Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2-Player Games on the PS4

Started by Puce Moment, September 19, 2020, 03:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

I have a lot of open, long and sandbox style games on my PS4 but really I would like some fun, exciting and enjoyable 2-player games to play with my wife. My memories of playing SNES with Bomberman and MarioKart fill me with a great deal of nostalgic excitement but I'm struggling to find anything with that kind of gameplay for my new console.

Any suggestions for 2-player games with short rounds in that tradition for the PS4?

I'm quite happy watching my wife play Gris - and she is delighted to watch me play nonsense like GTA and Fall Guys and the like. But I would like something we can both play in the evening.

Also, on a related note, which Mortal Kombat should I be aiming to get? There are a dizzying amount of variables, MK10 or MKX and is it worth looking at bundles?

Famous Mortimer

Is the Jackbox Party Pack stuff the sort of thing you might enjoy?

buttgammon

There's a lot of nostalgic excitement to be had from Crash Team Racing. My girlfriend and I have had to start cooperating on the power-ups we use because it was starting to cause arguments, so it does get a bit intense for a cartoonish racing game.

Timothy

Crash Team Racing is a great shout.

I would recommend The Harry Potter Lego Collection. All games can be played in co-op and they are really fun.

Sin Agog

Towerfall Ascension is a must, and Nidhogg, Speedrunners, and Overcooked should make for some frantic fun.  Brawlhalla's basically a free Smash Bros.  You missed another giant multiplayer sale a month or so ago.  There are also a RIDICULOUS amount of co-op games on PS4 if they're your scene.  I'm surprised they make quite so many, as getting someone to stay still that long must require a fair bit of convincing, but that's what that ring's for.

Rayman Legends has co op, but it also has this multiplayer minigame included called Kung Foot that's surprisingly addictive.

Schmo Diddley

Overcooked is great fun. Unfortunately my wife thinks it's too childish/ridiculous, starts laughing and then loses interest.

Also street fighter.

Bazooka

Rayman Legends yes, it's not only brilliant but it's on sale on the psn store.

Puce, do you have e PS Now?

Puce Moment

Quote from: Bazooka on September 19, 2020, 01:41:04 PM
Rayman Legends yes, it's not only brilliant but it's on sale on the psn store.

Puce, do you have e PS Now?

I just got the latest and most specced out PS4 which is the newest thing and they'll probably never make a PS5 no sirree so all is good.

Guys, I'm running around today but I'm reading this with a great deal of happiness and excitement. Thanks again.

I will check out every and each suggestion! Keep them coming!

Bazooka

Ha no, when I say do you have PS Now?, I mean the streaming games service.

Puce Moment

Don't know mate! I paid for something - is that the thing where you get a couple of games free per month? If so - yes!

Sorry to be so grandad about the whole thing. fucking hell

Sin Agog

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 19, 2020, 04:33:06 PM
Don't know mate! I paid for something - is that the thing where you get a couple of games free per month? If so - yes!

Sorry to be so grandad about the whole thing. fucking hell

That's PS Plus you've got.  It's also your only option if you want to do online multiplayer.  At least on paid games.  You can still do free multiplayer things without it.

madhair60

Don't get Lego Harry Potter. Lego City Undercover is a thousand times better. Also Adam Buxton is in it.

Timothy

Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2020, 06:00:05 PM
Don't get Lego Harry Potter. Lego City Undercover is a thousand times better. Also Adam Buxton is in it.

Lego City Undercover was a great game but not sure how fun it is in co-op.

PSNOW is a great shout by the way. You pay around 40 pounds for a year and get a full library with PS3 and PS4 games. There are a lot of multiplayer games in there. That might be the best option.

These are all the games on PSNOW and more are added (and removed) every month:
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-playstation-now-games