Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rambee Clipper Lighter - Why?

Started by Dr Rock, September 19, 2020, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

I have one of these - the Rambee one - and I don't understand and am scared and confused.

The Mollusk

Don't try to bullshit us. The shopkeeper asked you "any lighter in particular?" and you practically leapt over the counter to get Rambee.

Blinder Data

The Mollusk

the

These raise so very many questions - one that pops out immediately is why the one on the left isn't a pun on 'bee' like the others, and appears to be some sort of mantra for fundamentalist terrorism.

Inspector Norse

These look amazing stocking fillers I'll take 30

Icehaven

I didn't initially notice the "If we die" at the top of the first one and thought it just said "we all die", like a gnomic health warning for smokers. Even the whole phrase doesn't really explain why bee conservation is suddenly the remit of Clipper lighters but alright.

Dr Rock

Quote from: the on September 19, 2020, 12:21:15 PM
These raise so very many questions - one that pops out immediately is why the one on the left isn't a pun on 'bee' like the others, and appears to be some sort of mantra for fundamentalist terrorism.

Mmm. I didn't understand the Rambee one out of any context, but googling the others shows there is a running bee theme. Which doesn't make much sense, it's not like Clipper have always had some yellow and black colour scheme that they are referencing. And then, as you say, one isn't a bee pun at all.

I just looked at Clipper's website, and see they do some 'collections' - like this one

Which is obviously sickening with its promotion of some liberal woke gay agenda.

The Mollusk

Stoners fucking love this novelty shit. Clippers are the best lighter because you can remove the middle bit and use it to poke your spliff down before you light it. I knew a dealer in my home town who had actually bought a big yellow plastic Clipper display carousel with like a hundred fucking Clippers and he would always bring different ones out with him, it was like his thing. Sometimes weed-fuelled imagination is not a good thing. You end up with crippling anxiety and loads of lighters. Idiots.

Sebastian Cobb

Best lighters are the 'HM Prison Only' ones. Getting one without being banged up is the trick.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Anyone watched the latest Rambo film? It's on Amazon video.
My personal highlights:

Spoiler alert
1. Rambo pulls out a man's entire fucking collarbone to get him to talk
[close]
Spoiler alert
2. Rambo pulls out a man's fucking heart and holds it in front of him
[close]
Spoiler alert
3. Rambo has a nice sit down in a rocking chair at the end
[close]

touchingcloth

Why do they all have a bee pun in the title, except IF WE DIE? Would it have been too hard to title it IF BEE DIE BEE ALL DIE?

itsfredtitmus

Anyone think the flame on clipper lighters is too big
cant adjust it, burns fucking everything

Goldentony

cant think of fuck all worse than fun lighters, rambee soaked in three weeks of backed up Spice sodden piss lying on top of a cigarette hole on top of public bins with fuck all in it, little joke there on the lighter there mate, oh yeah, cheers

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Goldentony on September 19, 2020, 08:13:02 PM
cant think of fuck all worse than fun lighters, rambee soaked in three weeks of backed up Spice sodden piss lying on top of a cigarette hole on top of public bins with fuck all in it, little joke there on the lighter there mate, oh yeah, cheers
Yours have a picture of a knob on it too?

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on September 19, 2020, 08:00:23 PM
Anyone think the flame on clipper lighters is too big
cant adjust it, burns fucking everything
Not sure if the design has changed but back in the day there used to be a mechanism you could adjust to make the flame about 6 inches long, which was good for doing buckets, bongs, shotguns etc. Seem to remember it involved prising the metal top bit off to reveal a little switch. I appreciate this would only worsen your gripe with them, but I believe you could also turn it the other way to make the flame more wee.

touchingcloth

The mechanism is shown out front as something you can use to +/- the flame, but if you take the metal guard off you can pop the lever off the cog and turn it up or down by more than when the guard is in place blocking it.

Dr Rock

Yeah not possible with the Rambee version.