Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Faucet - Bitter Insane Melting (crazed noise rock/hardcore)

Started by ASFTSN, September 24, 2020, 12:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASFTSN

A bandcamp find that I feel some here would be into - stuff for fans of all the usual suspects (Cows/Gore/Jesus Lizard/Steel Pole Bathtub) etc with some absolutely raging vocals from Laura Marina. There's a power electronics element to some of the interludes and the general atmosphere is unhinged anxiety inducing greatness.

Here's their bandcamp

Dirty Boy

It's not bad, i'm always a sucker for that early-90's AmRep sound. Don't hear much Cows or Jesus Lizard in it i have to say.

As for the singer, she doesn't come close to Megan from Couch Slut who are my current favourite thing of this particular type of thing. Fucking skin flaying.

ASFTSN

Cows/Jesus Lizard was just a lazy touchstone for "noise rock" yeah, I don't hear any real specifics! Couch Slut, what a name. I'll be checking that out, cheers.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Dirty Boy on September 24, 2020, 01:38:26 PMCouch Slut

Well, just finished listening to this (and reading the lyrics, oof). Thoroughly afternoon-ruining stuff, great! Maybe a bit more of a metal/sludge influence than what I think of when I think of noise rock, killer sound.

Dirty Boy

I think you'll find there's two other albums to listen to before you can leave.

QuoteMaybe a bit more of a metal/sludge influence than what I think of when I think of noise rock
Yeah, Unsane was my first thought. Glad you 'enjoyed'.