Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Was this head teacher right?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 17, 2020, 05:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Does anyone else think that sending a letter to parents blaming staff for an outbreak of covid at his school is a fairly unreasonable thing to do?

They were within the guidelines at time and, while it might not have been the best idea given the number of people, publicly berating the staff will break down trust between all the teachers there and parents.

Teaching is a hard enough job without headteachers acting like this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-54161544
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/school-headteacher-blames-staff-party-22696921

Attila

The real crime here is that the note from the headmaster is in comic sans (the choice, too, of my uni VC)

Captain Z

QuoteStaff blamed for Covid outbreak at Bacup primary school

Let's hope he's got some backup teachers, eh readers?!

MojoJojo

There seems to be a gap in training somewhere with primary headteachers and communication. The communication from my kids school was shit, although it's improved now.

The comic sans is further evidence of this.

Icehaven

Quote from: BBC ArticleHe said he had "spent many hours over the weekend" trying to work out why so many staff were becoming ill as he had not been told about the gathering.

I think he's just bitter as he wasn't invited to the party.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: icehaven on September 18, 2020, 08:27:12 PM
I think he's just bitter as he wasn't invited to the party.

Relieved more like

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Head teacher is learning that blaming others for his own failures will take him far.