Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brannigans Crisps RIP

Started by dr_christian_troy, September 22, 2020, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

With a craving for Brannigans crisps in mind, which have been appearing in various corner shops and supermarkets up until very recently, I emailed KP directly and received the following reply:

As small a sadness as this is in the current climate, it is yet another FFS in relation to my memories of taste bliss.

BlodwynPig

last pack I had, circa 1999, gave me food poisoning.  but before that I thought they were the best

Captain Z

Yet another victim of the minority of woke cultural Marxists that now control this country.

Tony Tony Tony

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck off kp cunts. Best crisps.

Never forgive
Never forget
Destroy kp company property
No justice no peace

thugler

pubs seemed to insist on stocking fucking mccoys instead, or pretentious 'hen and truffle' artisan crisps or wasabi peas .

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 22, 2020, 03:49:42 PM
Fuck off kp cunts

Hula Hoops Big Hoops original name deemed "too edgy" by focus group.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Brannigans
Seabrooks
Highlander

Pipers

>else

dr beat

shiftwork2

Were these the mustard bastards?  Hard crisps, mean crisps.  Not crisps for the average journeyman but intended for the snack pro.

Bazooka

What a sad time, The Beef and Mustard ones were a tour de force, the public are idiots for buying rubbish flavours.

rue the polywhirl

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 22, 2020, 03:40:02 PM
last pack I had, circa 1999, gave me food poisoning.  but before that I thought they were the best

Fuck off can you get food poisoning from crisps.

Rizla

Fuck this country. Why are we so embarrassed by our vast variety of strongly flavoured crisps? Cunts coming back from their holidays "did you know they only do two flavours over there - plain and paprika?" "what, just paprika?" "yeah mental eh" Hope these people are satisfied now.

Small Man Big Horse

Their lamb and mint sauce crisps were one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted, and I've normally a lot of time for shitty junk food.

Emma Raducanu

I used to get Tesco value ready salted crisps in my packed lunch box. They just went straight in the bin every day. Be glad you've had your brannigans.

Shit Good Nose

Not as sad about this as I once would have been.  No way - NO WAY - did the "rebooted" Brannigans taste the same as the originals.  The original roast beef and mustard were HOT as fuck, but the newer ones were lame in comparison.  Just backs up my great potato crisp conspiracy theory - bring out a new make or flavour, smack it up big with strong flavour that leaves blisters on the roof of your mouth, and then spend the next few years reducing the flavour a la Harry Hill's mash spoon on the way down.  There are exceptions (Co Op chardonnay vinegar and salt, a couple of Tesco Finest for example), but otherwise it's FACT.  Exhibit A is Kettle Chips salt and balsamic vinegar - hurt your mouth to eat them not so long ago.  Pretty much ready salted now.

Fortunately the cheapo corn snacks are on hand to give us that consistent flavour punch we deserve.

The Mollusk

Another hero of the lentil potato chewers gets it in the neck

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 22, 2020, 05:13:39 PM
There are exceptions (Co Op chardonnay vinegar and salt, a couple of Tesco Finest for example), but otherwise it's FACT.  Exhibit A is Kettle Chips salt and balsamic vinegar - hurt your mouth to eat them not so long ago.  Pretty much ready salted now.

I love those Co Op Chardonnay Vinegar and Salt crisps and I'm with you on that they're one of the few with a decent strong taste, the majority of others are quite piss poor.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Rizla on September 22, 2020, 04:47:17 PM
Fuck this country. Why are we so embarrassed by our vast variety of strongly flavoured crisps? Cunts coming back from their holidays "did you know they only do two flavours over there - plain and paprika?" "what, just paprika?" "yeah mental eh" Hope these people are satisfied now.

Germany has 'Afrika flavour' now

What's that you say

Yes, it's Afrika flavour, no explanation of any kind required cheers

paruses

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 22, 2020, 05:23:22 PM
I love those Co Op Chardonnay Vinegar and Salt crisps and I'm with you on that they're one of the few with a decent strong taste, the majority of others are quite piss poor.
Same here. Plus they go through phases of doing a bag for £1.70 or 2 for £2. Deadly.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 22, 2020, 05:32:21 PM
Germany has 'Afrika flavour' now

What's that you say

Yes, it's Afrika flavour, no explanation of any kind required cheers

Presumably smokies or bush meat.

Quote from: paruses on September 22, 2020, 05:33:56 PM
Same here. Plus they go through phases of doing a bag for £1.70 or 2 for £2. Deadly.

Two big size bags of those in one go will strip the lining from your mouth and tongue.  WHICH IS EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Bazooka on September 22, 2020, 04:13:59 PM
What a sad time, The Beef and Mustard ones were a tour de force, the public are idiots for buying rubbish flavours.

They where lovely.

seepage

Last crisps to take my face clean off were from the bar of a Holiday Inn [desolation]. If anyone knows the brand please let me know so I can avoid them in future.

dr_christian_troy

ASFTSN

Quote from: seepage on September 22, 2020, 06:11:21 PM
Last crisps to take my face clean off were from the bar of a Holiday Inn [desolation]. If anyone knows the brand please let me know so I can avoid them in future.

I would also like to know so that I can purchase a pack.

Those jalapeno pretzel pieces are good for making your todds quick. Give them a wide berth.

Blue Jam

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on September 22, 2020, 06:22:06 PM
Those jalapeno pretzel pieces are good for making your todds quick. Give them a wide berth.

Had some of those at the weekend because they were included in a gift box of Hitachino Nest ales I got as a thoughtful birthday gift. I can't recall any ill effects. They were coated in a decent quantity of spicy flavour dust, would have them again.

Mr Jam ordered a box of beers which came with some snacks, including a packet of Scampi Fries. We didn't dare open them in the house. I did briefly consider opening them before posting them through the letterbox of a certain local business run by a complete bell before realising this would probably be a breach of The Geneva Convention.

imitationleather

I like my hot crisps but these are just absurd.

If anyone can finish a bag on their own in one go no fucking about I'll give them a blowjob.