Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brannigans Crisps RIP

Started by dr_christian_troy, September 22, 2020, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: ASFTSN on September 22, 2020, 06:21:27 PM
I would also like to know so that I can purchase a pack.

These are the best crisps I've had for the sheer "strip the roof of your mouth off" factor:

I haven't seen them for years and I think I must have had only tried them two or three times. They certainly left an impression though. Like Square Crisps when you'd still get the occasional one with one side coated in weapons grade salt and vinegar dust.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on September 22, 2020, 06:37:56 PM

I like my hot crisps but these are just absurd.

If anyone can finish a bag on their own in one go no fucking about I'll give them a blowjob.
Where can I get 'em?

I'm not keen on Salt and Vinegar, but respect their right to exist as part of the 'big three'.

imitationleather

I'm not sure if they've been discontinued or not.

Reading some reviews it sounds like the heat got reduced so if you do find some, eat them and reckon they're barely spicy at all it's not my fault alright?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 22, 2020, 06:41:59 PM
I'm not keen on Salt and Vinegar, but respect their right to exist as part of the 'big three'.

Not a fan of Cheese'n'Onion myself, especially not in vending machines or canteens. Who the fuck wants Cheese'n'Onion breath at work?

Prawn Cocktail is probably the worst though. They may as well be called "Sugar Flavour".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on September 22, 2020, 06:45:05 PM
I'm not sure if they've been discontinued or not.

Reading some reviews it sounds like the heat got reduced so if you do find some, eat them and reckon they're barely spicy at all it's not my fault alright?

Fair do's. The Levi Roots crisps are pretty nice. Not spicy in the slightest but a good flavour.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 22, 2020, 04:26:13 PM
Fuck off can you get food poisoning from crisps.

yup, ham and mustard flavour.

Thursday

Quote from: Captain Z on September 22, 2020, 03:42:16 PM
Yet another victim of the minority of woke cultural Marxists that now control this country.

Apparently right they told old Brannigan that he's got to make the Beef halal now. And old Branningan he's having none of it, he tells him "Well I'm not going to do that" and so they just said "Well we're going to have to close you down." It's unbelievable isn't it?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 22, 2020, 06:52:43 PM
Not a fan of Cheese'n'Onion myself, especially not in vending machines or canteens. Who the fuck wants Cheese'n'Onion breath at work?

That ship has sailed for me; at some point as an office drone consuming mostly bleak supermarket sandwiches for lunch I realised that the enjoyment of any "nice" or "fancy" sandwich can be exceeded by simply eating multiple cheese and onion sandwiches.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 22, 2020, 04:47:47 PM
Their lamb and mint sauce crisps were one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted, and I've normally a lot of time for shitty junk food.

yup, absolute cardboard thinking back.

Rizla

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 22, 2020, 06:55:03 PM
yup, ham and mustard flavour.
Ham and Mustard, you say?

Ham and Mustard yeah?

You sure about that mate.

You positive yeah?

You can still roll back on this blodders. Not too late mate. No-one will think any the less of you.

Ham and Mustard Brannigans.

monkfromhavana

I like my hot crisps but these are just absurd.

If anyone can finish a bag on their own in one go no fucking about I'll give them a blowjob.

We had a pack of those in the office, I was quite happy piling my way through them and fingering the flavour dust at the bottom.

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 22, 2020, 06:37:15 PM
Had some of those at the weekend because they were included in a gift box of Hitachino Nest ales I got as a thoughtful birthday gift. I can't recall any ill effects. They were coated in a decent quantity of spicy flavour dust, would have them again.

Mr Jam ordered a box of beers which came with some snacks, including a packet of Scampi Fries. We didn't dare open them in the house. I did briefly consider opening them before posting them through the letterbox of a certain local business run by a complete bell before realising this would probably be a breach of The Geneva Convention.

I find them alright, but I've known a few mates struggle on them.

One that has absolutely battered me is a binge on Pepperami Firesticks. They're my go-to for rage-eating, but hard to get a hold of these days. The red ones are a steady snack, but the black ones can cause some serious havoc.

V sorry for derailing crisp chat.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rizla on September 22, 2020, 06:59:18 PM
Ham and Mustard, you say?

