Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unofficial Boards of Canada Doc on Youtube

Started by BlodwynPig, September 16, 2020, 08:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Really good piece of work with plenty of new information...I'd almost forgotten they ever existed it's been so long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3b6EEltD4

Watch right until the end, the last few seconds...!!!???!

Pingers

Cheers Blodders. Boards of Canada soundtracked my lockdown, I found them the perfect combination of closely comforting and yet expansive. I'll give this a watch.

Pingers

A lovely piece of self-effacing art, that. Boards of Canada are surely heroes to anyone worth their salt, and able to create a mystique almost impossible in modernity.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on September 17, 2020, 12:47:23 AM
A lovely piece of self-effacing art, that. Boards of Canada are surely heroes to anyone worth their salt, and able to create a mystique almost impossible in modernity.

Glad you enjoyed. I thought for a fan doc it was handled really well, was informative and evocative of their aesthetic. What did you make of that final 2 second clip?!!

SpiderChrist

I skipped right to the end (will watch it in full later). WTF?

Pauline Walnuts

Would watch but for that really dated music they've got in the background, it's like one of those early 2000 Channel 4 documentary on funny looking penises or something.

Pingers

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 17, 2020, 08:49:36 AM
Glad you enjoyed. I thought for a fan doc it was handled really well, was informative and evocative of their aesthetic. What did you make of that final 2 second clip?!!

Yeah, I also liked how some statements were qualified with things like 'in my opinion', a refreshing change to annoyingly bold and very arguable statements made in many mainstream documentaries. That there are 6 largely unheard albums is so tantalising.

As for the last few seconds, no idea. Possibly some reference for superfans who spend a lot of time on BoC fan sites.

Did you ever get round to watching Pretend We're Dead?

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on September 17, 2020, 01:20:38 PM
Yeah, I also liked how some statements were qualified with things like 'in my opinion', a refreshing change to annoyingly bold and very arguable statements made in many mainstream documentaries. That there are 6 largely unheard albums is so tantalising.

As for the last few seconds, no idea. Possibly some reference for superfans who spend a lot of time on BoC fan sites.

Did you ever get round to watching Pretend We're Dead?

bloody hell, I'm a bad CaB-buddy, if Gove/Cummings/Boris allows, I will try and make time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on September 17, 2020, 01:20:38 PM

Or those moments in pre-2000s where a TV programme would be suddenly interrupted by an odd / eerie and unrelated insert that causes unease in the viewer.

phes

Thanks BP. Enjoyed this for the most part and learned some bits and bobs. Always a pleasure to see enthusiastic amateur stuff that doesn't make you want to launch the tv at the wall like a lot of commercial docs

Aside from all the interesting bits and bobs, what it left me with was a sense of awe at just how many incredible little melodies they created/sampled. My personal favorite is that in Kaini Industries