Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Partridge statue in Norwich until Sunday

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 24, 2020, 12:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

"They've installed a statue...until next week"

QuoteAha! Alan Partridge has finally got the recognition he has always craved - a golden statue in the middle of Norwich.

Ardent Partridge fans Nick Dutton and Gavin Fulcher were behind the larger than life "gift to Norwich".

Sculptor Mr Fulcher said: "It was just a bit of fun really. I think during this time we could all do with a bit of light relief."

The pair denied the 11ft (3.3m) figure was a publicity stunt for Partridge's latest podcast produced from his shed.

The duo, who are self-employed sculptors in the film industry, designed and created the cold cast brass statue between work commitments over the last three years.

They based the dimensions on a friend who was a "similar size and build" to 5ft 9in (1.75m) actor Steve Coogan.

...The statue will remain outside The Forum until Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54277794

BlodwynPig

why not make it permanent? better than Delia or...Cathy Dennis.

QDRPHNC

Glebe

frajer

Oof that's tasty. Definitely should be a permanent fixture if feasible (and if not feasible due to some red tape or summat, just leave it there).

MojoJojo

Captain Z

QuotePartridge's latest podcast produced from his shed.

* Alan furiously calls Lynn *

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The combo of turtleneck, Pringle sweater and suit jacket catches the eye as Partridgean more than his face and hair.

Tikwid

Alan's official statement:

QuoteA STATEMENT.

Although this is completely unauthorised, having taken counsel, I am happy that the statue's attitude and stance are correct.

If the people of Norwich and surrounding areas want to memorialise me in sculpture, then as long as it is rendered in alpha brass with a low zinc content and not, say, a duplex brass, I grant my consent and will instruct my legal team to resheathe their daggers.

I was further concerned the statue would be a compound resin with gold paint applied. These fears have also been allayed.

If my statue can in some way act as an Ambassador for Brass, and encourage just ten children to take up a brass instrument, it will be an upbeat ending to an otherwise dreadful year.

Thank you.

STATEMENT ENDS.

Alan Partridge
DBNR

dissolute ocelot

Surely Alan wouldn't approve of cold cast brass, which is basically brass powder in resin? (Similar process to those sparkly toilet seats you get, but a higher metal content.) I fear it may not be safe from the Partridge lawyers after all.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 24, 2020, 03:43:54 PM
The combo of turtleneck, Pringle sweater and suit jacket catches the eye as Partridgean more than his face and hair.

I don't think he wears turtleneck, Pringle and blazer (with badge) in one outfit.

BlodwynPig

Phil_A

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 24, 2020, 03:43:54 PM

I would say that facially it does carry a certain air of Ray Davies-ness.

Glebe

Can somebody upload the statue to Dropbox or something? Can they do that now?

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on September 29, 2020, 09:07:25 PM
Can somebody upload the statue to Dropbox or something? Can they do that now?

Most statues post-2013 have DRM hardcoded to stop exactly this type of thing.

Cold Meat Platter

I understand it has a rather sophisticated and unique dongle.