Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limited edition DEATH double bobblehead, and other bizarre merch

Started by The Mollusk, September 16, 2020, 01:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Just seen this in the newsletter emails from Relapse Records and laughed my (bobble) head off. It's totally fucking stupid but at the same time I would legit have that on my shelf and be proud of it.

I've got a few daft bits of merch, my favourite being the limited edition socks I got in the VIP package when I saw Ween in Colorado for their reunion shows:

I've obviously never worn them or even taken them out of the packaging card thing.

I also have this Super Furries reg plate signed by Bunf from their comeback show in London in (I think) 2015:

I really like it but I also have no idea what to do with it, since it's such a boring looking thing to have on the wall or anything, so it's just nestled on a shelving unit behind a couple of plants and miscellaneous decorations.

Tell us about your wacky merch.

grainger

I won a Kiki Dee badge at a fairground in about 1983.

[Accidentally, obviously. They had good items prominently on display in this "prize guaranteed" game, but the above is what you actually got. I suppose they could say they were educating kids about being scammed by scamming them.]

ASFTSN

Hate this shit, especially with one of the sickest album covers ever /grump.

I'm not surprised things like this exist though. I remember seeing those Show No Mercy baphomet action figures and thinking who would ever buy this? Then speaking to a friend who had purchased it immediately when he saw it.

magval

The healer doesn't look enough like Charlie Higson on the toy.

Death's discography has recently just been released on swanky coloured vinyl. I think Chuck's estate are a little too aggressive with this stuff and doubt he would have cared for this tacky shit (although I couldn't give a fuck because he was a great talent and writer but a BRAT).

Kiss need a spot in this thread, they've had some ridiculous shit over the years.

thugler

I love Death but that's just weird!

Wasn't there some special edition Rammstein album which came with a large set of dildos and butt plugs?