Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jim Davidson in Racist Rant Shocker

Started by Flouncer, September 16, 2020, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

I've just discovered that national treasure and CaB favourite Jim Davidson has a YouTube channel which, shockingly, features him making racist remarks. He has recently set his sights on Britain's Got Talent dance group Diversity.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jim-davidson-slammed-after-saying-22688632

He takes umbrage at white people supporting BLM, in particular "young white girls walking around with banners," then makes reference to a white lass who he claims was mugged by three black men, and suggests that the group should do a mugging themed dance. He then shifts focus to, er, brown people in general, who he blames for the resurgence in Covid cases:

QuoteThe BAME community, what the fuck does that mean? The Asian community who have big families are taking no notice and staying together. They have a bubble of 300 in a fucking house. This is why it is happening in these areas. These areas are predominantly BAME areas. So fucking sort yourselves out, instead of walking around doing knees and protesting. Save your family!

He also speaks out on the lack of white representation on our TV screens, saying:

QuoteYou don't see white couples on adverts anymore, do you? Most TV presenters are non-white. The Golden Girls, you know that film The Golden Girls with all them old birds? That's being made by black people.

This incisive social commentary has gained him much support amongst the gammon community salt of the earth British public. So, what do you think, Cook'd and Bomb'd user? Has are Jim's freeze peach been employed judiciously, or has he gone too far with these comments?

Pink Gregory

Jim Davidson in entirely predictable behaviour shocker.

mippy

Surprised he even knows the term BAME, given that he complained in an interview about a visit from a 'female taxman'.

mippy

I watch fucktons of adverts, more than Captain Gibraltar here, and yes, there are white people on them. When I was growing up there weren't many black people on them. Not even many regional accents. So fuck.

badaids

I don't know what is more horrible, the Neanderthal views and lack of empathy, compassion and understanding, or the realisation that my mother looks exactly - like identical - to Jim Davidson.

Gulftastic

A young person on twitter described him as 'another secret racist'.

I envy her ignorance. She hasn't been alive for most of his career.

Shit Good Nose

Pot as many blacks and browns as you can.

Genuinely think this would be better off in General Bullshit, and not just because he's not funny.

SpiderChrist

He's a fucking cunt. The only time I want to hear about him is when someone is leathering the almighty bejasus out of his corpse with an office chair as it swings from a lamppost.

jobotic

Get him on Question Time!

New BBC prime time show this time next year.

Absorb the anus burn

Flouncer

I didn't even know there was a Golden Girls remake, no mention of it in this so called "Comedy Chat"

*cut to someone posting link*

Rizla

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 16, 2020, 07:55:06 PM
He's a fucking cunt. The only time I want to hear about him is when someone is leathering the almighty bejasus out of his corpse with an office chair as it swings from a lamppost.

Now that is funny. Made me snort wine out my nose.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Why does Jim Davidson think anyone gives a shit what he thinks about anything? He looks like a swamp creature with a wig on, he did a game show in the 90s about fucking snooker or something, then he was racist, and that's it. Waste of cells.

Ferris

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on September 16, 2020, 08:37:48 PM
Why does Jim Davidson think anyone gives a shit what he thinks about anything? He looks like a swamp creature with a wig on, he did a game show in the 90s about fucking snooker or something, then he was racist, and that's it. Waste of cells.

Wegger on the money.

jobotic

He was also racist before and presumably during the snooker show.

Flouncer

Quote from: jobotic on September 16, 2020, 08:46:06 PM
He was also racist before and presumably during the snooker show.

There's a particularly awful example of that. One episode I've seen features a young James Wattana (at that time the only Asian player in the professional rankings) and every time Jim speaks to him, he's mocking his accent and doing Ching Chong Chinaman level banter. Proper deeply unpleasant shit on a Saturday night BBC 1 show, with the audience laughing along with him. They cut these bits out when Challenge rebroadcast it, so there's an awkward cut where he'd normally speak to the player.

Blumf

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 16, 2020, 08:17:16 PM
I didn't even know there was a Golden Girls remake, no mention of it in this so called "Comedy Chat"

*cut to someone posting link*

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a33954970/watch-tracee-ellis-ross-golden-girls-remake/
QuoteTracee Ellis Ross, Regina King, Alfre Woodard, and Sanaa Lathan are joining forces for a rendition of The Golden Girls hosted virtually on Zoom Tuesday night.

The mini remake is directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood and hosted by Lena Waithe.

The event benefits Color of Change, the country's largest online racial justice organization

I think Mr Davidson has got a bit ahead of himself there.

He did release a Christmas record in 1980. Chalky White singing White Christmas. I'm not even making that up.

batwings

Reconsidering my fan club membership after this outburst.

Glebe

Really disappointed in Davidson over this.

Cold Meat Platter

Joe Oakes

"So fucking sort yourselves out, instead of walking around doing knees..."

To be fair, black people shouldn't be walking around doing knees. They might fall over.

oy vey

I know it's been decades but any moment he will turn to us and give a wry wink. It's tantric Ricky Gervais.

mippy

There was a drag version of The Golden Girls on stage, wonder if that pisses him off as much.

bomb_dog

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on September 16, 2020, 09:00:04 PM
He did release a Christmas record in 1980. Chalky White singing White Christmas. I'm not even making that up.

Had to look it up - didn't take long. It's just...there... a poor 'impression' singing, then a few spoken lines over the middle eight, then a kids choir. https://youtu.be/J5QH5MyBCPI

Comments below it include people remembering seeing it on Tiswas and TOTP. Plus the usual 'he's not racist and PC has gone too far' comments

Rizla

I'd quite like to know how he ended up in this.

Anyone seen the whole film?

Ray Travez

Quote from: Glebe on September 16, 2020, 09:08:30 PM
Really disappointed in Davidson over this.

Me too. I'm beginning to lose some of the respect I had for him.

non capisco

Nothing has made me more proud to come from Dartford than that child at a pantomime at the Orchard Theatre who answered Jim Davidson's line "Don't you know who I am?!' with "Yeah, you're a fucking wanker." Jagger meeting Richards > that heckle. And I love the Rolling Stones.