Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Most Wild Rock Stars?

Started by MortSahlFan, September 14, 2020, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Rod Stewart sure knows how to build a model railway thats for certain.

willy crossit

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 15, 2020, 11:05:13 AM
GG Allin is obviously the right answer but the question immediately makes me think of this NSFW picture of Anal Cunt frontman Seth Putnam shooting up while getting a blowjob from a groupie

GG Allin snuffed it at 36 and Seth Putnam at 43

is that a roger mellie tattoo on his arm

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 15, 2020, 08:57:10 PM
I really am so very sorry, Glebe. But Garfunkel is the real monster here, not me.

Art Garfuckyerself

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

ajsmith2

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 15, 2020, 10:04:51 PM
I mean cm on

Its Saville isn't it? On points alone

Savile was a rock star? Setting aside the fact that he didn't perform music (one novelty single early in his career aside) or even seem to have any interest or understanding of it beyond as means to his evil ends, absolutely no one on earth was particularly enamoured with his innate star 'qualities' on their own terms even before the reality reshaping scandals broke.

PlanktonSideburns

He's the first non Jamaican club dj, and set the standards of behaviour for all non Jamaican djs since

JaDanketies

Quote from: willy crossit on September 15, 2020, 10:10:18 PM
is that a roger mellie tattoo on his arm

I googled it and it seems like it is although I can't be 100%

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 15, 2020, 08:53:22 PM
Art Garfunkel is notorious for saying "another think coming". He knows it's wrong, he just does it to annoy people.

'Another think coming' is correct, isn't it?

I hear Bob Marley liked a bit of the old wacky baccy.

The Mollusk

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 16, 2020, 07:35:35 AM
He's the first non Jamaican club dj, and set the standards of behaviour for all non Jamaican djs since

A true pioneer. If it weren't for Savile we wouldn't have impeccably-dressed and not-at-all-weird white reggae-loving bellends like David Rodigan.

One love, pip pip tally ho.

thenoise

Our very own Jonathan King was a bit of a naughty one in his day.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: kalowski on September 15, 2020, 06:54:36 AM
Val Doonican took so much cocaine in the 70s his septum disintegrated so he had to have a roadie (a BBC script editor) blow coke up his arse with a straw.
Just like Stevie Nicks.

Puce Moment

Well this is all very whimsical but just a quick reminder that Ian Watkins managed to get a woman to agree to let him rape her baby so all yer Keith Moons and GG Allins can get to fuckery.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 16, 2020, 07:02:27 PM
Well this is all very whimsical but just a quick reminder that Ian Watkins managed to get a woman to agree to let him rape her baby so all yer Keith Moons and GG Allins can get to fuckery.

Wavy will never forget.

Shit Good Nose

I still enjoy Watkins being given an extra year or whatever it was after pleading not guilty to hiding a mobile phone up his arse in prison despite being caught hiding a mobile phone up his arse in prison.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 16, 2020, 11:16:27 PMI still enjoy Watkins being given an extra year or whatever it was after pleading not guilty to hiding a mobile phone up his arse in prison despite being caught hiding a mobile phone up his arse in prison.

I bet he had a pic of a baby on his screensaver as well.

A baby phone stuck up his arse.

Turns out he had this stuck up his arse:

And was using it to control a part of the internet the size of Ireland.

JaDanketies

Once I was at Brutal Assault festival on LSD and I was watching Decapitated. I was really amped about the next band that were on - Oathbreaker. I knew Decapitated were a big name but I couldn't really reel off any of their songs.

I was standing there in the crowd, enjoying how polite everyone had been. Appreciating how the cup deposit scheme and the fully-biodegradable, wooden knives, forks and plates had meant there was hardly any litter at all. Enjoying how the Czech liberal attitude to drugs had meant that the security just pat you down for knives, weapons and outside alcohol, so going in and out of the festival ground was easy. I'd tried to buy weed, but people had just given it to me for free. Pondering whether this clean, safe, low-security festival could exist in England, where we famously throw plastic bottles full of piss into the crowd and are all a bunch of shitheads. Thinking about the nice weather, the beautiful scenery, and just all-round having a swell time on LSD.

Then Decapitated finished their set with Spheres of Madness, which I definitely recognised and had heard and enjoyed a thousand times before - I just never knew the band or the song title. And they fucking killed it.

I'd been on LSD at concerts plenty of times, but I had a truly transcendent experience. My legs turned to jelly. My heart was going to come out of my chest. When my baby was born, the emotions I felt at that time were not as strong as the emotions I felt when Decapitated played Spheres of Madness at Brutal Assault while I was on LSD. When the song finished and everyone moved over to the other stage, I grabbed people who I recognised and told them I had just had the most intense experience of my life and didn't know if I could cope. I ended up grabbing some whiskey and coke from the bar and washing down half a benzo, and I couldn't get into Oathbreaker because the experience I'd just had was so incredible. Decapitated announced they were playing in my city soon afterwards and I bought a ticket lightening-fast.

