Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brannigans Crisps RIP

Started by dr_christian_troy, September 22, 2020, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Roofdog

Former Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Keith Branagan, all the kids remember him

Ardal O'Hanlon's homophobic humanoid cat from Doctor Who would have been a great spokesperson.

"Buy more o' dese crisps or I'll impregnate more of yer human women, to be sure! No lezzers."

Phil209

Quote from: Beagle 2 on September 24, 2020, 04:04:03 PM
All they needed was a revamp, they had that apron tache cunt on the front for yonks. Replace him with someone that speaks to the kids like Cardi B or Peter Duncan.

http://www.rapsnacks.net/cardib-flavors/

Brian Freeze

Can worcester sauce French Fries be found anywhere? Would love to complain that they dont taste like what they used to.
Serious question though, cheers x

buzby

Quote from: Brian Freeze on September 25, 2020, 06:07:17 AM
Can worcester sauce French Fries be found anywhere? Would love to complain that they dont taste like what they used to.
Serious question though, cheers x
Still commonly available - in stock at Asda, Tesco and Ocado's online stores. £1.50 for a 6-bag multipack.

magval

Local B & M Bargains here in NI has the 12 12 20 multipacks also. Could very well be the last date.

buzby

Quote from: magval on September 25, 2020, 11:18:51 PM
Local B & M Bargains here in NI has the 12 12 20 multipacks also. Could very well be the last date.
Yeah - I saw them in a B&Ms in Liverpool today too. I reckon they had remaining stock of the flavouring mix and packaging for the Roast Beef & Mustard and did a last run rather than binning them.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm holding out on this being a '6 music' type stunt.

Cold Meat Platter

12 12 20. The end of crisps. The end of time. The end.

touchingcloth

Just found you can recreate these by sprinkling mustard powder on a papadum and placing it on a slice of Asdas corned beef.

JamesTC

Bought a five pack of the Smoked Ham and Pickle as I figure I'd never eaten them, so I might as well try them while I can. Not really a fan. The overpowering flavour reminds me of Prawn Cocktail Pringles. I'll go back to lentil curls.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't wanna take the crisp thread too far off topic but I've made indian crispy onions for a biryani that i was doing and had some leftovers and they're basically like crack.

KTC sell them dried also.

Pseudopath

...and only 2,457 calories per packet.

dissolute ocelot

Cloud

Marketing campaign.  Count the days til "BY POPULAR DEMAND"

Brian Freeze

Quote from: buzby on September 25, 2020, 10:43:35 AM
Still commonly available - in stock at Asda, Tesco and Ocado's online stores. £1.50 for a 6-bag multipack.

Cheers Buzby as ever.

dr_christian_troy

Seeing as I'm not receiving any crisps from the FB page manager who I sent the story to which then went viral (I didn't ask but then he said he'd managed to get some locally and recommend I go and visit one of the locations but they're all in the North and I'm in the South, and if I had just received a ton of free publicity I would have sent some as gesture but maybe that's just me), if anyone does happen to end up with a packet or indeed a 6 pack of Roast Beef and Mustard that they're willing to sell please do DM me and I would be most grateful. Can cover the cost of the crisps and shipping and maybe a little extra as a thank you.

monkfromhavana

Had a bag of these at the weekend, jalapeno-flavoured pork crunch. The remnants at the end were possibly the saltiest things I have ever eaten and I could feel my heart crying.

buzby

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on September 29, 2020, 01:06:52 PM
Seeing as I'm not receiving any crisps from the FB page manager who I sent the story to which then went viral (I didn't ask but then he said he'd managed to get some locally and recommend I go and visit one of the locations but they're all in the North and I'm in the South, and if I had just received a ton of free publicity I would have sent some as gesture but maybe that's just me), if anyone does happen to end up with a packet or indeed a 6 pack of Roast Beef and Mustard that they're willing to sell please do DM me and I would be most grateful. Can cover the cost of the crisps and shipping and maybe a little extra as a thank you.
You have a PM.

George White

Surprised no one has mentioned John Wayne as a bewigged Irish-American cop in Scotland Yard as a mascot.

iamcoop

You can still get ham and pickle flavoured Brannigans from Chillingham Food & Wines in Newcastle. I know this because I purchased some a few days ago.

They're sold out pretty much everywhere online now and going for crazy money on eBay..

seepage

pork "crunch" is rubbish compared to scratchings. Also 'salt & vinegar' flavour definitely doesn't suit pork fat products

worst scratchings since March: The Snaffling Pig Co. 'Perfectly Salted' (blue bag) i.e. stupidly over-salted.
best scratchings since March: MS Traditional Pork Scratchings (Black Country Snacks)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: seepage on September 30, 2020, 08:11:58 PM
pork "crunch" is rubbish compared to scratchings. Also 'salt & vinegar' flavour definitely doesn't suit pork fat products

worst scratchings since March: The Snaffling Pig Co. 'Perfectly Salted' (blue bag) i.e. stupidly over-salted.
best scratchings since March: MS Traditional Pork Scratchings (Black Country Snacks)

I noticed when looking through google shopping there are people selling scratchings by the kilo in clear poly bags with a bread tag crimping it.

I'd buy that from a butcher no bother, but from some random herbert on ebay saying it's good for 'keto'. No, you're alright, ta.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: seepage on September 30, 2020, 08:11:58 PM

Yeah, pork crunch are generally bang average, but I had to give these a go and they were 'alright'.

I concur about the Black County Snacks' scratching, they're fantastic, as are the one's from Taylor's (although that might just be a Coventry thing for all I know). The problem with buying those big bags from your local butchers is that they're just too big, at least for one person and even over several days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

How did we get from lovely Brannigans potato snacks to shards of pork fat

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The only good pork scratchings is crackling directly from a freshly cooked roast. Anything in a bag is automatically shit.