Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spelunky 2

Started by Norton Canes, September 15, 2020, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

brat-sampson

Or already on PS4!

Hate to say it, but this is a brilliant, incredible game that I probably just won't actually... play. I appreciated the original a lot, but I was rubbish at it, like barely getting out of the first biome bad, and at the end of the day I wound up finding watching other people play it and uncover all the secrets more interesting than playing it myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's hidden in this one too, but I'll probably just watch from the sidelines this time.

I'm speaking only as a lone weirdo though, by all rights the game's amazing and people should be playing it. S'just me.

prwc

I've played the original possibly more than any other game. It's a true piece of genius design. Still never managed a hell run to my shame. I don't quite feel ready to move on from the original yet but I'm pleased to see fans of it raving about this. I may wait for the heavily rumoured Switch port, which seems the ideal format for it. It's baffling the first one has yet to make it to that console.

brat-sampson

Actually, yeah, tbh if/when it dropped/drops on Switch I know I'll buy it...

evilcommiedictator

I really, really want to like Spelunky, but fuck me, it's just not fun. Game is for sadists eh.

Norton Canes

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 16, 2020, 02:51:10 AM
I really, really want to like Spelunky, but fuck me, it's just not fun. Game is for sadists eh

And masochists

prwc

It was laughable for me to think I could hold out getting this until some unannounced port comes by. I'm delighted from playing it most of yesterday that it's everything I could've hoped for. It definitely doesn't reinvent much but it polishes and expands on an already incredibly refined original.

basterfeldt

I love Spelunky 2. I've died so much and god knows how long it will be until I manage to finish it, but every couple runs I discover something new I can do/can be done to me and I bloody love it. Have made it up to world 4
Spoiler alert
????
[close]
finally and can't wait to learn what I've missed a long the way.

Famous Mortimer

The original game is $2.24 on GOG.com at the moment, if anyone never played it and wants a go.

bomb_dog

I'm finding this harder than the first game and frequently die before I get to the jungle/lava-hell level, though at one point I was top 1000 in the daily runs on the first game. Completely lost the knack plus there are some really nasty baddies like the burrowing pig thing and spiky-jumpy pangolin thing that just seem to get me out of nowhere.

Still only seen the end-of-level-two Olmec twice so far. Hard.