Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Barbados to Lizzy - 'Get Stuffed!'

Started by Blumf, September 16, 2020, 12:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-54174794
QuoteBarbados has announced its intention to remove Queen Elizabeth as its head of state and become a republic.

"The time has come to fully leave our colonial past behind," the Caribbean island nation's government said.

It aims to complete the process in time for the 55th anniversary of independence from Britain, in November 2021.

Our monarchy keeps on losing territory, I think we need a better one.

idunnosomename

I was told that Barbados is closer than you think

gilbertharding

Cool. I wonder if they will stay in the commonwealth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMany of the 15 countries that are currently part of the Queen's realm seem to value the relationship it provides with her and the United Kingdom

State-affiliated media's stenographer cunt there

Bazooka

Traitors,hang em high! Not had a war for ages.

Glebe

"This is the worst thing that's happened to the Royal Family this year," says Queen. "It was all going great until this."

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 16, 2020, 01:40:51 PM
State-affiliated media's stenographer cunt there
There's a really weird bit where the BBC's diplomatic expert starts talking about Black Lives Matters and "And if this happens, and the removal of the Queen as head of state is placed on a par with, say, the removal of a statue of a slave trader, then that could pose difficult questions for both the British royal family and the Commonwealth." As though republicanism is an act of vandalism that only uppity Blacks with a chip on their shoulder do, rather than something that e.g. the Australians have been threatening for decades. What sort of madman wouldn't want a queen? Sycophants.

idunnosomename

Say i say I say, I heard a nation in the Caribbean no longer has the Queen as its head of state!

Jamaica?

Nothing to do with me!

Pijlstaart

Fucking love looking at the queen, etchings of her, impressionist paintings, even queen-shaped chips. Love the physical aspects of Queen. Think she's been folded too many times, but why? Guess that'll all be banned now, queen effigies, it's not inclusive enough, nevermind what we'd like thank you very much. Why do none of your collectible plates depict refugees, they'll say, they're the real queens, not God's English Queen. Saw this little hijabby-jabby girl going to a birthday party in a princess costume; "it's not for you", I hissed, "that's the property of the royal family", but if I'd thumped her, suddenly I'd be the bad guy.

"Oooh, I'm from Barbados, I want to be able to eat swans. Oooh, I'm from Barbados, I'm not subject to queens of old, only the tempestuous Caribbean sea." Oooooh. Shouldn't have done this, you fucking idiots, we're coming for you now, Christ's Vengeance on Bastard Island, full drubbing, orchestral, going to run a perspex log-flume through your death pits so young patriots can learn what happens to traitors.

Alberon

Quote from: Bazooka on September 16, 2020, 02:48:05 PM
Traitors,hang em high! Not had a war for ages.

We'd probably lose. If we'd sent our aircraft carriers we'd probably only be able to throw rocks at them.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 16, 2020, 03:21:26 PM
There's a really weird bit where the BBC's diplomatic expert starts talking about Black Lives Matters and "And if this happens, and the removal of the Queen as head of state is placed on a par with, say, the removal of a statue of a slave trader, then that could pose difficult questions for both the British royal family and the Commonwealth." As though republicanism is an act of vandalism that only uppity Blacks with a chip on their shoulder do, rather than something that e.g. the Australians have been threatening for decades. What sort of madman wouldn't want a queen? Sycophants.

Dangerous nationalist psychopaths is, I believe, the accepted description.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Republicanism isn't psychopathy, it's common sense.

Jittlebags

I think that Barbados have lined up Baroness Dido Harding as new Head of State.

Rolf Lundgren

Having a monarchy is actually great for tourism so this decision will hit Barbados hard.

idunnosomename

i mean i hope we have a gotcha! moment on barbados for this nonsense

is it near the canary islands or something? will show it what for

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on September 16, 2020, 11:55:08 PM
Having a monarchy is actually great for tourism so this decision will hit Barbados hard.
Wait till they get history's greatest Barbadian, Rihanna, as head of state. Or failing that, "T-shirt" singer Shontelle.