Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Has anyone ever told you rock and roll is dead?

Started by popcorn, September 16, 2020, 09:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Has anyone ever told you rock and roll is dead?

Has anyone ever said to you, get with the times, grandad - rock and roll is dead?

Do you believe that rock and roll is dead?

Do you believe that rock and roll is dead?!

popcorn

I'll show you rock and roll!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

popcorn

Glebe

You can't go around making scurrilous claims about people telling you that rock and roll is dead, popcorn. Oh wait you can, 'cos you're always saying spurious things.

popcorn

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Glebe

popcorn

Glebe

Ferris

I just paid for the shipping on my old telecaster custom that I put together from bits when I was 16 or 17. I removed the stock wide range pickups (I%u2019m not a fucking square) and put in a high ohm set from a friend%u2019s Gibson Marauder that he didn%u2019t want any more (lunatic).

What colour is it? Glad you asked - the body was from a stock early %u201800s Fender tele custom reissue in black - naturally I used a belt sander I nicked from my dad when he wasn%u2019t looking and took the finish off the front and back (but not the sides) so it was refinished maple, with the original black finish around the edges.

Naturally as a 17 your old I played in a terrible punk band and used this to smash cymbals towards the end of shows in awful pubs in and around the post-industrial west midlands. This left terrible welts in my guitar that I covered over with black electrician%u2019s tape. The logo on the headstock was almost completely destroyed in a cigarette/cider incident after a show at the Wheatsheaf upstairs room in Walsall (do look for it, it is still there).

As I grew older and more refined, so did my guitar. In my early 20s I spray painted the whole body white. The tape warped revealing small cracks of the original maple/black finish. I changed the neck pickup for a PAF humbucker I got cheap on eBay that was a similar output. I replaced one of the tone knobs that was getting a bit shonky.

During a period of being incredibly poor prior to the age of around 23 or so, I sold 6 or 7 guitars as well as 2 synthesizers and all of my effects pedals. Annoyingly the %u201880s Japanese fender mustang & Jaguar, along with the two-pickup Gibson melody maker and the fender fuzz/wah reissue that went out the door (to pay for some mundane bullshit like gas or whatever) are all now considered collectors items and can%u2019t be replaced because they%u2019re quite rare and no prick will sell them to me. I%u2019ve tried buying them back. The tele custom that I built myself was the one guitar I couldn%u2019t bring myself to sell. It%u2019s lived in the UK for about 10 years while I%u2019ve roamed around the world, playing it once or twice a year if I%u2019m lucky while visiting my parents.

It%u2019ll be here in two weeks. I%u2019m so excited.

THAT%u2019S ROCK AND ROLL.

Ferris

Sorry I'm a bit drunk. State of those apostrophes.

Glebe

Ferris

Now, that story about the guitar isn't true.

But I think what it tells us about rock and roll is true.

Tony Tony Tony

Don't tell these four toughs Rock and Roll is dead.

They would beat the shit out of you.

Glebe