Author Topic: Limited edition DEATH double bobblehead, and other bizarre merch  (Read 305 times)

The Mollusk

• The answer my friend is blowing in the mind
Limited edition DEATH double bobblehead, and other bizarre merch
« on: September 16, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »

Just seen this in the newsletter emails from Relapse Records and laughed my (bobble) head off. It's totally fucking stupid but at the same time I would legit have that on my shelf and be proud of it.

I've got a few daft bits of merch, my favourite being the limited edition socks I got in the VIP package when I saw Ween in Colorado for their reunion shows:

I've obviously never worn them or even taken them out of the packaging card thing.

I also have this Super Furries reg plate signed by Bunf from their comeback show in London in (I think) 2015:

I really like it but I also have no idea what to do with it, since it's such a boring looking thing to have on the wall or anything, so it's just nestled on a shelving unit behind a couple of plants and miscellaneous decorations.

Tell us about your wacky merch.

Re: Limited edition DEATH double bobblehead, and other bizarre merch
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 01:33:55 PM »
I won a Kiki Dee badge at a fairground in about 1983.

[Accidentally, obviously. They had good items prominently on display in this "prize guaranteed" game, but the above is what you actually got. I suppose they could say they were educating kids about being scammed by scamming them.]

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:46:51 PM »
Hate this shit, especially with one of the sickest album covers ever /grump.

I'm not surprised things like this exist though. I remember seeing those Show No Mercy baphomet action figures and thinking who would ever buy this? Then speaking to a friend who had purchased it immediately when he saw it.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:35:41 PM »
The healer doesn't look enough like Charlie Higson on the toy.

Death's discography has recently just been released on swanky coloured vinyl. I think Chuck's estate are a little too aggressive with this stuff and doubt he would have cared for this tacky shit (although I couldn't give a fuck because he was a great talent and writer but a BRAT).

Kiss need a spot in this thread, they've had some ridiculous shit over the years.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »
I love Death but that's just weird!

Wasn't there some special edition Rammstein album which came with a large set of dildos and butt plugs?

Tags: