Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Internet Impermanence

Started by touchingcloth, September 16, 2020, 12:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I've just been on a bit of a dive through the annals of CaB, and found a load of posts which were unintelligible due to dead links, mainly Photobucket, Tinypic and Twitter.

Is there owt that can be done about this? On CaB I've pretty much always linked images via Imgur due to Tinypic going shite around the time I joined here, but recently they have made it more difficult to post from mobile without the app or on desktop without whitelisting them from adblockers.

Is there anything similar to an image upload site which allows for perma-archiving of posts on the twit twits?

Zetetic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Zetetic on September 16, 2020, 12:18:29 AM
https://archive.today or similar?

Does that work for things like twitter threads? A lot of archive services - even Wayback - seem to skip over images to save space.

Can't wait till all those pics of my tiny penis vanish from the internet tbh.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 16, 2020, 12:23:52 AM
Does that work for things like twitter threads? A lot of archive services - even Wayback - seem to skip over images to save space.

Wayback machine is really hit & miss.  This year I've started finding sites from over 10 years ago where I've been able to download mp3's, a 30mb mov file, and even a 100-ish mb zip file, and yet on other sites the images aren't even all there.

The Mollusk

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on September 16, 2020, 12:53:22 AM
Can't wait till all those pics of my tiny penis vanish from the internet tbh.

You'd like that, wouldn't you? But thanks to people like me, it will never happen.

idunnosomename

Post from mobile with quickimgur app. You just choose the file and it copies the url to clipboard. Toilet-based screenshotting fun for all