But Decapitated never made the show, because someone accused them of rape in the US shortly afterwards. :'(

The Mollusk

What does that have to do with anything?

JaDanketies

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 17, 2020, 06:25:11 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

tangentially-related to Ian Watkins

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Shurely Shane MacGowan has got to be up there? Part of me stares in jaw-dropped admiration at his sheer I-don't-give-a-fuck progress through life, while another part of me grieves for the genius that was lost to booze and whatever narcotics were to hand. If he had been just a little bit more sober, just a little bit cleaner, what might we have had from him in the prime of his life? Or is that puritanical bourgoise streak just the thing that he was fleeing from?

I do know that if poor old Sinead O'Connor is calling you out for self-destructive behaviour, then you really might have a problem. I'm pleased he's still with us, but let's be honest, it's been over 30 years since he produced any work of note. On the other hand, the body of work he did produce is a legacy that anyone else would give their eye-teeth for.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 16, 2020, 09:49:06 AM
'Another think coming' is correct, isn't it?

Yes.

Art Garfunkel was known to deliberately upset Paul Simon by commenting that he, Garfunkel, would always be taller than Simon.  Simon eventually responded with the most passive aggressive song  in the world - The Only Living Boy In New York.

kalowski

Quote from: mobias on September 15, 2020, 10:06:53 PM
Rod Stewart sure knows how to build a model railway thats for certain.

I have to say that's fucking marvellous. Good ol' Rod the Mod.

mobias

The Norwegian black metal lot are all pretty 'wild' aren' they? It always strikes me as a kind of contrived rather naff theatrical wildness though, no matter how depraved it is. Like they're only doing it to frighten their parents. If no one is there to get scared by it then it all just seems like a pointless ineffective gesture.

I prefer Ozzy licking his and Nikki Sixx's piss off a restaurant floor any day.

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 17, 2020, 04:23:41 PM
Once I was at Brutal Assault festival on LSD and I was watching Decapitated.

Worst drugs experience ever.

JaDanketies

Quote from: mobias on September 17, 2020, 07:58:16 PM
The Norwegian black metal lot are all pretty 'wild' aren' they? It always strikes me as a kind of contrived rather naff theatrical wildness though, no matter how depraved it is. Like they're only doing it to frighten their parents. If no one is there to get scared by it then it all just seems like a pointless ineffective gesture.

they did murder all them people and burn them nice churches

I think when you're in your 50s and touring with the Norweigan National Orchestra and a full choir doing gigs that are £70 a ticket, you forfeit some of your hardcoreness

mobias

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 17, 2020, 08:01:36 PM
they did murder all them people and burn them nice churches

Yeah but it was all just attention seeking nonsense.

JaDanketies

Quote from: mobias on September 17, 2020, 08:05:34 PM
Yeah but it was all just attention seeking nonsense.

This fella from Dissection is the start of some weird Wikipedia rabbit-holes. He definitely appears to be a total wrong-un.  Their music is good, too.

thugler

Once I was at Brutal Assault festival on LSD and I was watching Decapitated. I was really amped about the next band that were on - Oathbreaker. I knew Decapitated were a big name but I couldn't really reel off any of their songs.

I was standing there in the crowd, enjoying how polite everyone had been. Appreciating how the cup deposit scheme and the fully-biodegradable, wooden knives, forks and plates had meant there was hardly any litter at all. Enjoying how the Czech liberal attitude to drugs had meant that the security just pat you down for knives, weapons and outside alcohol, so going in and out of the festival ground was easy. I'd tried to buy weed, but people had just given it to me for free. Pondering whether this clean, safe, low-security festival could exist in England, where we famously throw plastic bottles full of piss into the crowd and are all a bunch of shitheads. Thinking about the nice weather, the beautiful scenery, and just all-round having a swell time on LSD.

Then Decapitated finished their set with Spheres of Madness, which I definitely recognised and had heard and enjoyed a thousand times before - I just never knew the band or the song title. And they fucking killed it.

I'd been on LSD at concerts plenty of times, but I had a truly transcendent experience. My legs turned to jelly. My heart was going to come out of my chest. When my baby was born, the emotions I felt at that time were not as strong as the emotions I felt when Decapitated played Spheres of Madness at Brutal Assault while I was on LSD. When the song finished and everyone moved over to the other stage, I grabbed people who I recognised and told them I had just had the most intense experience of my life and didn't know if I could cope. I ended up grabbing some whiskey and coke from the bar and washing down half a benzo, and I couldn't get into Oathbreaker because the experience I'd just had was so incredible. Decapitated announced they were playing in my city soon afterwards and I bought a ticket lightening-fast.

But Decapitated never made the show, because someone accused them of rape in the US shortly afterwards. :'(

Ha! Enjoyed this story, and that tune. But fucking hell the bass drum sound is ridiculously clicky!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mate.