Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:51:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jonathan Ross' Comedy Club

Started by billyandthecloneasaurus, September 22, 2020, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 27, 2020, 02:42:42 PM
I'm sure I've heard that he has or at least had a penchant for getting his knob out, something fellow pure cunts like Ricky Gervais and Keith Allen also were known for.

And Chris Evans. I remember Bob Mortimer talking about it on RHLSTP. He sounded really irritated at the memory of it.

NEW PAGE COCK OUT

Menu

Jonathan was really good on the radio on a Saturday morning. Better than anyone apart from Danny Baker(in the 90s). Yes, all the laddish flirting with female guests on TV seems like it's from another age but it didn't really stand out at the time. He is very quick-witted but rarely stretches himself.

petril

before I try and watch this:

is this just the old Stand Up Show off BBC one, but they've taken time off the acts to make sure some old cunt in the audience gets plenty of air time instead?

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: petrilTanaka on September 28, 2020, 10:33:09 AM
before I try and watch this:

is this just the old Stand Up Show off BBC one, but they've taken time off the acts to make sure some old cunt in the audience gets plenty of air time instead?

Yes to
Quotesome old cunt in the audience gets plenty of air time instead
especially where the guest established comic is well worn (they sit them at the 'bar' and get comments from them during the show and Rossy keeps bigging them up just in case we have forgotten they will be on the show later), and no to
Quoteis this just the old Stand Up Show off BBC one
as it is a slightly different format and some of the new acts are genuinely given a good bit of air time. I guess if they have gone well with the audience and got the required number of Ross guffaws they make more of the edit.

Try it you might like it, after all as the famous saying goes you should try everything in life at least once, except incest and Morris Dancing

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 27, 2020, 06:44:29 PM
I used to love The Last Resort and his various sttrange film shows. His radio show was good too so I'm not going to write him off that easily. He does seem quite mercurial though when it comes to his celeb chums.
He's good when talking about things he's a fan of, but I hate his chat-show stuff, which is 99% bland "let the celebs on to do some PR" and even the stuff like talking to David Cameron about wanking is just the same sort of PR, make Dave seem a good sort. He's made a good career in part out of insulting other celebs, but if you're willingly being insulted, where's the fun? And his appearances on panel shows and shit like Roast Battle are just awful.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 27, 2020, 02:42:42 PM
The turning point for me was about 15 years ago when he interviewed David Cameron and implied Cameron thought of Margaret Thatcher while masturbating. Aside from being offputting it's just a rubbish joke. It's just not amusing and a bit horrible. An unfunny sleazebag. I'm sure I've heard that he has or at least had a penchant for getting his knob out, something fellow pure cunts like Ricky Gervais and Keith Allen also were known for.

A pal of mine was a DJ and was doing a corporate gig at a posho hotel in Manchester (from memory it may well have been the Britannia). He was having a post disco beer in the bar which had a piano. He heard someone tinkling the ivories playing a particularity lovely tune. He went over for a look and it turned out to be Keith Allen who finished then got up and walked away to reveal his knob was hanging out the whole time.

Mind you we could probably do a whole thread devoted to Keith Allen knob out tales. 

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 28, 2020, 11:50:16 AM
And his appearances on panel shows and shit like Roast Battle are just awful.

I saw one episode of Roast Battle where a comedian made a (bland) reference to Grand Theft Auto and Ross reacted as if it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard, and kept on going on and on about it, it was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen, like a desperate to be cool Uncle who by doing such a thing proved himself to be the opposite.

lipsink

Quote from: Menu on September 28, 2020, 01:09:35 AM
And Chris Evans. I remember Bob Mortimer talking about it on RHLSTP. He sounded really irritated at the memory of it.

Wasn't that Keith Allen that Bob Mortimer was talking about? Or was it Evans also?

Menu

Quote from: lipsink on October 10, 2020, 11:08:09 PM
Wasn't that Keith Allen that Bob Mortimer was talking about? Or was it Evans also?

I'm sure it was Chris Evans but I think he mentioned both.

DrGreggles

Bob definitely said it was Evans.
Didn't someone on the Herring pod make a similar claim about Allen?

Small Man Big Horse

Didn't Bob tell a story about Keith Allen putting his cock in Bob's pint?

This is starting to feel like a game of Chinese whispers, and quite possibly it's one I never want to end.

DrAlanStatham

It's Keith, with Chris Evans getting a dishonourable mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwyUf0OlBsM&feature=youtu.be&t=2517

As one of the commenters points out, Bob's response to the question is one of the most sincere reactions ever captured on film. Or whatever the digital magic stuff it is that camcorders run on these days.

"Have you had dealings with him? Well let's just leave it at that then."

Such a perfect Bob put down.