Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Enola Holmes

Started by Custard, September 25, 2020, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

dickheads

MIRANDA

invented it

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

NattyDread 2

Would this be suitable for a 7 and 10 year old? I presume it's not all that violent but thought I'd double check.

paruses

It was of course pioneered on Lovejoy

phantom_power

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on November 06, 2020, 02:15:40 PM
Would this be suitable for a 7 and 10 year old? I presume it's not all that violent but thought I'd double check.

Yeah. There is a bit of fisticuffs and people die but generally just some good old fashioned action. It is based on a set of YA books

Dex Sawash

El Unicornio, mang

I quite liked this, nice fun little lightweight adventure. Brown is charismatic and I enjoyed the fourth wall breaks/reaction stuff although it happened a lot. The lad who plays her "love interest" gained over 4 million followers on instagram in the month since it was released!

Funniest part I thought was Cavill's "Don't be ridiculous" as he sauntered into the police station.

dissolute ocelot

It's entertaining stuff, clearly angling to be first in a series, all the production values you'd expect from netflix, and an entertaining adventure with a plot that made a reasonable amount of sense. Some mild feminist digs at the patriarchy/Sherlock but nothing to scare the kids. I'm not sure if a younger child unfamiliar with Sherlock, the suffragettes, and 19th century inheritance law would get much out of it, but it requires no more suspension of disbelief than any other Sherlock Holmes stuff. I thought MBB was mostly tolerable, although the fourth wall breaks reminded me a bit of that fucking Caitlin Moran film (also a Netflix) - fine when she actually has something to say but too many; it tries hard to be a bit edgy and modern and a bit deconstructivy, and some of its attempts work better than others.