Ham and Mustard yeah?

You sure about that mate.

You positive yeah?

You can still roll back on this blodders. Not too late mate. No-one will think any the less of you.

Ham and Mustard Brannigans.

Yeh, I saw that up thread before you posted. You are wrong. I was poisoned by brannigans ham and mustard...why? BECAUSE I USED TO MIX THE PACKS UP ON THE TABLE AT THE PUB AND WE'D GET HITS OFF THE DIFFERENT FLAVOURS. AHAHHHHAHHHAHHAHHA

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on September 22, 2020, 07:04:04 PM
They're my go-to for rage-eating

Had a great one of these stuck in a massive traffic jam driving Aberdeen -> Brum and getting stuck just past Manchester on a really hot day. Just angrily chain-eating a load of those long sausage rolls from Morrison's bakery that I'd bought then been too busy driving to remember to eat. Maybe if D-Fens had some of them at the start of Falling Down none of the bad stuff would've happened.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 22, 2020, 05:32:21 PM
Germany has 'Afrika flavour' now

What's that you say

Yes, it's Afrika flavour, no explanation of any kind required cheers

Coriander, Turmeric, Fennel and Garlic, apparently. You can almost hear the wildebeest in those Zutaten.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Those Trinidad Scorpion Chilli ones are unflavourful and just taste of potatoes and pain. I think the first 3 crisps were ok then it was just a sweating joyless fuckfest of jagged ordeal.

imitationleather

Oh yeah I wasn't recommending them as a good crisp. They're just hot and nothing else.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on September 22, 2020, 07:14:30 PM
Oh yeah I wasn't recommending them as a good crisp. They're just hot and nothing else.

Yes I gathered you didn't enjoy them.

Still, respect for them for making an extreme product that nearly everyone will hate. Top capitalism.

imitationleather

When eating them I feel like Jockie after he's had a spud with a pinch of pepper on it.

Shit Good Nose

Seabrooks - they're another one who were amazing a few years ago and then all of sudden every flavour tastes like ready salted ("plain" etc).

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 22, 2020, 07:05:25 PM
Yeh, I saw that up thread before you posted. You are wrong. I was poisoned by brannigans ham and mustard...why? BECAUSE I USED TO MIX THE PACKS UP ON THE TABLE AT THE PUB AND WE'D GET HITS OFF THE DIFFERENT FLAVOURS. AHAHHHHAHHHAHHAHHA

So what you're saying is you got food poisoning off the spunk, shit, piss and vomit spores of other people.  Like communal pub nuts.

chveik

covid toe flavour is all the rage these days

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 22, 2020, 07:23:13 PM

So what you're saying is you got food poisoning off the spunk, shit, piss and vomit spores of other people.  Like communal pub nuts.

Look, you can say what you like, I know what happened. It was at the Cradlewell pub in Sandyford Newcastle (RIP, apparently).

Emma Raducanu

When I bought my house, Nationwide delivered a 'moving in' present. Stuff like washing up liquid and table polish. In the hamper was a sachet of Heinz Tomato soup. 5 years later, I find the sachet and empty it into a cup. I dipped my finger into the powder, tasted it and it was 100% Tangy Toms.

In my day, a globule of pure crisp flavour dust was like gold and could be traded in for other goods. And here I was, with an entire sachet of it. Lived it like a king.

shiftwork2

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Thursday on September 22, 2020, 06:56:24 PM
Apparently right they told old Brannigan that he's got to make the Beef halal now. And old Branningan he's having none of it, he tells him "Well I'm not going to do that" and so they just said "Well we're going to have to close you down." It's unbelievable isn't it?

You couldn't make it up.

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

A character in JK Rowling's new book is murdered after eating some halal crisps.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 22, 2020, 08:58:13 PM
The Ham and Mustard paradox.

Quote from: imitationleather on September 22, 2020, 09:01:59 PM
A character in JK Rowling's new book is murdered after eating some halal crisps.

Bloody muslims forcing the ban again.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

ZoyzaSorris

Those co-op salt and vinegar paint-stripper flavour ones are indeed the one, as detailed by other sensible folk above. Could do two big bags of those in a sitting, easy.