Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop newbie problem

Started by His Name Is Death, September 16, 2020, 11:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just tried copying two vector graphics from Illustrator into Photoshop as Vector Smart Objects. However, the problem I'm having is that, even if Object 2 is placed below Object in the layer hierarchy, Object 2 doesn't appear behind Object 1. It's as if Photoshop isn't treating them as separate layers.

Converting them to layers or rasterising the images doesn't improve matters, so what should I do? I'm guessing this is a fairly basic problem and I'm being useless but I can't find a solution to it.

ASFTSN

Can you post a screengrab of your Layers hierarchy menu window?

EDIT: or PM if you don't want to share images obviously

Capt.Midnight

Can't remember which way round it is, but if you open illustrator and photoshop, you should be able to Ctrl C the objects in Illustrator and paste it into photoshop. Try doing this one at a time and see if it makes a difference.

Also, check your blend and opacity settings on the objects. Is one set to Multiply, or Overlay perhaps? Tough to know without screenshots to be honest.