Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,356
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

QT tonight

Started by pancreas, September 17, 2020, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 18, 2020, 08:58:59 AM
No, just the way the idea works as confined to what you've scoped out in your head would do that.

Have you thought about writing a piece in The Conversation?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 18, 2020, 08:58:59 AM
No, just the way the idea works as confined to what you've scoped out in your head would do that.

Whatevs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 18, 2020, 08:44:28 AM
3 weeks is not enough. You'll need to do an uncertainty analysis on your preferred solution Shoulders.

3 weeks, 4 weeks, up to a point that isn't important. We understand this measure isn't going to eradicate the virus but it could starve it of transmission points globally and reduce the cases to such a low ebb if properly co-ordinated that with a phased reopening we could buy ourselves real time.

For all those about to swoop in with 'Yes, but', there is a thread about this in Remain Indoors which explored those.

It's either a global response or the shielding 'Sweden model' or which protects the more vulnerable or what we currently have, a mess of uncertainty that isn't keeping infections down and will lead to further lockdowns and mass death anyway, so isn't sustainable and is not an option.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 18, 2020, 09:03:02 AM
Whatevs.

Yes, whatevs. However, it should be fair enough to state that the value of an idea isn't limited to the amount of thinking time afforded to it by a single individual.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 18, 2020, 09:08:40 AM
Yes, whatevs. However, it should be fair enough to state that the value of an idea isn't limited to the amount of thinking time afforded to it by a single individual.

Thank you. I will remember that. It is a very valuable lesson that I have learned today.

Cuellar

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 18, 2020, 09:08:40 AM

Yes. Try to remember this, Shoulders.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zetetic on September 18, 2020, 08:53:09 AM
No idea what the consensus is about the long 'ViD now, other than that I can't get anyone else to call it that.

Why, the Novara lot were calling it that only yesterday. You are winning.