Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:04:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SUPERMARKET FUCKDOWN II: BOG ROLL HARDER

Started by Huxleys Babkins, September 25, 2020, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 25, 2020, 06:44:44 PM
Using paper is pretty disgusting when you think about it.

See that's what I'm saying.

Captain Z

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2020, 06:23:08 PM
You can get bum-gun attachments (search for shataff as that's what Muslims call them and they're the main customer base)

That's what they call them in Glasgow too.

MojoJojo

What do you guys think the toilet brush is for ?!?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MojoJojo on September 26, 2020, 08:27:06 PM
What do you guys think the toilet brush is for ?!?

Getting persistent tea stains out of mugs?

DrGreggles

Butchers Blind

You can get those bum wipes now, like wet ones but flushable, I think. Who cares about the environment when clean arses at stake.

Sebastian Cobb

The people that make them claim they're flushable but the lads down the shit farm say they're not. I know who I believe.

Captain Z

Yes, if they've made it as far as the shit farm then demonstrably they are flushable.

olliebean

The risk is that they will wad together in the pipes and form a clog. Proper bog paper disintegrates in water so this doesn't happen. The fact they've made it as far as the shit farm without disintegrating means they aren't suitable for flushing.

Sebastian Cobb

Aye and they also end up getting stuck in 'fat bergs' exacerbating those too.

idunnosomename

workin' on a shit farm
trying to skim some big turds
getting out my bog brush
and poking your poo

Aaron500

The lads at the shit farm should just put the flushable wipes back in the water supply, maybe they'll disintegrate second time round.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Aaron500 on September 27, 2020, 11:33:16 PM
The lads at the shit farm should just put the flushable wipes back in the water supply, maybe they'll disintegrate second time round.

My mates brother was a village postie and used to just shove the last of his round back in the postbox if he thought he was in danger of missing the lunchtime Simpsons.

SACKED.

dissolute ocelot

You can get a toilet with high-powered chopping blades on the outflow. Flush anything down that. Probably.

Although obviously putting it in a septic tank and dumping it outside Abellio ScotRail is also valid.

frajer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 27, 2020, 11:36:59 PM
My mates brother was a village postie and used to just shove the last of his round back in the postbox if he thought he was in danger of missing the lunchtime Simpsons.

SACKED.

My brother used to do one of those paper rounds where you deliver the local free village rag. All dumped in the river at the bottom of our street.

SACKED.

He now works in a supermarket and has to put up with adults brawling over trollies full of Miniature Heroes, so maybe there's something to be learned here.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 28, 2020, 09:16:33 AM
You can get a toilet with high-powered chopping blades on the outflow. Flush anything down that. Probably.

Saniflos are a macerator that can fit normal toilets to do the same thing. You often see them in bnb's and shit flats where someone's making more flats out of the original space. They're for using smaller pipes. I think they're generally not regarded as a good solution by plumbers.

Bloke I know that was doing up a church (actually the church featured in Local Hero, although parts of the film use a mock-up as it was on the West Coast) and had no water so bought a toilet with an electric incinerator that turns your shits to ash.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 28, 2020, 03:32:14 PM
Saniflos are a macerator that can fit normal toilets to do the same thing. You often see them in bnb's and shit flats where someone's making more flats out of the original space. They're for using smaller pipes. I think they're generally not regarded as a good solution by plumbers.
But how are they with body parts? Could our mate Des Nilsen have evaded capture with a bit of modern plumbing?

(I suspect the blades are more poo-grade than bone-grade sadly.)

Sebastian Cobb

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on September 27, 2020, 10:46:49 PM
The risk is that they will wad together in the pipes and form a clog. Proper bog paper disintegrates in water so this doesn't happen. The fact they've made it as far as the shit farm without disintegrating means they aren't suitable for flushing.

shit farm...actually better than wastewater treatment plant. They are not water resource recovery facilities, so shit farm follows the same ethos - there's gold in them thar stools.

Sebastian Cobb

What's the bigger problem for water recovery? Separating the water out the shit and piss or separating the water from other chemicals like soap, washing up liquid and oven cleaner etc?

buzby

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 29, 2020, 11:40:52 AM
But how are they with body parts? Could our mate Des Nilsen have evaded capture with a bit of modern plumbing?

(I suspect the blades are more poo-grade than bone-grade sadly.)
A standard SaniFlo macerator has a steel blade mounted on a plastic boss/impeller. They are rated for turds and toilet roll only - anything like dental floss or wet wipes just gets tangled round the blade, at which point you either have to open the thing up and unclog it, or more preferably just abandon the house :

The top of the range SaniBest Pro grinder has a hardened steel chopping blade that can handle the occasional wad of dental floss, baby wipe, sanitary towel or condom.

I don't think either of them would be able to handle cooked human rind, never mind bones.

Sebastian Cobb

Looking at that saniflo guide is giving me flashbacks of being a potwash and dealing with the grease trap under the sink. It doesn't really work the same way, other than water passing through it and it being smelly and disgusting.

Apparently one of the traps in one of the busy London Mc Donalds packed in and started filling an underground car park.

Cloud

I think you need to start asking if you need to adjust your diet if your turds need to go through a mincer on the way through the waste pipe.  Everything else other than bog roll which naturally disintegrates is then "yeah you're not meant to flush that"