Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Among Us

Started by bgmnts, September 25, 2020, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Among Us is a 2 year old game where it's basically The Thing in space. One person is The Imposter and the rest are the crew of a ship they have to fix. The Imposter has to kill everyone without being correctly identified and voted out during the game. It looks quite fun and addictive, is very low maintenance to run and has become quite popular in the Twitch community over the past couple of weeks.

Wondering if CaB would wanna get in on this? I reckon it'd be quite fun.

maett

yeah I've been watching Limmy play it, looks a lot of fun, but I don't have anyone to play with. Living in Korea with a bit of a time difference, the kids here are all playing it too. But complaining that people are quitting games when they are not cast as imposters, don't know what that says about Korean kids.

Puce Moment

I'd happily get in on any CaB community game. This looks extremely entertaining

druss

Looks really fun but I get stressed enough just watching Limmy playing it, think I might have a heart attack if it was me.

bgmnts

I've been the imposter a few times and i've won twice, it's a right giggle for me.

Cuellar

It'd be like those mafia threads again - harrowing.

gib

Quote from: Cuellar on September 26, 2020, 01:30:09 PM
It'd be like those mafia threads again - harrowing.

Yeah it's clearly an attempt to bring the mafia experience to the gaming masses but there are crucial differences when it come to harrowing. The voting and deciding who's scum in Among Us seems to take about a minute, in mafia it takes literally all day. And that day is spent on a forum where you might usually be a bit more polite about calling another poster a liar, whereas in AU the whole look and feel constantly reminds you it's just a game.

wooders1978

The "outside Xbox" YouTube streams of this are quite enjoyable, assuming you don't mind young attractive people who both seem really nice and are very amusing

evilcommiedictator

I didn't realize this is free on phones (with ads and some things unavailable) but doesn't restrict playing the game. Hard part is of course doing the live chat, but that's interesting.

Sin Agog

My sister in Lithuania invited me to play but I wanted to watch a bit of a stream first so I didn't go about groping in the dark.  Went for AOC and Ilhan Omar's games from a couple of days ago.  Seriously, coolest politicians ever, and Ilhan is surprisingly duplicitous and slash-happy.  It's sort of brave in a way for them to even play it: if they fail to easily clear the leaves out of the airlock, imagine what their detractors will think of their immigration policies.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAS3EPHJQk

Poobum

Found it funny that AOC seemed to never vote for anyone. Bit off message.

Poobum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfoLw_mxS6E

This looks brilliant, if a bit janky. Also quite funny.