitch on their neighbours.

What would happen if they did? It's not going to be high on the priority list of an overstretched police force, is it?

bgmnts

Don't schoolchildren have to wear facemasks? Shitload of spawn wandering round this wretched community now.

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2020, 05:02:30 PM
It'll be another way the government can shift blame.

Not to people who murder wildlife though.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2020, 04:41:46 PM
Already the government are trying to dissuade people from following it, if you want to shoot birds you are exempt from the rule. Can't offend some of the people who fund the Tories can we?

To be fair, the predominantly working class 5-a-side footy is also exempt, to the bewilderment of my running group who fail to see how 10 sweaty people tackling each other on a piece of AstroTurf is less dangerously infectious than 8 of us jogging along a bridle path.

Alberon

So if you want to have a big family get together just put granny in a football shirt.

Janie Jones

Or a Barbour jacket with a dead pheasant in the pocket.

Fambo Number Mive

Over a thousand anti-lockdown protestors in Central London according to the news. Fairly sure they are all breaching the rule of six.

Attila

Quote from: Alberon on September 14, 2020, 05:06:57 PM
One minister is already calling on the public to snitch on their neighbours.

What would happen if they did? It's not going to be high on the priority list of an overstretched police force, is it?

My VC, or rather her pet DVC who actually runs the university, has ordered the students to rat out each other's parties and gatherings that break the rule. They've even sent around a little form the students can send out to capture all of the details of the breach.

Small Man Big Horse

I struggle with some of the terminology the media have used when describing this, using "Grassing up" or "Ratting out" as if it's a negative thing, if people are breaking the rules surely they should be reported upon as that way not so many people will suffer / die?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 19, 2020, 08:31:53 PM
I struggle with some of the terminology the media have used when describing this, using "Grassing up" or "Ratting out" as if it's a negative thing, if people are breaking the rules surely they should be reported upon as that way not so many people will suffer / die?

Exactly. The way i put it, imagine if the virus was zombies and these people were leaving the barricades open...

Alberon

Thinking about it this is true. It's not a victimless crime after all, but it is going to be hard to get the public to report their neighbours even without the negative reporting.

Though what does happen if you do report a breach? My mates motorbike was stolen last week, the only contact with the police was over the phone. They're not likely to show up in time to catch anyone breaking the law unless there is fifty plus of them having a rave.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Alberon on September 19, 2020, 10:09:49 PM
Thinking about it this is true. It's not a victimless crime after all, but it is going to be hard to get the public to report their neighbours even without the negative reporting.

Though what does happen if you do report a breach? My mates motorbike was stolen last week, the only contact with the police was over the phone. They're not likely to show up in time to catch anyone breaking the law unless there is fifty plus of them having a rave.

I guess it depends on the size of the police force / how busy they are, but there's no reason why they can't arrive within half an hour to an hour on many an occasion, and if the party/gathering isn't still going on at that point at least it should work as a warning not to do something so selfish again.

I do feel slightly like a bit of a grumpy old man when moaning about this as it goes, and I wish we weren't in this situation, but I really do feel that lives could be saved if people just restrain themselves. I mean this story seems to suggest that one man's stupidity partially led to a huge rise in Bolton, and I'm sure there are similar occurrences - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54205353

I do know where you're coming from when it comes to your friend's motorbike being stolen though, something similar happened when a friend's car was taken and that's shitty too and definitely shouldn't be the case.

jobotic

If you're having a rave keeps some birds nearby and if the filth come round start kicking the birds to death. You're in the clear.

steveh

Based on what happens with the ones that have been going on for years on Walthamstow Marshes, they aren't at all bothered about raves. The police just turn up hours after they've started, note that they've checked things out and then depart. I don't think they have ever attempted to actually stop one - even at the height of lockdown.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

STOP DISRUPTING THE CAPITALIST SYSTEM OR WE WILL FINANCIALLY CRIPPLE YOU FOR LIFE