Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Free PC Games

Started by Cold Meat Platter, September 19, 2020, 12:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread for all the free PC games that you can get these days thanks to game store hegemony.

Have found this site as a good source of free game news:
https://www.indiegamebundles.com/category/free/

Noticed that Football Manager 2020 is free at the moment for you football headz.
Epic gives away so many games it's hard to keep up. Post anything worth the hard drive space from any platform, steam, epic, ubi etc. here.

evilcommiedictator

I use Opera GX to watch twitch, the start page there has lots if deals, will post em when I see em. I'd argue Football Manager is a bigger giveaway than GTA 5 and Civ 6 maybe?

Cold Meat Platter

Cheers dude. Not sure about numbers but the GTA giveaway certainly buggered up the Rockstar servers for a while.

bgmnts

Diolch yn fawr for this! FM 20 and the Twitch prime games will keep me going til November hopefully.

beanheadmcginty

I've always been very jealous of my friends who got addicted to Football Manager. Is it possible for someone like me who has zero interest in football to get into it?

There are some really great freeware doujin shmups that arOWWW! You caught my fucking toe in the door there!
Alright, alright, I'm going! Jesus!

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on September 21, 2020, 11:45:06 AM
There are some really great freeware doujin shmups that arOWWW! You caught my fucking toe in the door there!
Alright, alright, I'm going! Jesus!

I like a game of Guwange or DoDonpachi as much as the next man. OR WOMAN (thanks Stan. Sorry! Loretta). Get them posted if they're free and worth hammering the fire button for.

evilcommiedictator

When you're in doubt, the Steam free games is always worth a check out, there was really a big splurge in free games earlier in the year, but seems to have quietened down now (yay lockdown!)
top selling steam free games
Warframe, TF2, LOTRO and the (actual) World of ... games for Dads are all quality

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 22, 2020, 12:25:51 AM
When you're in doubt, the Steam free games is always worth a check out, there was really a big splurge in free games earlier in the year, but seems to have quietened down now (yay lockdown!)
top selling steam free games
Warframe, TF2, LOTRO and the (actual) World of ... games for Dads are all quality

Yep may as well include free to play games, at least the ones that aren't exploitative Skinner boxes. War Thunder is good and I've been playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive a wee bit recently.
Hit me up on Steam as Crabsantler if yous fancy. wee go on the counter strikes.

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on September 21, 2020, 11:22:22 PMI like a game of Guwange or DoDonpachi as much as the next man.

Good lad! Sorry for the late reply.

Blue Wish Resurrection Plus and Dokingan are two of my favourites.

I remember there being a few subreddits that kept up with the latest game freebies, have you had a look into that? These seem to be quite active from a quick google.

https://old.reddit.com/r/freegames/
https://old.reddit.com/r/FreeGameFindings/

JamesTC

Rocket League is going free to play on all platforms tomorrow. Ruddy good game, that.

Ha! It was going fucky on the PS4 (common problem from a quick google) so my nephew just bought it yesterday for the PC. I already had it on my steam account but he's not getting that! Little bugger's nabbed everything else!
What do we get for buying it 3 times? A kick in the cods, I'd wager!

evilcommiedictator

There's a $10 voucher for installing Rocket League on Epic, picked up The Outer Worlds and Outer Wilds on sale atm

evilcommiedictator

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 free on Epic this week(end)

evilcommiedictator

For the Rocket League change above, Steam owners need to link their purchase to an Epic account to play, that's going to make a lot of them happier, right.....

"3 out of 10", an adventure game about a bad game studio, is still free on Epic atm

evilcommiedictator

"Pikuniku" a puzzle/adventure game is free on Epic this week

I picked up Pikuniku on the Switch in a sale ages ago. It's hilarious and well worth a look.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on September 22, 2020, 10:38:34 PM
Blue Wish Resurrection Plus
Had a quick go of this: strong Donpachi vibes, really good shooter, especially freeware, cheers. Need to get the arcade stick connected back up. Not had a MAMEfest in a while either.

Cold Meat Platter

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam free on Epic tomorrow. Rising Storm 1/Red Orchestra 2 (games are merged into 1) is one of the few online only shooters I still play and Rising storm 2 is a great bunch of lads, so I hear. Almost bought this in a Steam sale a few weeks ago but the sale ended while I was browsing Steam.

evilcommiedictator

Abzu is also free on Epic tomorrow, for those who might enjoy underwater walking simulators, it looks nice and cartoony and stylish, but is a walking simulator/screensaver.

Rising Storm Vietnam 2 is also an interesting game, I got it after playing and eventually getting the hang of Red Orchestra 2. It is a brutal, "realistic" shooter

Cold Meat Platter

Folks it's the big one. The mother lode.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is FREE on Steam.

Finally a way to play this obscure gem that doesn't break the bank.

JamesTC

Hill Top Zone is the best.

evilcommiedictator

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Kingdom - New Lands are free this week on Epic, the former a horror walking simulator, the latter, a mobile game ported to PC which contains some management and planning to get the sheer luck to have done the right thing at the right time

evilcommiedictator

Streets Of Kamurocho free on Steam as part of the 60th Sega thing - if you sign up at their site at https://www.sega60th.com/ you can also get a copy of NIGHTS into Dreams on Steam if you link your account to SEGA.
Also Free as part of the 60th are Golden Axed - a "crunched" games form 8 years ago that's being released, and a Total-War card game too

Shit Good Nose

Sadly I don't have the time these days, but I'm going to say a big thank you to you lot anyway for old time's sake as, during a particularly dark and difficult few years around a decade ago, PC strategy games (a couple of which I see in the above links) and Mystery Science Theater 3000 were about the only things that kept me going.

A thread for me to bookmark for future perhaps...

evilcommiedictator

Europa Universalis II free on GoG as "1 month till Cyperpunk" promotion
https://www.gog.com/game/europa_universalis_ii

evilcommiedictator

Blair Witch and Ghostbusters: The Video Game free on Epic this week, both GOG and Steam have also started their "Halloween" special, lots of games with vague horror themes discounted

evilcommiedictator

Kingdom: Classic for free on humble subscription
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kingdom-classic-free-game

Kingdom: Classic already free on Steam, they're trying to get you to buy the new versions

evilcommiedictator

Dungeons 3 Free on Epic this week, A Dungeon Keeper-inspired game, and I either purchased or got for free the prior game, Dungeons 2 on Steam, so eagerly going to play this one for zilch

evilcommiedictator

The Textorcist is free on Epic this week - typing of the dead style.
Elite Dangerous free next week.....