Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,188
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Third Day

Started by batwings, September 17, 2020, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batwings

And festival goers getting turned back when they reached Osea.

Enjoying the atmosphere of this so far.

magval

There's your man that looks like Serafinowicz. Is that the first 'character' who's popped up? I've been in and out of the room.

batwings

Quote from: magval on October 03, 2020, 10:33:36 AM
There's your man that looks like Serafinowicz. Is that the first 'character' who's popped up? I've been in and out of the room.

Essex Rocky? I must have missed him.

Pseudopath

Bit eerie this, innit? Not sure I can manage another 10 hours, but it's surprisingly engaging for a single tracking shot.

batwings

The shite weather is adding to the atmosphere, I feel.

Pseudopath

Quote from: batwings on October 03, 2020, 11:17:15 AM
The shite weather is adding to the atmosphere, I feel.

Yeah...I was thinking yesterday how the crap weather might ruin it, but it's done exactly the opposite. It is called Autumn, I suppose.

magval

It's very like the earliest stages of Resident Evil 4. Just silently observing villagers, different to you, doing normal things under a grey sky with that sort of ominous swirly non-music. Fingers crossed for a giant robot midget. Lot can happen in 9 hours.

I think the TV series is very visually influenced by modern video game colouring, too.

batwings

Haven't seen any of those weird crickets yet.

Wonder what these straw guys are gonna be used for? Chucked on a big fuck off bonfire?

purlieu

Looking forward to the BluRay release of this.

batwings

Jude Law's had a rough lockdown by the look of things.

kittens

definitely seen at least 2 cuts in this so far, with people walking in front of the camera and it suddenly jumping. plus that little bit just now where they cut to jude law in a blue place

batwings

Quote from: kittens on October 03, 2020, 12:59:51 PM
definitely seen at least 2 cuts in this so far, with people walking in front of the camera and it suddenly jumping. plus that little bit just now where they cut to jude law in a blue place

They're defintely switching cameras at certain points, the raindrops on the lenses make it obvious.

kittens

maybe that's it. i'd like to believe it actually is all live

kidsick5000

Tonight: Gravedigging live from Osea

kittens

there was definitely a cut just now. don't think this is live boys. scammed us

batwings

Quote from: kittens on October 03, 2020, 01:11:46 PM
maybe that's it. i'd like to believe it actually is all live

I suspect it's to do with camera battery length. I think there was another switch just now when a Land Rover drove past.

batwings

Quote from: kittens on October 03, 2020, 02:01:31 PM
there was definitely a cut just now. don't think this is live boys. scammed us

They were lucky with the weather then.

kittens

maybe they are just changing the camera, but that one when the car drove past was very jarring. dunno

batwings

Imagine if Lynch had done something like this with Twin Peaks. I realise that this show has the advantage of being set on a real island that they have the run of but I would have loved to see the Twin Peaks cast just quietly going through a day in the town. Ed working in his garage. Jacoby taking a long, slow walk in the woods. Sarah Palmer watching wildlife programs in real time. All set to an ambient Badalamenti score.

batwings

batwings

This is getting better and better. The visuals during the sea pole sequence and now these hanging straw men.

kittens

this is something isn't it. is judy law dead or what

Chriddof

Quote from: kittens on October 03, 2020, 02:11:47 PM
maybe they are just changing the camera, but that one when the car drove past was very jarring. dunno

It is live, but it's broadcast on a delay, so they have a small amount of time to muck about with things on the fly before it's actually aired.

kidsick5000

Anyone expecting it to turn sinister?

kidsick5000

I can't help but feel we're just watching the cast an crew having a nicely filmed jolly.
It has very little bearing on what we've seen of the island so far

kittens

this bit seems rather lazy

Pseudopath

This just needs to end with Emily Watson saying "Same time tomorrow then, Sam?" then winking to the camera and it'll be perfect.

magval

Did Paddy Considine appear at all?

Pseudopath

Quote from: magval on October 03, 2020, 09:17:19 PM
Did Paddy Considine appear at all?

I thought that was him shouting "Don't touch him!" during the resurrection scene? Or was that another character? Not too hot on my Biblical allegories.

EDIT: Actually, neither Paddy nor Emily were in the cast list. Although I could have sworn I saw her earlier. Weird.

Pseudopath

Fucking hell. Clap, clap, clap though. That was an incredible piece of television. A few technical glitches and a bit aimless in places, but massive kudos to all involved. Hope Jude Law gets a lie-in tomorrow.