Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

That's 20 You Silly Bastard

Started by Sebastian Cobb, September 25, 2020, 07:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Is there anything they can't fuck up?

Glebe

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Glebe on September 25, 2020, 09:19:50 PM
Boris, you require double-top!

I think it's safe to say he's on mad house each and every.

Glebe

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2020, 09:23:04 PM
I think it's safe to say he's on mad house each and every.

Russ Abbot leaves thread in disgust.

Sebastian Cobb

Glebe

Ferris

Those restrictions are useless. They patently aren't helpful at reducing spread (unless viruses only start at 10.01pm and never go near tables), and if people are in the boozer anyway they won't appreciate being told to stop and go home before they want.

It's a half measure that satisfies no one and guarantees continued spread of the disease. And as pointed out above, that's double 10 you cretins.

Sake.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 25, 2020, 09:29:57 PM
Those restrictions are useless. They patently aren't helpful at reducing spread (unless viruses only start at 10.01pm and never go near tables), and if people are in the boozer anyway they won't appreciate being told to stop and go home before they want.

It's a half measure that satisfies no one and guarantees continued spread of the disease. And as pointed out above, that's double 10 you cretins.

Sake.

Thanks for turning this into something more than a HS-Art thread ferris!

It does seem like bollocks, apparently the peak times under covid were 6-9, which makes it largely redundant. And at the weekends, I think it's a nailed-on way to get people to flout the rules.

Also in Scotland, where it's also being applied, there's a limit for carry-outs (off sales) in both pubs* and offies at 10pm. Aligning the hard deadline also, to me makes it another way to encourage 'back round mine?' drinking, as I know countless times that we (or just I) have been meaning to get from the offie, accidentally missed it and stayed until closing... with such a hard deadline that mistake would not have been met.

*my experience in getting the rules bent for this has been pretty mixed too. Pubs I've drunk in for years that would be happy to give me tick if the shop with the cash machine inside had shut wouldn't do it for anyone. A place run by a bit of a dodger I knew would, and I've seen it happen in some places I wouldn't expect it to, but generally you have to know the staff and it's not guaranteed. If it's busy you can always ask for a bottle of wine and smuggle it out though I guess.

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 25, 2020, 09:29:57 PM
It's a half measure that satisfies no one

Typical. If they start demanding everyone drinks halves too then the country really is in trouble.

Sebastian Cobb

Day two of a 10pm curfew: Oxford Circus has turned into an impromptu party

Video
https://twitter.com/charliehtweets/status/1309605815125454848

Uncle TechTip

I was in Leicester Square earlier and there's really not that many people at all. Everyone sticking to groups, nobody larging it and being annoying. I think these vids give false impression.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2020, 07:38:53 PM

Is there anything they can't fuck up?

There's nothing in this game for two six in a bed

Cold Meat Platter

What angle would he have been throwing that from? What's the shadow doing? Lads I think this photo's been doctored.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on September 26, 2020, 12:25:39 AM
What angle would he have been throwing that from? What's the shadow doing? Lads I think this photo's been doctored.

Tbf I've got darts in a board like that.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2020, 09:55:21 PM
Thanks for turning this into something more than a HS-Art thread ferris!

Was seeing how the other half live. Not a massive fan, will be pissing off back to HS Art sharpish.

QuoteIt does seem like bollocks, apparently the peak times under covid were 6-9, which makes it largely redundant. And at the weekends, I think it's a nailed-on way to get people to flout the rules.

Yeah exactly, and take any future rules less seriously. It's absurd.

Also in Scotland, where it's also being applied, there's a limit for carry-outs (off sales) in both pubs* and offies at 10pm. If it's busy you can always ask for a bottle of wine and smuggle it out though I guess.

We used to know which pubs would sell us bottles of wine but would be nice enough to "leave the cork in" when I lived in Edinburgh and it was after 10pm. Daft rule.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah I suppose you would get pubs that have wine with real corks in that edinburgh.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 26, 2020, 12:43:44 AM
Tbf I've got darts in a board like that.

LADS HES DEFENDING THE GOVERNMENT LOOK

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 26, 2020, 01:28:10 AM
Yeah I suppose you would get pubs that have wine with real corks in that edinburgh.

Chip shops have two colours of "soss". Bet you dream of that.